Photo

How do I mod 1.0.4?

1 reply to this topic
entahsh1kari
  • entahsh1kari

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Alright so I've re installed GTA 4 and haven't touched a thing, and I've backed up the entire game to another folder. My problem was that before I couldn't get mods to work, I had it on 1.0.2 and had it working somehow but then I decided to go to 1.0.4 and from there everything went downhill until the game would crash and be unplayable.

So can someone help me get this game moddable on 1.0.4? ( almost every tutorial I see is just showing how to use SparkIV which I already know how to use, but isn't there something you got to do to make the game work with mods?) I really don't want to mess it up again. And reason I want to go to that patch is people say its the best performance.

If it matters at all my system specs are - Windows 7 64 Bit, i7 2600k 3.4, HD 6770 1GB, 8GB RAM, 1TB 7200rpm SATA HDD. My system runs this game perfect at near max settings so its not that.
And I also have the disc version of GTA 4, and its just the normal GTA no Gay Tony or whatever that other one is.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

To prepare IV for modding you just need to put a different filelist.pak to pc/data folder after you patched the game. This one: http://www.mediafire...w4lj54pqxiocia6
Besides this, ensure that you have full administrator rights on your system. Using an administrator account may be not enough. In this case the game will refuse any mod attempt. Making a full folder backup is a good idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users