Photo

How do I get my stuff back?

40 replies to this topic
Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 11:56)
Anybody notice the OP hasn't been back since that first day?

Must've been arrested for burglary.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:57 AM Edited by Stinky12, 16 April 2012 - 02:05 AM.

All of these things can be replaced, you can't replace mom no matter if you can get all your stuffs back.
Just let it go and start fresh.
OP can also pretend a tornado came and took everything, like the tornado that took this guy's hamburger.
Wait OP ain't here, oh well...

Jeeebuuus
  • Jeeebuuus

AKA So-crates

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

Apparently he hasn't posted since the V trailer came out until a few days ago. His visit was nice.

BathSaltsDontWorkInTheShower.
  • BathSaltsDontWorkInTheShower.

Formerly LeeG1931... But I lost my password.

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Jesus, I forgot how inconsiderate people in online forums can be at times but ah well, I guess.
Moving on, sorry for bumping but I kind feel like I owe an explanation for my one night stand kind of appearance, which I apologise for by the way. Though obviously, the reason I hadn't made another comment was because I had a few things that needed settling (duh!) and just didn't have the time, although I did read about the first 6 or 7 comments beforehand. Once again, I'm thinking that the specifics of the situation should probably stay off the internet (I mean, I wouldn't want my mother or anybody else putting things so personal online) but I think, its safe to say it all worked out in a gay-ass fairytale kind of way.
Thanks for the helpful suggestions there guys and sorry I didn't get round to reading most of them in time and of course, once again, for bumping- I know you guys hate that.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

There is nothing wrong with 'bumping' a topic IF you make a Substantial and Relevant addition to the subject.

You didn't say which method you did use.
1. Cops to stand-by.
2. Legal Action (sue).
3. Burglary.
4. Friendly exchange.
5. Other.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

DILF in waiting

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

He didn't explicitly state it, but I'm pretty sure a "fairy tale gay ass ending" means he made up with his mum and sorted out their problems, and he didn't have to resort to burglarising his mum's house or get her locked up in a filthy prison with butch lesbo's.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:30 PM Edited by rodneythesavior, 22 April 2012 - 11:33 PM.

If she kicked you out for, let's say, not paying rent. Then she has every right to keep your stuff. If you're a minor, (I'm assuming you are, since you're living with your parents, but I know people who live at home just because it's cheaper. So please take no offense in my assumption.) you legally own nothing, unless you have a job and earned the money for the items that way. (Allowances, or getting paid for doing chores/odd jobs doesn't count. At least in the US)

However, if you have earned the money for said items, you still have to have the receipts of the purchases if you decide to bring in the proper authorities. Logically, I doubt you kept all the receipts for everything, but I would assume you kept your guitars receipts. At the very least, if you decide to go to the police, you can get those back.

I had a similar situation in the past. I was 19 and came upon some hard times. I moved back in with my mother, things went sour and she kicked me out. She wouldn't let me get my clothes/guitars/computers/game consoles/anything back. I dealt with it for a while, because I knew there was nothing I could do. (I had to call off a few gigs because of it too, which really pissed everyone else in my band off.) Eventually we made up, and I got my stuff back.

I would suggest, you let her cool down, and try to make do with what you have. Give her a week to a month, then go apologize. (Even if you don't believe it was your fault. It goes a long way smile.gif )
Good luck, and I hope things turn around for you soon.

Edit:
blush.gif I should really learn to read the whole thread before I post. I'm glad things worked out for you.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE ( rodneythesavior)
If she kicked you out for, let's say, not paying rent. Then she has every right to keep your stuff
Obviously you don't watch "Judge Judy" or any of the other arbitrating 'court' shows. this is one of the things they do get right.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 16:16)
QUOTE ( rodneythesavior)
If she kicked you out for, let's say, not paying rent. Then she has every right to keep your stuff
Obviously you don't watch "Judge Judy" or any of the other arbitrating 'court' shows. this is one of the things they do get right.

No, I don't have cable/digital/satellite tounge.gif
I was just saying what the police told me when I called them about my situation.
They said something along the lines of: "We called your mother, and we found she kicked you out for missing rent. According to Nevada Law, she's allowed to hold your possessions indefinitely, until you pay the debt owed."

Maybe my hometown is just f*cked sideways.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

You might want to check out:
NRS 118A.520 When lien or security interest in tenantís household goods may be enforced; distraint for rent abolished; damages.
Your 'landlord' may have needed a court order to keep your stuff.
Always seek a Lawyer's advice.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 19:14)
You might want to check out:
NRS 118A.520 When lien or security interest in tenantís household goods may be enforced; distraint for rent abolished; damages.
Your 'landlord' may have needed a court order to keep your stuff.
Always seek a Lawyer's advice.

I was 19 at the time and had about 400 dollars to my name. It doesn't matter now, I got my stuff back when I apologized.
I wasn't trying to start an argument or anything. I was just saying what I was told.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users