Quantcast

» «
Photo

Where are the package items at the mansion?

19 replies to this topic
Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

So I have 95 of the Hidden Packages found, and as such, I have all of the weapons. However, I just acquired the mansion from Diaz, but where are all of my items? I am getting sick of having to go all of the way back to Oceanview Hotel to get my stuff.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

Check along the side of the small wall left on the mansion.

confused.gif Here's something I slightly remember about some of the early releases of this game. I do believe if you collect all the packages (or what number value of 10+ weapon) before you buy the safe house with the Helicopter on top they will never appear due to a glitch. I don't know about this happening with the mansion though.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

I found them. They were on the opposite side from what the stupid strategy guide was telling me.

Okay, this sucks though, I have 99 packages and do not know where the last one is. I have gone through every location three times now looking for that last package.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

I have something that might help you. Try using the Rampage/Package Finder, which has the GTAForums post with information here. You just need to replace the main.scm file and before that backup the original file. You'll see some huge colors flashing and that's where you should look for the hidden package. The fastest way to find it is to take a helicopter and fly all around the map until you'll see it. It's very useful. After you're done, simply remove the downloaded main.scm file and put the other one back.
If you don't know how to use it, or don't want, simply upload your save here and I'll find it for you. icon14.gif

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 03:17)

confused.gif Here's something I slightly remember about some of the early releases of this game. I do believe if you collect all the packages (or what number value of 10+ weapon) before you buy the safe house with the Helicopter on top they will never appear due to a glitch. I don't know about this happening with the mansion though.

That was the Hyman Condo and apparently only on the original PS2 release. I've never had a PS2 so I don't know if it's real though.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 12:36)
QUOTE (Vanzant @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 03:17)

That was the Hyman Condo and apparently only on the original PS2 release. I've never had a PS2 so I don't know if it's real though.

Yeah it's real. I could have sworn it does that on the Xbox version as well. Thanks for posting the name of the property.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 11:31)
I found them.  They were on the opposite side from what the stupid strategy guide was telling me. 

Okay, this sucks though, I have 99 packages and do not know where the last one is.  I have gone through every location three times now looking for that last package.

If you don't have the PC version--- This is how I found my last 2 was by starting a new game and just going through them again til I didn't find one where I thought it was supposed to be.... then looking a bit harder for it. You DON'T have to do an missions--- you can get to the 2nd island in a multitude of ways -- convenienltly listed in this guide.... http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=389100

The 2 I was missing....

the one behind the malibu club--- guide said in the lot behind it.... there is a small gap between the malibu club and the lot with cars in it....
http://www.g-unleash..._package023.jpg

the one near the water behind Phils place-- it is located behind one of the pylons right next to the water--- you can't see it approaching from the east (the way I was facing each time I checked).... http://www.g-unleash..._package064.jpg

I can verify that the weapons bug at the hyman condo exists on the original PS2 version.... I bought it with only 35 packages or so and only had 3 weapons spawn there....

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 15:37)
I have something that might help you. Try using the Rampage/Package Finder, which has the GTAForums post with information here. You just need to replace the main.scm file and before that backup the original file. You'll see some huge colors flashing and that's where you should look for the hidden package. The fastest way to find it is to take a helicopter and fly all around the map until you'll see it. It's very useful. After you're done, simply remove the downloaded main.scm file and put the other one back.
If you don't know how to use it, or don't want, simply upload your save here and I'll find it for you. icon14.gif

mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif

What language is that? I do not understand a word you said. What is a .scm file? How do I even access a file extension on the PS2?

Spuds, that is where I am in a bind. I do not remember ever finding a package at the Malibu club, but I spent 20 minutes in the parking lot and the lot before that without success.

However, I even tried using that Ghostworld glitch and I combed the entire map and never saw the package floating everywhere. In fact, I have gone through the locations in both my strategy guide and videos on youtube, and there is no one location I do not recognize outside of the Malibu Club one, but again, I must have gotten it since it was not even there in the ghostworld.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Uhh, you should have said that you're on PS2. In this case, only a map or something may help you.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 10:33)
Uhh, you should have said that you're on PS2. In this case, only a map or something may help you.

Never knew I had to specify. How many people on this board play it on the X-Box?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

You have to be methodical--

IMO you are looking in the wrong spots and missing them... I thought I was looking at the right spots but wasn't and had gone through the entire list 3 or 4 times and was still missing them.

The only way you will know is to start a new game--- go through your list and check where you have been checking-- if you come across one that is not where you expected--- I'm betting that is one you are missing.... I don't believe in a missing package glitch.

Going through the entire list in a new game will take you about 90 minutes.... utilize the police maverick or the VCN maverick on the 2nd island to get around faster to the ones up on buildings and on the rock island... mark off each package from a printed map as you collect them so you don't miss any. Don't skip any.

If you have the original PS2 version and have a way to do so... you can upload your save and I will check (you can do this if you have a PS2 card reader and a PS3 that plays PS2 games)---

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:00 AM Edited by Dr Kain, 15 April 2012 - 07:03 AM.

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 00:04)
You have to be methodical--

IMO you are looking in the wrong spots and missing them... I thought I was looking at the right spots but wasn't and had gone through the entire list 3 or 4 times and was still missing them.

The only way you will know is to start a new game--- go through your list and check where you have been checking-- if you come across one that is not where you expected--- I'm betting that is one you are missing.... I don't believe in a missing package glitch.

Going through the entire list in a new game will take you about 90 minutes.... utilize the police maverick or the VCN maverick on the 2nd island to get around faster to the ones up on buildings and on the rock island... mark off each package from a printed map as you collect them so you don't miss any. Don't skip any.

If you have the original PS2 version and have a way to do so... you can upload your save and I will check (you can do this if you have a PS2 card reader and a PS3 that plays PS2 games)---

I just made it past the Cuban and Haitian missions, along with doing the paramedic and vigilante stuff, so I am not going to start all over at this point. If I do not get them all, then I do not get them, but it just sucks to have only 1 package missing. Plus, there are the packages that can only be acquired by a helicopter.

I guess if I were able to get everything else in the game, and that package is all I needed to get 100%, then I would really start trying to figure something out, but to be honest, I don't see that happening. I do not see myself being able to clear every little thing in order to get 100%, especially if I am unwilling to do so even in the games that have trophy support.

Anyway, what do you mean by original PS2 version? I have whatever version it is that came in the Trilogy box set. As for the PS3, I do not have one that reads PS2 games anymore, but I do still have the memory card adapter, so I can copy my memory card to the PS3, put the file on my computer, and maybe email it to you so you can take a look at it.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 03:00)

Anyway, what do you mean by original PS2 version? I have whatever version it is that came in the Trilogy box set. As for the PS3, I do not have one that reads PS2 games anymore, but I do still have the memory card adapter, so I can copy my memory card to the PS3, put the file on my computer, and maybe email it to you so you can take a look at it.

There are 3 versions of vice city for PS2-- the saves are incompatible with each other....

I have the originally released version purchased in Nov 2002-- your saves (from your trilogy pack version) are incompatible with my version so there is no way I could load up your save.

Perhaps someone else with a version compatible with yours can look at your save.... anyone?

FYI-- when I say start a new game--- I mean only for checking out where packages are-- you would use the new game to go through the list--- to make sure you were looking in all the correct places--- and not checking the wrong place each time and missing the actual place it was located... that is what I did with mine... when I came to one where the package wasn't where I had been looking--- I looked harder for it and then found it.... then went back to my original save and collect them.

I did the same thing for my last 2 unique stunts--- I was hitting all the stunts but not making them register correctly--- I started a new game, started hitting them again til I found ones hard to register--- I then would keep re-doing them til I could make them register every time I hit them.... then went back to my original save and redid the ones hard to register.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

Perhaps someone else with a version compatible with yours can look at your save.... anyone?

I could probably help, as I have both the Greatest Hits and Trilogy Pack versions and those are compatible save-wise...As far as I know, it is only the Original version(which you have) that was incompatible with other versions? Just curious, What all was changed between the Original version and the later ones that made them not compatible? confused.gif

Like you, I make the same mistake every time on the one behind Phil's place...and a few others(however, on the PS2, I remembered the locations of most of them from playing the PC version so much-lol)..I guess that's why I tend to start on the West Island and get all those first(I do that by making sure I have the correct number of packages collected vs. the number the guide says is on that island before moving to the East Island, that way if there is one I missed, I know it is on the East Island and not on the West Island)...I hope that made sense?

I still keep forgetting about the ones in the water every time it seems like though...

However, On PC, there is an easier way to find the last one or two that are missing-just use Dem's code tool and it will find them for you-a lot easier than having to go through the list again-lol. But, that does not apply to PS2 unfortunately.. tounge2.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 01:04)

I could probably help, as I have both the Greatest Hits and Trilogy Pack versions and those are compatible save-wise...As far as I know, it is only the Original version(which you have) that was incompatible with other versions? Just curious, What all was changed between the Original version and the later ones that made them not compatible? confused.gif

Like you, I make the same mistake every time on the one behind Phil's place...and a few others(however, on the PS2, I remembered the locations of most of them from playing the PC version so much-lol)..I guess that's why I tend to start on the West Island and get all those first(I do that by making sure I have the correct number of packages collected vs. the number the guide says is on that island before moving to the East Island, that way if there is one I missed, I know it is on the East Island and not on the West Island)...I hope that made sense?

I still keep forgetting about the ones in the water every time it seems like though...

However, On PC, there is an easier way to find the last one or two that are missing-just use Dem's code tool and it will find them for you-a lot easier than having to go through the list again-lol. But, that does not apply to PS2 unfortunately.. tounge2.gif

If you are willing to help me, I'll try to copy my save to my PS3, put it on a flashdrive, and then copy it to my computer. Can you PM me an email address to send the file to? Thanks a lot as I am getting really frustrated now that I managed to complete the firefighter, pizza delivery, vigilante, and hospital missions for the upgrades. Never thought I would do it. I'm still not sure I'll end up getting 100%, but I am currently motivated to at least attempt to get 100%. biggrin.gif

Of course, watch, the moment I 100% this game, Rockstar will announce they are going to do an HD Collectoin for PS3, which will include Trophies. suicidal.gif

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

I'm willing to bet the one you're missing is one of the rooftop ones on the first island. When I collect them a few of those rooftop ones are a bitch to find with screenshots. Check those.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Just found this-- Here is a way to get PS2 files to PC without a card reader-- will need a flash drive.

You will want to go to that youtube page for some links.

I did experiment a while ago with my ps3 and card reader and could not get the PC to read my card reader--- so how I lifted the saves was copy the memory card to the PS3 with the card reader then copied the entire card to a flash drive.

The above seems a lot simpler if you can get it to work.

HTH..

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 07:28)
I'm willing to bet the one you're missing is one of the rooftop ones on the first island. When I collect them a few of those rooftop ones are a bitch to find with screenshots. Check those.

See, I've checked several times all over the rooftops.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Radioman, I've sent you a PM asking for an email address I can send the file to.

I've tried the Ghostworld trick 4 times now and still have not been able to find that last package, and now, it is the last side item I need for 100%, as I just have the Malibu missions left and 1 assassination mission before the end.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

-_-

-_-

-_-

I...

am...

an...

idiot!!!

I just found the last package underneath the plane that had the one on top of it. How the hell did I miss that package THAT many times????????????????????????

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users