Photo

What are the odds

147 replies to this topic
v-man
  • v-man

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

I don't know why (well maybe I do) but I think Los Santos won't be the only major city. I don't say San Fierro or Las Venturas will be in the game either, but just as Sam H said a few years ago, having put planes in GTA IV would have been unrealistic since there was actually only one city and the map was small to use planes.

But now we know that the map is going to be huge, with the game being one of the biggest (most ambitious ever created by R*) and also we saw different planes in the trailer which means there MUST be another major city in the game otherwise just as Houser said, he wouldn't have put those in the game ( in V).

Besides this October, GTA Vice City will celebrate its 10th anniversary. Do you think that this game will be released this october featuring Vice City as a possible separated island from the original map, to fly there?

Anyway, as there must be another big city in it, which one do you think it is ? San Fierro and Venturas are excluded since they don't belong to Southern California...or am I wrong?

whittle13
  • whittle13

I'm not a mod

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (v-man @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 13:16)
there MUST be another major city in the game otherwise just as Houser said, he wouldn't have put those in the game ( in V).

can you post a link to where Dan Houser said this

v-man
  • v-man

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (whittle13 @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 13:19)
QUOTE (v-man @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 13:16)
there MUST be another major city in the game otherwise just as Houser said, he wouldn't have put those in the game ( in V).

can you post a link to where Dan Houser said this

Kobe Asks: I heard that you canít fly in Liberty City anymore. What is up with that?! Flying is one of my favorite parts of this series!

This is incorrect. There are no airplanes in the game, but flying is still there. One means of this is the helicopter. As Dan pointed out, this is just one city and a plane really doesnít fit into that very well for gameplay. Flying is still very much a large part of the game.

http://webcache.goog...o&ct=clnk&gl=ro

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

I think Dan is speaking that will be a massive countryside, a desert and small little cities, districts or towns but Los Santos will be the only major city, I think that will be the reason of the inclusion of planes, kinda like the map of JC 2, you know, Panau

v-man
  • v-man

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (matajuegos @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 13:27)
I think Dan is speaking that will be a massive countryside, a desert and small little cities, districts or towns but Los Santos will be the only major city, I think that will be the reason of the inclusion of planes, kinda like the map of JC 2, you know, Panau

Could be but take into account that San Diego isn't too far away either so an inclusion of that city is plausible

MiamiVice1984
  • MiamiVice1984

Hey There Officer, Nice Badge, Nice Badge.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

I believe R* confirmed that its gonna be Los Santos with huge country side.

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (v-man @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 13:30)
QUOTE (matajuegos @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 13:27)
I think Dan is speaking that will be a massive countryside, a desert and small little cities, districts or towns but Los Santos will be the only major city, I think that  will be the reason of the inclusion of planes, kinda like the map of JC 2, you know, Panau

Could be but take into account that San Diego isn't too far away either so an inclusion of that city is plausible

That's my point, they WILL include San Diego, it's an iconic place of LA, it will be a small city I suppose, but as I say, LS will be the main focus in the game

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

The odds are 0 since in the OFFICIAL announce they said the game was taking place in Los Santos and surrounding hills.

v-man
  • v-man

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Toup @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 13:33)
The odds are 0 since in the OFFICIAL announce they said the game was taking place in Los Santos and surrounding hills.

Maybe...but can you guarantee me that they didn't hide anything to surprise us ? You see....this strategy always works soo well with R*

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (v-man @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 13:36)
QUOTE (Toup @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 13:33)

Maybe...but can you guarantee me that they didn't hide anything to surprise us ? You see....this strategy always works soo well with R*

I gotta give you credit for this actually, I'm not saying they will include san fierro or las venturas, but I'm also not saying that they won't. I'm 50/50 supposing that R* doesn't always say all the stuff included ph34r.gif

mubd
  • mubd

Comfort Wipe Pedaler

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

There is a fair chance. It's definitely possible it could happen, but they have said it will take place in Los Santos and the surrounding hills.

They haven't said that there isn't more to the map, though.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

I think R* confirmed no other 'major' cities. Probably just smaller, little towns spread out. But who knows? Maybe they said that so when/if they show some other major city, people will run around in circles freaking out and push the hype beyond the Van Allen Belt?

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

It would be great if San Fierro made a return in V, but who knows

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Rockstar's "re-imagined Southern California" consists of "Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside, and beaches". San Diego does not fall within that range, and I highly doubt they would shrink it down for the game. Surely they will include smaller towns and communities that surround Los Angeles in real life, and the map definitely appears to justify the inclusion of planes because there will be a lot of ground to cover. There does not need to be a second major city to have planes, and Rockstar has made it very clear there will not be a second major city.

Moist Peanut
  • Moist Peanut

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Isuck100% @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 14:08)
Rockstar's "re-imagined Southern California" consists of "Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside, and beaches". San Diego does not fall within that range, and I highly doubt they would shrink it down for the game. Surely they will include smaller towns and communities that surround Los Angeles in real life, and the map definitely appears to justify the inclusion of planes because there will be a lot of ground to cover. There does not need to be a second major city to have planes, and Rockstar has made it very clear there will not be a second major city.

I agree, there will be the huge countryside and several smaller towns to explore. You don't need a couple of massive cities to have them in the game.

LegendOfTheWest
  • LegendOfTheWest

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:20 PM Edited by Legendary912, 12 April 2012 - 02:38 PM.

We are awaiting confirmation from Rockstar if Las Venturas & San Fierro are in the game and anyone who says 'Rockstar confirmed they aren't in.' Are being misleading.
They haven't mentioned ANYTHING about them yet.
It's highly likely they will be in the game.
Some people are weird though, saying 'Oh I hope the other two cites aren't in the game.'
But it's mainly it's some people on this forum because they're total hypocrites.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Legendary912 @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 14:20)
We are awaiting confirmation from Rockstar anyone who says 'Rockstar confirmed they aren't in.' Are being misleading.
They haven't mentioned ANYTHING yet.

I half agree with you here. I do agree in the sense that I'm curious to know where people are getting the idea that Rockstar has absolutely ruled out XY or Z when as far as I am aware, when Dan was asked, all he do was quote the press release.

Rockstar have barely talked about the game - unless I'm mistaken - I'm not aware they've explicitly denied anything either.

That said, I don't think there'll be other cities. However, its possible/probable that LS will have two airports, LAX and Burbank for instance. And that, hopefully the rural areas will be far enough to warrant their own small air strips.

roykev3
  • roykev3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

they also said it will be there BIGGEST and most ambitious game they ever made... if it's bigger then SA then there most be more cities... or just some small towns

Shreddy Krueger
  • Shreddy Krueger

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

I have no doubt there will be more cityscape than just Los Santos, but I highly doubt there will be another full-fledged metropolis that will be anywhere near the size of LS. Im thinking there will be a ton of emphasis on the countryside, since it was totally absent in IV.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

I think it would be a shame to have a compromised version of any city in GTA V. San Francisco deserves it's own game, as does Las Vegas. Los Angeles is vast and a melting pot of culture. I have no problem with GTA V being set in just that city and the surrounding countryside.

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

So where do the planes come and go?

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

All they said was re imaged Southern California and its Going to be huge. Seeing two fast planes in the trailer kind makes you wonder how many cities are in the game.

v-man
  • v-man

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (skillz7855 @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 15:02)
All they said was re imaged Southern California and its Going to be huge. Seeing two fast planes in the trailer kind makes you wonder how many cities are in the game.

icon14.gif That's exactly how I thought when I made this thread

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Hustler

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

I don't know what to believe, R* could be joking. Maybe they want to surprise us, but i doubt that 3 cities detailed as IV's Liberty City and huge Countryside is possible in the current gen. Well, with R* you never know.

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (DaWiesel @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 15:10)
I don't know what to believe, R* could be joking. Maybe they want to surprise us, but i doubt that 3 cities detailed as IV's Liberty City and huge Countryside is possible in the current gen. Well, with R* you never know.

Exactly nobody knows of R* is capable these days. And i bet they just announce the release date of GTA V out of the blue, sometime this month

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:37 PM Edited by chuckberry04, 12 April 2012 - 06:38 PM.

We are awaiting confirmation from Rockstar if Las Venturas & San Fierro are in the game and anyone who says 'Rockstar confirmed they aren't in.' Are being misleading.
Some people are weird though, saying 'Oh I hope the other two cites aren't in the game.'
But it's mainly it's some people on this forum because they're total hypocrites.

And why would they mention anything about them? There's nothing to mention, cause they're not in the game.

It is said so in their quote, which was basically a reaction to the overwhelming amount of people asking if it was the whole of San Andreas or not.
'Quashing the rumours of a return to San Andreas, they have confirmed that we're heading back to Los Santos only, but with the inclusion of "surrounding hills, countryside and beaches".'

In their official quote they say GTA V is heading back to the city of Los Santos and surrounding countryside. Which for me is proof enough already.. On top of that theyre being specific enough to mention the "surrounding countryside". It wouldn't make any sence to announce Las Venturas or San Fierro now too. Like ooh and in the surrounding countryside there is Las Vanturas and San Fierro..

Also, in the same quote they say "Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California." Guess what? ..Las Venturas and San Fierro are not a part of Southern California. GTA V focuses on .. a re-imagined present day Southern California. NOT Las Venturas or any other city, but LOS SANTOS. It's just as stupid as the thread where people are asking if GTA V can take place in the past (too).. It says present in their quote. [Sarcasm]Ooh but riiiite, I guess they didn't confirm that either huh?[/Sarcasm].

But I don't think youre all that smart.. Calling people weird cause they don't want the other two cities in the game.. I can come up with a 100 reasons why some people would rather not have them in the game. Maybe they didn't like the other cities.. Maybe they want as much details as possible to Los Santos, the city that, in my opinion, suits best to be the one without any others, ...

Theres absolutely nothing that Rockstar needs to confirm about the other 2 cities. Unless of course to people absent of logic..

LegendOfTheWest
  • LegendOfTheWest

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (chuckberry04 @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 15:37)

And why would they mention anything about them? There's nothing to mention, cause they're not in the game.

It is said so in their quote, which was basically a reaction to the overwhelming amount of people asking if it was the whole of San Andreas or not.
'Quashing the rumours of a return to San Andreas, they have confirmed that we're heading back to Los Santos only, but with the inclusion of "surrounding hills, countryside and beaches".'

In their official quote they say GTA V is heading back to the city of Los Santos and surrounding countryside. Which for me is proof enough already.. On top of that theyre being specific enough to mention the "surrounding countryside". It wouldn't make any sence to announce Las Venturas or San Fierro now too. Like ooh and in the surrounding countryside there is Las Vanturas and San Fierro..

Also, in the same quote they say "Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California." Guess what? ..Las Venturas and San Fierro are not a part of Southern California. GTA V focuses on .. a re-imagined present day Southern California. NOT Las Venturas or any other city, but LOS SANTOS. It's just as stupid as the thread where people are asking if GTA V can take place in the past (too).. It says present in their quote. [Sarcasm]Ooh but riiiite, I guess they didn't confirm that either huh?[/Sarcasm].

But I don't think youre all that smart.. Calling people weird cause they don't want the other two cities in the game.. I can come up with a 100 reasons why some people would rather not have them in the game. Maybe they didn't like the other cities.. Maybe they want as much details as possible to Los Santos, the city that, in my opinion, suits best to be the one without any others, ...

Theres absolutely nothing that Rockstar needs to confirm about the other 2 cities. Unless of course to people absent of logic..

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

As much as I would LOVE to see Vice City in HD, I don't think it will be coming in the form of an additional city for GTA V. Houser said the large episodic DLC will not be returning, so I feel Vice City HD if ever, will be released as a standalone game

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

i would prefer los of small town rather than 2 or 3 big cities, i loved the atmosphere of the small towns in san andreas, there was an eerily in the middle of nowhere feeling that i loved, and i hope that feeling returns

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (John The Grudge @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 14:50)
I think it would be a shame to have a compromised version of any city in GTA V. San Francisco deserves it's own game, as does Las Vegas. Los Angeles is vast and a melting pot of culture. I have no problem with GTA V being set in just that city and the surrounding countryside.

I disagree. Now don't get me wrong I love Las vegas and i dont mind san francisco it's not my favorite place in the world but i have nothing against it. However they are not worthy of their own game to put it bluntly. As someone else pointed out vegas only has the strip to offer. The rest of it is just a regular City

However Vegas could work if they gave it a Ballad of gay tony feel. It would be great actually now i think about it. You'd need a young guy just like luis a young attractive guy trying to make his way in the world while ''dreaming the vegas dream'' smile.gif However he would live in a normal house ect. It would show Vegas isn't all bright lights and magic theirs real people living real lives...... I like the idea because they would use the fact Vegas is just a regular city too as a base for the storyline.

San Francisco. Now once again i'd happily holiday their all that stuff. Have no negative feeling towards feirro in any way shape or form. I just kinda find the town dull sorry but i do. I also feel fierro is better for the driver series. Once again grew up playing driver no disrespect intended. They just go together IMO.

gta however..... doesn't. Every city has crime.drug dealers ect but i Dont want a gta based only in feirro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users