» «
Photo

Who would rather jus 1 protagonist ?

59 replies to this topic
hitman_for_hire
  • hitman_for_hire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:32 AM Edited by hitman_for_hire, 13 April 2012 - 12:40 AM.

I wouldnt like to have multiple protagonist cause it would put me off for some reason i think its cause im use to playing as the 1 person but i would love to play as different people in dlc like gta iv.

Now is that better kiddo

Phrill
  • Phrill

7-8 LIONS

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Learn to spell

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

I agree. Multiple protagonists would be a major turn-off for me. I don't want to do a few missions as Protagonist X and then automatically switch over and play as Protagonist Y.

hitman_for_hire
  • hitman_for_hire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 00:48)
I agree. Multiple protagonists would be a major turn-off for me. I don't want to do a few missions as Protagonist X and then automatically switch over and play as Protagonist Y.

Ye im glad sum1 feels the same way it would ruin my gta feeling if u know what i mean. In gta u always go from rag to richs but if we had multiple protagonists the sec u get to richs your moving onto a new guy it jus wouldn feel like the other series.

MrDFlipside
  • MrDFlipside

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

Yeah, I prefer to get to know one character, not switch all the time from character to character, plus when there's just one guy, they'll be more work and effort put into him. (Dialogue, etc.) So if GTAV does have more than 1 protagonist, it will be a little off-putting, but ill get over it! tounge2.gif

Chickenwing
  • Chickenwing

You See it in the Movies.....

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

Yes, I just want one...

Heavy Rain had multiple protagonists and it just didn't work for me... Too much back and foward

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

I'm sure R* could do a good job with it, and it would be interesting to see, but I wonder if the novelty would wear off after awhile.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (Chickenwing @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 01:49)

Yes, I just want one...

Heavy Rain had multiple protagonists and it just didn't work for me... Too much back and foward

I kind of agree about that I hated playing as the FBI agent and the women.

But I thought the story was well told.

Anyway I also want to play as just one character.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

I agree, i only want one protagonist like previous GTAs but i'm sure if GTA V will have multiple protags R* will do it right, they never dissapoint

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:14 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 13 April 2012 - 02:18 AM.

I've said this before, but I believe if GTA V has multiple protagonists the game will be split up in to "chapters". E.g you play as protagonist 1 for say 30 missions before switching to chapter 2 as the next one and just like EFLC. I would even have some of the missions actually all take place parallel to eachother with cross over missions.

I'll lay any money if this game has multiple protagonists and it's set up similar to what I have said there'll be a mission where they all come together and we play the mission 3 times (Or more depending if there are more protagonists) from each perspective just like GTA IV/EFLC.

To avoid confusion with free roam you can go back to any completed chapter and everything you unlock crosses over for each protagonist and hell maybe even make each protagonist have his own, unique side missions or whatever aswell as the general ones like taxi, vigilante etc.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

When I heard the rumor of multiple protagonists I was a little put off too. It's just a feature I never liked in other games and something I always hoped would stay away from GTA.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

The trouble with having only one protagonist is, that if you don't like him (i'm looking at you Niko) you're pretty much stuck with him anyway.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

It just doesn't work well for a sandbox game. I liked it in Heavy Rain because that was like an interactive movie, which made sense to switch from character to character.
I only liked it with EFLC because they were essentially separate. I just hope Rockstar knows what they're doing.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 21:16)
The trouble with having only one protagonist is, that if you don't like him (i'm looking at you Niko) you're pretty much stuck with him anyway.

But there's always a plus side to this kind of situation. Get a Niko to hold a molotov, then get it to drop it on the ground. Now he's on fire and writhing in pain. Hilarity ensues.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

Haha, so true. GTA IV was pretty much dead to me, but I think I could have gotten past the fact that I didn't like Niko if the map was actually good or even the storyline... confused.gif

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (sonnyBlack @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 02:20)

But there's always a plus side to this kind of situation. Get a Niko to hold a molotov, then get it to drop it on the ground. Now he's on fire and writhing in pain. Hilarity ensues.

A fair point...

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 21:23)

A fair point...

Whenever I decide to play GTA IV I get bored so quickly and end up killing Niko as many ways as I can. devil.gif

Ps3blaze22
  • Ps3blaze22

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 02:26)

A fair point...

Whenever I decide to play GTA IV I get bored so quickly and end up killing Niko as many ways as I can. devil.gif

GTA IV is the best on in the series, stop hating on it because its realistic
*sigh* so many zee wannabes on this forum, go play saints row: the turd or something

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

I'm not for multi protags either. You build up the characters wealth and assets and play from that perspective. I was quiet on the multi-protagonist theory because deep down I don't want it.
I figure the rumor stems from LA Noire in which it was fitting and was a cinematic story. It was good in that, could have even been more of it.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Ps3blaze22 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 02:31)

A fair point...

*sigh* so many zee wannabes on this forum, go play saints row: the turd or something

The best in the series suicidal.gif

Ps3blaze22
  • Ps3blaze22

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (Degrees @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 02:39)

A fair point...

Yes it's the best one in the series, just because you cant make niko fat or have a stupid pink mohawk doesn't mean its sh*tty, if you want unrealistic fun go play the stupid saints row games

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Ps3blaze22 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 02:43)

A fair point...

Yes it's the best one in the series, just because you cant make niko fat or have a stupid pink mohawk doesn't mean its sh*tty, if you want unrealistic fun go play the stupid saints row games

I don't care for Saints Row.

Also I didn't get to do most of those things in Vice City but even that is better than 4. 4 is only better than SA and VC because of graphics. Kind of lame that the only thing you can back 4 up with is graphics and nothing else.

The missions were mostly the same 3 or 4 missions had you going into the same looking hoodlum estate trying to kill one guy.

Also the story wasn't as deep as you IV fanboys make it out to be.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

Guys can you keep it on topic please? We don't need a GTA IV/SRTT bash thread.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 02:49)

I don't even like Saints Row

WhiteArcticFox
  • WhiteArcticFox

Driver

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

Perhaps we get a choice in the beginning, play as A or play as B, but these protagonist A and B interact with one another throughout the game and each tell his own story. Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see, it's too late into production to change R*'s mind about this unless you want half-arsed singleplayer story.

Ps3blaze22
  • Ps3blaze22

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 02:49)

sorry about that man

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Degrees @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 02:49)
QUOTE (Ps3blaze22 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 02:43)

A fair point...

I don't care for Saints Row.

Also I didn't get to do most of those things in Vice City but even that is better than 4. 4 is only better than SA and VC because of graphics. Kind of lame that the only thing you can back 4 up with is graphics and nothing else.

The missions were mostly the same 3 or 4 missions had you going into the same looking hoodlum estate trying to kill one guy.

Also the story wasn't as deep as you IV fanboys make it out to be.

Where did he ever mention graphics? Oh right, he didn't. You're just pulling counter-arguments out your ass because he is probably right. GTA IV was completely different from the previous games, it had a set of serious characters and a serious storyline. There was nothing goofy or crazy about it like the previous ones. It was like a real-life gritty crime-drama. Apparently, some of you can't grasp the concept of a serious plot and probably still use "gay" as an insult or when you really mean "stupid."

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

CP1dell - The Forum leader already mentioned that we need to stay on topic. If anybody REALLY wants to keep arguing, just PM the person, myself included.

The reason why one protag can be a problem is simple, if you don't like the protag - the whole game isn't going to be fun. If there is another playable character then we atleast have something to look foward to.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 14:25)
The reason why one protag can be a problem is simple, if you don't like the protag - the whole game isn't going to be fun. If there is another playable character then we atleast have something to look foward to.

I agree. It was painful playing TBOGT as I thought Luis was an incredible douchebag.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 03:27)
QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 14:25)

I agree. It was painful playing TBOGT as I thought Luis was an incredible douchebag.

He barely had any backstory, and didn't really have any other qualities that all the other protagonists had.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users