Photo

Need help, I can't edit files in the data folder

2 replies to this topic
SolanaBogon
  • SolanaBogon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

So there is my problem: I have installed Magic and all necessary things. I have edited the handling.dat/vehicles.ide for the Blista Compact. But in game, the car seems to have the original handling. After that, I have edited cargrp.dat for change the traffic, so it would be have ONLY Infernus on the roads (I have deleted ALL other cars in that file). But when I play, I see only cars that are originally on the roads (Rebla, Schafter, Taxi, etc....). I don't know what to do, does my game load th backups of these files made by Magic or something like that?

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:49 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 12 April 2012 - 08:00 PM.

Make sure you have full administrator rights on your system. Using an administrator account may be not enough especially with Vista. If there is any misconfig the game will refuse mod attempts like you described.
To prepare your game for modding you just need to change your filelist.pak (formerly: Magic Patcher by aru) besides the above mentioned admin issue.

Filelist.pak (Magic Patcher): http://www.mediafire...w4lj54pqxiocia6

SolanaBogon
  • SolanaBogon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Well, I already used the filepak of Magic. I have deleted my cargrp for be sure if it's used by the game, and that make my game crash after the loading. I have put the new cargrp, and since my game works and I can see Infernuses on the road... Also, I have started the game from "gtaiv.exe" instead of "launchgta.exe". But thanks for the help enough:) But i don't close the subject in case if my game will made this bug again...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users