Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am I actually the only person who feels like hi...

31 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Am I actually the only person who feels like hitting their head against a wall over this?

Situation: Inactive hosts on Lobby Screen

I join a game (e.g. Mafia Work) there are already several people in there (e.g. 10 players) waiting for the game to start. They all have their checkboxes ‘checked’ wanting to start except for one person, and you know who … the f-ing host! I can see in an instant that he is afk so surely everyone else can see this too as they have been here longer than I? And on that basis they should all kick him!? Yet either no one, or only one or two of them will be doing so. Clearly the Noobs won’t understand, but most often 95% of the players are ranked 5+, so they should understand what is going on, no? We could consider that they too are afk, but been as they have all ‘checked’ the checkbox and further more most of them are furiously ‘checking/unchecking’ repeatedly, they are clearly frustrated with me.

So WHY is it then that I’m the only one trying to kick the host? Some of the players are leaving and re-entering clearly wanting to find a game but keep being put back into the same one.

Anyway, out of shire principle I devote myself to getting the game started. I have to individually message every player (PS3) and tell them to kick the host. It takes messaging them all at least twice with the same message to stand a slim chance of actually getting the host kicked. If I fail which I most likely will, then in the end I give up and have to play another game such as Cops & Crooks.

And all this is just because some stupid fool was afk. WHY? Is he that stupid/selfish/ignorant that he can’t foresee what will happen if he leaves himself in a game whilst he goes for lunch? And WHY don’t the game designers kick inactive hosts by default as that would solve the situation?

I have in the past messaged these inactive hosts asking what the hell they are playing at; I have never gotten a response.

On top of all this I’m the only one here (as far as I can see) that has a major grievance with all of this, am I alone?

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

You're not alone. I feel like hi too.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (StormerBoy @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 20:33)
Am I actually the only person who feels like hitting their head against a wall over this?

I join a game (e.g. Mafia Work) there are already several people in there (e.g. 10 players) waiting for the game to start. They all have their checkboxes ‘checked’ wanting to start except for one person, and you know who … the f-ing host! I can see in an instant that he is afk so surely everyone else can see this too as they have been here longer than I? And on that basis they should all kick him!? Yet either no one, or only one or two of them will be doing so. Clearly the Noobs won’t understand, but most often 95% of the players are ranked 5+, so they should understand what is going on, no? We could consider that they too are afk, but been as they have all ‘checked’ the checkbox and further more most of them are furiously ‘checking/unchecking’ repeatedly, they are clearly frustrated with me.

I dont see the problem if host is ready 51% of players in lobby must be ready to start the game if host isnt there must be 75% to start, if everyone is ready than the game will start doesnt matter if host is or not. I wish 95% of player would be rank +5 on PC too, on PC 95% of players are rank 0 and 1, its really rare to meet someone 5+.

So WHY is it then that I’m the only one trying to kick the host? Some of the players are leaving and re-entering clearly wanting to find a game but keep being put back into the same one.

Well in my opinion you should let the host decide if he want to start or not, if you dont like it just leave and find another server or create your own one, I hate when I host a game and some random noobs join, start my server and leave after minute.

Anyway, out of shire principle I devote myself to getting the game started. I have to individually message every player (PS3) and tell them to kick the host. It takes messaging them all at least twice with the same message to stand a slim chance of actually getting the host kicked. If I fail which I most likely will, then in the end I give up and have to play another game such as Cops & Crooks.

Like I said its just better to leave and play something else

And all this is just because some stupid fool was afk. WHY? Is he that stupid/selfish/ignorant that he can’t foresee what will happen if he leaves himself in a game whilst he goes for lunch? And WHY don’t the game designers kick inactive hosts by default as that would solve the situation?

Not once I had to spend 1 hour in lobby to play 10 min match, Im usualy watching TV than so being AFK is the best thing to do when waiting for players, kicking inactive hosts is terrible idea, what would I have to do to be active ? Being kicked every 10 mins for example and than creating new lobby and waiting for players again would make the game impossible and waiting pointless becouse I would always get kicked at the end.

I have in the past messaged these inactive hosts asking what the hell they are playing at; I have never gotten a response.

There are lots of other things to do against sitting and staring on your screen when waiting for players

On top of all this I’m the only one here (as far as I can see) that has a major grievance with all of this, am I alone?

No you are not alone, I often see first time playing noobs joining my lobby and saying "gogogogogogog" if I would start the game with just us 2 I would end up as the only player remaining without a minute, when I try to explain them that we need to wait for more players they usualy leave without saying anything or they try to insult me.... suicidal.gif

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

I know exactly how you feel.

Last night I was trying to have a nice simple game of TDM and we get a full game and the host is the only person who seem's to not want to ready up! So when he come's back five minute's later and decide's to at last ready up; everybody but me and two other guy's are still in the lobby... sarcasm.gif

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

lol we've all been in this situation. and trying to kick them is pointless as half the players have no idea how to use the kick function.
I guess some hosts will only start the game when the lobby is full. Frustrating but its easy enough to find another lobby.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

I've been host before, and waited in an empty lobby for ages, no body joining, I go out of the room to get a drink, and low and behold I've been kicked in the space of 5 minutes.... but yeah some idiots don't know how to kick, others know it too well colgate.gif

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

I also hate it when people are too retarded to split up into even teams.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Legacy-666_ @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 05:20)
lol we've all been in this situation. and trying to kick them is pointless as half the players have no idea how to use the kick function.
I guess some hosts will only start the game when the lobby is full. Frustrating but its easy enough to find another lobby.

Not true. MW, CJC and their team modes are dead, and TMW sometimes has some of the worst pussies in it.

(Disallow games only)

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2012 - High Rollers

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

It pisses me off too man its f*cking annoying

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

THE DAMNED

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:30 PM Edited by EL_FUGA, 13 April 2012 - 04:48 PM.

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 16:33)
TMW has some of the worst pussies in it.

Ye of course, in a mode that requires to be quick and smart, you expect drivers to stop by you, get out of their cars and shoot you on foot? ever thought it's your fault for being terrible in a car?

Holy sh*t! Quit moaning Bruno Boy once and for all. You ain't anyone's savior. Stop pretending to be someone else. Nobody buys your sh!t.

--------

StormerBoy, I see where you're coming from. Sometimes the host is waiting for friends to join or he wants more people in the lobby.
I'd say 5-10 minutes is the longest time to stay in a lobby, otherwise the host is away. On the other hand it's annoying when you're the host and you get kicked for not starting a stupid 2vs2 game, they don't even wait 1minute for it.

When I'm the host and I'm waiting for some friends, I usually send a msg to the players saying "WaitMorePlayers" or "StartingIn3minutes" that way they know what's going on.

It's true sometimes the room is full and noone seem to be kicking the dead host, even if you try messaging the players, some of them don't understand english (dumb frenchies!) Try messaging "Kick Host Pls" or "Kick (Host name) Pls"...

Another advice to avoid joining the same room over and over, set your Friendly-Fire preferences on "Don't care" that way there is more chances you'll end up in a new room.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

Good words.

Sorry Dark King, you need to change your attitude when it comes to different modes, TMW is not TDM. I think you're a good player and we both hate pussies, but quit being a moaning retard, try to understand every mode is different, and driveby's dont make somebody a pussy in TMW as the objective of the game is determined by getting to locations quickest and first.

doublehelix
  • doublehelix

Unbalanced

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

I dont see the problem if host is ready 51% of players in lobby must be ready to start the game if host isnt there must be 75% to start, if everyone is ready than the game will start doesnt matter if host is or not. I wish 95% of player would be rank +5 on PC too, on PC 95% of players are rank 0 and 1, its really rare to meet someone 5+.

on PC the host doesn't need to check up? because that sounds better!

hopefully this will be revamped for GTA V, maybe do away with 'host' in that sense and just have players vote for the settings and if 75% are ready the game starts!

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (SpookySimon @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 19:12)

on PC the host doesn't need to check up? because that sounds better!

hopefully this will be revamped for GTA V, maybe do away with 'host' in that sense and just have players vote for the settings and if 75% are ready the game starts!

If host isnt ready but 75% of players are ready than the game starts, for example if there are 3 players + host the game will start when this 3 players hit enter even if host dont

Noinin
  • Noinin

Is that a RPG on your shoulder, or are you just happy to see me?

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

ok.. so I haven't been to GTA Forums in probably... 18 months..(?) blush.gif
Hello & cookies to any of the old crew lurking around inlove.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Anyway.. it amused me that.. after 4 years of playing GTA... the same stuff is still coming up on the forums.

To OP :: it sucks dude.. you're not the only one that thinks that. Sometimes it's easier to just find another room. I've got countless stories of waiting in (what looks like) a great room.. all the settings the way you like them.. ppl hanging out willing to wait for a good TDM etc... only to have the host come back 15 minutes later, change it to RPG's at the airport or some ret@rded arse sh*t, check up & the game starts, before you can say "ronnie loves rimming".

It's... GTA.. the wonder, the awe, the endless hours of entertainment... they all come with the sh!te things: like the host not being present, being in a kick-a$$ room and getting disco'd, and a multitude more.. If you love GTA, you have to take the good with the bad.

It's Liberty City, baby - put your big girl panties on tounge.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (EL_FUGA @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 16:30)
QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 16:33)
TMW has some of the worst pussies in it.

Ye of course, in a mode that requires to be quick and smart, you expect drivers to stop by you, get out of their cars and shoot you on foot? ever thought it's your fault for being terrible in a car?

That is not the thing I'm complaining about. They're hiding in their pussy ass infernus so they can't get shot at all.

tj11
  • tj11

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 07:55)
If host isnt ready but 75% of players are ready than the game starts, for example if there are 3 players + host the game will start when this 3 players hit enter even if host dont

That's twice you've said that, and you are wrong. It makes no difference how many people tick their boxes (PS3), if the host doesn't, the game will not start.
But yeah, it is annoying and always has been. I've seen it happen a lot more lately as many people got the game for christmas. Therefore, there are more noobs around.
If you are having troubles because of leaving and returning to the same lobby, try going to a different game, and then back to the mode you like. This method works for me nearly every time. smile.gif

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (StormerBoy @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 20:33)

this is gospel and happens to me 80% of the time.

it happened to me last night.

I thought I was the only one to message all ps3 players lol.

also I message those players who keep quitting and rejoining my games and ask them if they have a request.

seems players automatically quit in most situations.

I assume nobody ever tried the multiplayer tutorial.

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 10:36)

That is not the thing I'm complaining about. They're hiding in their pussy ass infernus so they can't get shot at all.

last time I checked you can shoot a vehicle until it sets on fire and explodes, infernus included.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:09 PM Edited by GTASAIDEAMASTER, 04 May 2012 - 05:12 PM.

That is never going to be over.There will always be newbies who create games and go away.The MP should be locked until the player did about 5% or 10% of the story,not to say 50%.It's a pain in the ass to have to take that.I just create my own game in that case and invite every player there.

In some cars,specially infernus,it's hard to shoot the head of the driver,it's easier to go for the tires.

Yeah,in PC most of the people is rank 0 or 1.I happen to be 1.Why,because I'm a newbie?Nope,because Ranked Matches are dead.It's impossible to find one now.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (GTASAIDEAMASTER @ Friday, May 4 2012, 17:09)
The MP should be locked until the player did about 5% or 10% of the story,not to say 50%.It's a pain in the ass to have to take that.

Yes multiplayer should be unlockable feature during the story, that would also reduce number of undercovers.... also Player Matches should be unlockable - for getting 10 rank.

Ranked Matches are dead.It's impossible to find one now.

Thats not true, I play ranked almost every evening and trust me its not so dead, you just need to not give up and keep hosting or joining games like me (im just hosting) after some time people will get used to it and you wont have problems with finding players, you can usualy find me in TDM if you want

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Ethereal_NYC @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 15:51)

last time I checked you can shoot a vehicle until it sets on fire and explodes, infernus included.

Pretty sure the Infernus will kill you first. I'm not gonna waste time in any match running for a better weapon just to kill a pussy, he's not worth it. I leave and add them to my Block list for noobs to avoid. Got 27 in the list.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

am I on the list?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Lol no.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 16:44)
QUOTE (Ethereal_NYC @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 15:51)

Pretty sure the Infernus will kill you first. I'm not gonna waste time in any match running for a better weapon just to kill a pussy, he's not worth it. I leave and add them to my Block list for noobs to avoid. Got 27 in the list.

I'm not trying to start anything but don't you think it's a bit far fetched to block everyone just because of that?

In first place not many players do it in my experience, I dont think a "noob" will just think of getting an infernus to piss you off, it has to be someone experienced and it's really simple to deal with them unless of course the user it's really experienced or you have more enemies firing at you. What I do is either take cover in a corner or against something indestructible like those wooden poles, and then shoot the back tires, the car should now have problems taking off and you use that opportunity to go up to the drivers window and teach them a lesson smile.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

The only thing It lets me shoot is It's ugly Pagani Zonda back bumper because the driver never exposes his front or side.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

Sometimes DarkKingBernie it's better to out-smart players, especially those that use Infernuses a lot, swap your beloved pistol for a grenade, and learn how to time them to perfection whilst moving around and dodging bullets, of course I don't think you'll listen to my advice, as the saying goes - Only a fool knows everything. A wise man knows how little he knows.

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Spelt it wrang....N wit!!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 13:11)
The only thing It lets me shoot is It's ugly Pagani Zonda back bumper because the driver never exposes his front or side.

Nut up or shut up!!!.Keep you moaning for the bedroom!!!!

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

No matter if you're on the side or not,the tires are always there.Just take cover and shoot it,or get your smartass pistol off and use a shotgun on the back.Perhaps a grenade.f*ck it,a pro for me ain't someone who only uses pistols,it's someone who can handle any gun they are given,melee included.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

As I said, I'm not gonna waste time running for a weapon pickup just to kill 1 single pussy in the match. I'm good with every single weapon (except sniper I never use) but then everyone is too easy to kill. That's why I prefer using only Pistol N Knife, for the challenge against those with SMGs and Assault Rifles.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 16:26)
As I said, I'm not gonna waste time running for a weapon pickup just to kill 1 single pussy in the match. I'm good with every single weapon (except sniper I never use) but then everyone is too easy to kill. That's why I prefer using only Pistol N Knife, for the challenge against those with SMGs and Assault Rifles.

lol.gif got to inlove.gif your stupid arrogance, Bernie. Here have a cookie cookie.gif for making me laugh so hard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users