» «
Photo

Who's buying them? GTA5 add-ons

45 replies to this topic
Brooky_B
  • Brooky_B

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:21 AM Edited by Brooky_B, 13 April 2012 - 12:38 AM.

Who's buying them? GTA5 add-ons, Downloadable. Content, like add-ons
that you buy for your avatars or whatever on "xbox" or even crap from the mall on PlayStation home.

Add-ons like Modern war and the alike type games map packs
Add-ons Like RDR "Zombies"
Add-ons like/for anything that anyone could ever image to charge for...

Who's buying them? GTA5 add-ons

Which ones off "your wishlist" would you pay for??? suicidal.gif

Why even play if there's even one charged add-on? angry.gif

Will charged add-ons add or take away from the game?

GTA is great? Right? So, would a GTA5 with charged add-ons be same feel as GTA in general??? notify.gif

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Not the addons, but i'll probably buy the DLC.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:30 AM Edited by SmC12, 13 April 2012 - 01:34 AM.

I dunno. I don't believe R* will go down the path of almost all developers nowdays by charging us for bullsh*t that should already be in the game. They have to much pride in their games to f*ck their fans like that. So far their add-ons have been worth it and I expect it to continue.

If their DLC is anything like Episodes from Liberty City or Undead Nightmare, then I'll pay whatever they charge. EFLC was by far the best DLC I've ever seen, both in quality and content. Most importantly both UN and EFLC were true add-ons.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

Nope, nothing. I pay for the game and expect a FULL game.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

No unless they come on a disc.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

All of it. I plan that it'll be $100 for everything. $60 game and $40 of DLC. Of course they usually end up adding something exclusive to the Complete Edition so it would make the most sense to wait. But who can wait?

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 01:30)
I dunno. I don't believe R* will go down the path of almost all developers nowdays by charging us for bullsh*t that should already be in the game. They have to much pride in their games to f*ck their fans like that. So far their add-ons have been worth it and I expect it to continue.

If their DLC is anything like Episodes from Liberty City or Undead Nightmare, then I'll pay whatever they charge. EFLC was by far the best DLC I've ever seen, both in quality and content.

This
R* is the best developer/publisher out there, they will never treat their fans badly, i honestly didn't buy any DLC this gen except Episodes from liberty for GTA IV and Undead Nightmare for RDR, R* always make quality games followed by great DLCs and honestly i can't see them changing that anytime soon, R* and Naughty Dog are actually the only companies that didn't release crappy DLCs or milk their games this gen

BrandonDaProdigy
  • BrandonDaProdigy

PRODIGIUM

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

episodes from san andreas

we get to see the lives of someone in san fierro and las venturas, since the main game gta v will only be in los santos and the woods

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 12:42)

If their DLC is anything like Episodes from Liberty City or Undead Nightmare, then I'll pay whatever they charge. EFLC was by far the best DLC I've ever seen, both in quality and content.

This
R* is the best developer/publisher out there, they will never treat their fans badly, i honestly didn't buy any DLC this gen except Episodes from liberty for GTA IV and Undead Nightmare for RDR, R* always make quality games followed by great DLCs and honestly i can't see them changing that anytime soon, R* and Naughty Dog are actually the only companies that didn't release crappy DLCs or milk their games this gen

Also this, i will not be purchasing zombies though, zombies suck IMO.

IF Rockstar does go the way of sh*tty one day DLC and all that other bullsh*t big companies churn out, well they lose much respect, and i may stop being a fan.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

Get outta here! You guys don't deserve to be on these forums...

I would buy any and all DLC (as long as it's a fair deal with good content)

GTA_Fan_Jonny
  • GTA_Fan_Jonny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

I bought all DLC for GTA 4 and they were pretty good, I'd no doubt would buy any for GTA5 as I love GTA and would add more fun to the game and hopefully on multiplayer smile.gif .

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

If the DLC is like Episodes from Liberty City I'll pay for it. EFLC was the best DLC I've ever seen and a true add-on.
Also I would pay for lazlow in gta v even as dlc biggrin.gif

KidInTheHall
  • KidInTheHall

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

I'll pay for the episodes, they make enough money from GTA they don't need to screw us over and nickel and dime us. They make quality stuff.

Brooky_B
  • Brooky_B

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

If their DLC is anything like Episodes from Liberty City or Undead Nightmare, then I'll pay whatever they charge. EFLC was by far the best DLC I've ever seen, both in quality and content. Most importantly both UN and EFLC were true add-ons.

-_-

wat, are you, typing about....
Pretty sure, Episodes from Liberty City or Undead Nightmare, was got from a rogers on rent(thank geepers town, didn't buy it, muti sucked.

Really you tell wut the diff is between "add-on and DLC"

sleepy.gif

Brooky_B
  • Brooky_B

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 01:45)

Really.... rrrrrrrreally

Go play WWE 2013.

icon14.gif

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

To me it just comes down to if i think the content is worth buying.

Brooky_B
  • Brooky_B

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 01:42)
All of it. I plan that it'll be $100 for everything. $60 game and $40 of DLC. Of course they usually end up adding something exclusive to the Complete Edition so it would make the most sense to wait. But who can wait?

well this " exclusive to the Complete Edition" was not even invented when GTA first came out, right? So, once again you tell if, GTA is great? Right? So, would a GTA5 with charged add-ons be same feel as GTA in general??? suicidal.gif

enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

I think most of us here r going to buy the DLCs considering that we care so much about this game as to talk about it on forums with other people that love the game as well(not saying its a bad thing at all)

For me, beating $15 worth of TBOGT and TLAD both took longer than the $60 Modern Warfare 3 campaign, and I got far more enjoyment out of them also. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 01:42)

This

Well they kind of did it with gta4. Parachute for example should have been in the original.

Brooky_B
  • Brooky_B

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (enjoithepain @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 04:44)
I think most of us here r going to buy the DLCs considering that we care so much about this game as to talk about it on forums with other people that love the game as well(not saying its a bad thing at all)

For me, beating $15 worth of TBOGT and TLAD both took longer than the $60 Modern Warfare 3 campaign, and I got far more enjoyment out of them also. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

wow, TBOGT and TLAD cost $15 to rent ya and ya anyone could beat them with in 24hrs (3 days rent)

But really who even played MW3 campaign???
ya, maybe prestige but thats only because so board waiting on a GTA5

It would suck if it's going to be the same old shi t. What MW got to number 3 but their multi was good, and has got backing from it's last #'s so who cares to even bother wasting the free time to play GTA5 if it's full of DLC or as some would call it add-ons

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Brooky_B @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 00:39)
But really who even played MW3 campaign???

Guilty as charged... sigh.gif

Quite honestly why would I not buy every piece of DLC for this game? Rockstar* obviously does not release sh*tty DLC like some other (obviously talking about THQ) companies out there considering they could have done so much more with IV DLC wise and they only gave us episode's - which is not a bad thing, either.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

Jesus, what is up with your grammar?

On Topic: I'd buy their DLC, as long as it isn't like how Volition's trying (and failing) to milk the DLC for Saint's Row: The Third right now. I mean, if they have fourty weeks of DLC right from the get-go, then Rockstar can go f*ck themselves. But, because I know for a fact that's not going to happen, I'm going to probably get Rockstar's high quality DLC.

DatassGTA
  • DatassGTA

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

I actually think they did really good when it came to RDR zombies, if they did that with GTA V it would be cool, starting in the country side and you have to make your way to the city, but when you get there, it's overran, it would be pretty cool.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

Should be freebies as in RDR, when you unlock things in game, otherwise, maybe I'll buy a backdrop, but it's all a rip off, sorry to say

OriZarhiKing5
  • OriZarhiKing5

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

It always worried me that after I buy a game, that I would have to pay $5 here, $5 there--essentially get nickel & dimed to death for many things that should come with the $60 game. Microsuck has talked seriously about this for a long time, about charging for every little thing. Fkn kosher bullsh*t! If games ever become that then I will not buy anymore games, period. We as gamers have to say no to bullsh*t like this. DLC yes, but I would never pay money for a car or a gun or clothing. That's a clear example of greed and it needs to be stomped out anywhere it pops up in it's many forms.

niyazikilic03
  • niyazikilic03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 01:45)

I'll buy everything because R* brings up good things!

Chickenwing
  • Chickenwing

You See it in the Movies.....

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Degrees @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 01:36)

This....

I dislike the idea of having to pay more for more content....

We should just be able to buy the game and have the full game... I dislike exclusive content to different consoles etc

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

If DLCs were released fo GTA V, I would be more than willing to buy them.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Chickenwing @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 00:10)
QUOTE (Degrees @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 01:36)

This....

I dislike the idea of having to pay more for more content....

We should just be able to buy the game and have the full game... I dislike exclusive content to different consoles etc

This. EA are doing this with the EURO 2012 game for FIFA 12 (though to be honest, it's actually a lot cheaper than a separate game. It'll probably cost just a few bucks rather than 50$ for a new game).

However, if R* decide to take away all the activities and a bunch of cars and say, "If you want all that cool and amazing stuff, buy a new DLC for 1 billion dollars!". Basically, that would be a complete rip-off and an insult to the community.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users