NAT strict?

12 replies to this topic
Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

is there anyway to change NAT type from strict to open?, my friend cant connect with certain players, everytime he joins other players somehow drop from the server and they are unable to join back, notice this happen only with certain players, cuz i can play with him without any problems, anyway to fix this?.....(its on PC)

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

Google man, it's usually a lot faster.

http://answers.yahoo...24145735AAOBh5C
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=415686

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

it worked for him by opening these ports : http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=407527

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:09 AM Edited by Majestic81, 14 April 2012 - 11:22 AM.

umm ok so the ports worked and now the NAT type is changed to open, but hes still unable to join certain people, to be honest its getting frustrating, anyone can help?

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Many people had this problem, it's possible you can't join some people depending on their local configuration. You'll probably have more luck looking on GFWL forums as this is not strictly GTA related.

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

I'll just go ahead and add this to the long list of reasons to consult Razor1911 for the next interesting Cockstar title.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:07 PM Edited by radioman, 15 April 2012 - 04:12 PM.

Also, Modding questions go in the MODDING FORUMS, as noted at the top of EVERY sub-section here...In your haste to post, you must have missed that? Just a friendly heads up... smile.gif tounge2.gif

I'll just go ahead and add this to the long list of reasons to consult Razor1911 for the next interesting Cockstar title.

Also, the use of Cracks and discussion of such is illegal as per Statues 815.06 and 815.04 AND according to the Forum rules, which are PINNED in the Announcements section. Just a heads up from the friendly Law Enforcement officer... tounge2.gif Games are designed to be played WITHOUT the use of cracks, which is why game developers do not release them with games and instead release the games on disc(either CD OR DVD) OR via download on Steam/D2D/Gamestop downloads/Amazon downloads...

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:12 PM Edited by Majestic81, 15 April 2012 - 04:29 PM.

Also, Modding questions go in the MODDING FORUMS, as noted at the top of EVERY sub-section here...In your haste to post, you must have missed that? Just a friendly heads up... smile.gif   tounge2.gif

Also, the use of Cracks and discussion of such is illegal as per Statues 815.06 and 815.04 AND according to the Forum rules, which are PINNED in the Announcements section. Just a heads up from the friendly Law Enforcement officer... tounge2.gif Games are designed to be played WITHOUT the use of cracks, which is why game developers do not release them with games and instead release the games on disc(either CD OR DVD) OR via download on Steam/D2D/Gamestop downloads/Amazon downloads...

blah!

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 18:07)
Also, Modding questions go in the MODDING FORUMS, as noted at the top of EVERY sub-section here...In your haste to post, you must have missed that? Just a friendly heads up... smile.gif tounge2.gif

Would you PLEASE stop posting on this board? You only cause confusion with your comments. Where in this thread did anyone mention mods? Just stop and go away, it's that easy.

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 16:07)
Also, Modding questions go in the MODDING FORUMS, as noted at the top of EVERY sub-section here...In your haste to post, you must have missed that? Just a friendly heads up... smile.gif   tounge2.gif

Razor1911 is a team of coders and developers. It may seem implied that I was mentioning a crack but there's no actual direct evidence of that. I choose my words wisely as to respect the ToS, which I believe I have.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:12 AM Edited by radioman, 18 April 2012 - 05:14 AM.

Where in this thread did anyone mention mods?

He mentioned something about "NAT" which I thought he was talking about modding? If it was something else, it should have been explained in better detail, as to not cause confusion...This may be a prime example where abbreviations should not be used, in my opinion... confused.gif (confused and curious)..

Also, 9 times out of 10, when "Razor1911" is mentioned on these boards, it is referring to a Crack...Just a heads up. tounge2.gif

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 05:12)
Where in this thread did anyone mention mods?

He mentioned something about "NAT" which I thought he was talking about modding? If it was something else, it should have been explained in better detail, as to not cause confusion...This may be a prime example where abbreviations should not be used, in my opinion... confused.gif (confused and curious)..

Also, 9 times out of 10, when "Razor1911" is mentioned on these boards, it is referring to a Crack...Just a heads up. tounge2.gif

I've never heard someone discuss NAT and not use the abbreviation, but yeah, not a mod tounge.gif . It has something to do with how IP address info is relayed between networks.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:29 PM Edited by SmC12, 18 April 2012 - 08:33 PM.

Network Address Translation being abbreviated to 'NAT' is standard, it's not an example not to use abbreviations, it's an example not to jump to a conclusion when you don't actually know what's being discussed. wink.gif

There are 3 NAT types: Open, Moderate and Strict. Open allows you to connect to almost anyone on a global scale, so it's the best to have. The most effective way to change NAT is ports.

If port forwarding didn't work then the problem could be with his router or ISP. Or your friend just didn't port forward correctly, it's quite tricky. Make sure the IP address is set to static before port forwarding, and set up everything accordingly like noting the DNS address and Gateway.

Here is a guide on how to set up a static IP: Link (might have to skip an ad)

And here are step-by-step, in depth guides on how to successfully forward ports. This site has a guide set up for every router model out there, so make sure to pick the correct one. Then there is a list of games and the ports they require, find the XBL and GTA IV ones. Follow it all carefully and it should work. Xbox Live requires ports 88 (UDP), 3074 (UDP & TCP) and 80 (TCP).

I've had this problem many times, and still do occasionally. Mostly only for GTA IV, despite my internet being fine and having no kind of restrictions in place which would prevent my connectivity. I can instantly get into any other multiplayer game, but when trying in GTA IV I commonly get a "Disconnected from game session. Returning to single player" message before even joining. It's happened despite having an open NAT setting. So if nothing else works, just keep trying untill you eventually get into a game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users