Photo

Which time-period?

83 replies to this topic
UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

What you guys think about the 60's in GTA V?

Tipper
  • Tipper

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (UberChargedCJ @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 18:02)

Well, V is set in present day, so for V, the only way would be through a DLC, but that would be a lot of work, changing cars, clothes, some buildings, the soundtrack, adding phone booth everywhere, even erase some parts of the city (since it has developped since then).

But for a future GTA, I'd love the 60s (late 60s would be better than early, because of the soundtrack), especially in SF or London.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Tipper @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 17:09)

Well, V is set in present day, so for V, the only way would be through a DLC, but that would be a lot of work, changing cars, clothes, some buildings, the soundtrack, adding phone booth everywhere, even erase some parts of the city (since it has developped since then).

But for a future GTA, I'd love the 60s (late 60s would be better than early, because of the soundtrack), especially in SF or London.

A 1960s GTA would be boring in my view, even more so if it was set in San Francisco.

make total annoy
  • make total annoy

tilgi dem ikke; de vet hvad de gjør!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

90's or even praps the 70's

superhobo666
  • superhobo666

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

I want a modern day GTA V, or a GTA V that ran along the same time as IV.

I mean, 80's has been done twice, there's only so much you can do with the 80's, it just wasn't as diverse as today is.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (superhobo666 @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 22:00)

I mean, 80's has been done twice, there's only so much you can do with the 80's, it just wasn't as diverse as today is.

Dude it's been announced?

superhobo666
  • superhobo666

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (ryan_J @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 22:06)
QUOTE (superhobo666 @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 22:00)

Dude it's been announced?

what?

CDT_boss
  • CDT_boss

Just Chillin' N Cruisin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

I think Pittsburg seems like a cool city for a GTA game, how would that city set in the 70's, 80's, 90's or present sound? (I have never been there, just sounds like a cool city from people I have chatted to)

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Sorry, but I absolutely HATE all the hippie culture that was going around in San Francisco back in the 60s. If GTA had to go back in the past, I would HATE 60s-era San Francisco. Just not my vibe.

If GTA had to go back to the past, I would go back to the late 1990s or the 80s. A Liberty City in the 70s or 80s might be cool, especially with the music and cars.

ubergoon1912
  • ubergoon1912

Lost Kings Street Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Tipper @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 12:09)

hallelujah!! yo prayers have been answered!!

http://en.m.wikipedi...:_Mission_packs

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

1960s/1970s in Chicago, Detroit or Boston.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

2012 should definitely be the year, so much stuff to parody, the London Olympics, the presidential election, all the amazing films coming out this year, the diamond jubilee and of course 2012 aka the "end of the world" would be a good way to implement a riot into the game with people over exaggerating over it.

Also it would mean a 2012 release since it will be present day Los Santos biggrin.gif .

FilipinoGoblin
  • FilipinoGoblin

Orlando, FL

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

I want GTA to stay in a modern present day era, so we can actually relate.

Tipper
  • Tipper

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

hallelujah!! yo prayers have been answered!!

http://en.m.wikipedi...:_Mission_packs

I meant in 3D, and with real songs in the soundtrack.

Sorry, but I absolutely HATE all the hippie culture that was going around in San Francisco back in the 60s. If GTA had to go back in the past, I would HATE 60s-era San Francisco. Just not my vibe.

Reminds me of what I used to say when they announced The Lost And Damned. i was like "What ? Bikers, seriously ? What are they thinking, how is that interesting for a GTA ?". It ended up being my favorite vibe for a GTA alongside VC's. Same for all those people who thought they'd hate the LA ghetto vibe when SA was announced.

My point is, R* can make anything great, I'm sure you could like a 60s SF setting for a GTA.

Lucky Sevens
  • Lucky Sevens

Holder of the Enormous Sword

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

400BC

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Tipper @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 09:43)
Reminds me of what I used to say when they announced The Lost And Damned. i was like "What ? Bikers, seriously ? What are they thinking, how is that interesting for a GTA ?". It ended up being my favorite vibe for a GTA alongside VC's. Same for all those people who thought they'd hate the LA ghetto vibe when SA was announced.

My point is, R* can make anything great, I'm sure you could like a 60s SF setting for a GTA.

@ Tipper

I'll admit, I did not like the theme of biker gangs and being a biker protagonist in The Lost And Damned. I have nothing against playing as a biker gang guy, I just did not think it made sense to have a biker gang theme in a New York City-based setting. Biker gangs like the Lost hardly exist in real-life New York. I did end up enjoy playing TLAD, because it tied in well with the main GTA IV game, but the storyline was not that great, it was quite predictable and straightforwardly simple. Nevertheless, I still liked it.

But I still think Rockstar should have used another crime group theme other than biker gangs in the IV Episodic content. They could have had a street gang protagonist for a 'hood'-themed IV Episode, or I would even have settled for a Mafia protagonist for a Mafia-themed episode in IV. Ballad Of Gay Tony, was fine, because its nightclubs and drug business content make sense for a New York setting.

Those who thought they would hate the ghetto vibe in San Andreas are more than likely those who just did not want to play as a black protagonist, and also the same people who say they hate hip hop/rap music. Thankfully, the sheer brilliance of San Andreas overcame all that and that is why its the best selling GTA of its era.

I still would not like a 1960s SF-based GTA even if it was claimed to be great. I know its in an era I do not want, so psychologically, it would affect me significantly and I just won't be very receptive to it.

CDT_boss
  • CDT_boss

Just Chillin' N Cruisin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 23:19)
QUOTE (Tipper @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 09:43)

@ Tipper

I'll admit, I did not like the theme of biker gangs and being a biker protagonist in The Lost And Damned. I have nothing against playing as a biker gang guy, I just did not think it made sense to have a biker gang theme in a New York City-based setting. Biker gangs like the Lost hardly exist in real-life New York. I did end up enjoy playing TLAD, because it tied in well with the main GTA IV game, but the storyline was not that great, it was quite predictable and straightforwardly simple. Nevertheless, I still liked it.

But I still think Rockstar should have used another crime group theme other than biker gangs in the IV Episodic content. They could have had a street gang protagonist for a 'hood'-themed IV Episode, or I would even have settled for a Mafia protagonist for a Mafia-themed episode in IV. Ballad Of Gay Tony, was fine, because its nightclubs and drug business content make sense for a New York setting.

Those who thought they would hate the ghetto vibe in San Andreas are more than likely those who just did not want to play as a black protagonist, and also the same people who say they hate hip hop/rap music. Thankfully, the sheer brilliance of San Andreas overcame all that and that is why its the best selling GTA of its era.

I still would not like a 1960s SF-based GTA even if it was claimed to be great. I know its in an era I do not want, so psychologically, it would affect me significantly and I just won't be very receptive to it.

Actually there is a strong presence of biker gangs in New York, even on Manhatten I don't know where you got info that it isn't. Trouble with biker gangs has increased significantly in the last years, especially from hells angels. The Lost MC is probably based on the real life Soul Takers MC based in Newark...

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (CDT_boss @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 23:45)
Actually there is a strong presence of biker gangs in New York, even on Manhatten I don't know where you got info that it isn't. Trouble with biker gangs has increased significantly in the last years, especially from hells angels. The Lost MC is probably based on the real life Soul Takers MC based in Newark...

I very much doubt that.

I am not saying there are no biker gangs in New York City, I'm just saying they do not have major presence in the gang scene there. And I very much doubt your claims. I don't live in New York City, but I have family there and I them about these things and they has never mentioned anything about biker gangs. On top of that, i've researched this myself and come to this conclusion. Show me some hard evidence and I will re-evaluate my conclusion.

You mentioned biker gangs in Newark ? Well I can believe that, but there is a problem - Newark is in New Jersey, not New York City. Close by, but two different areas.

Tipper
  • Tipper

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

Well, there may not be a strong presence of biker gangs in NY, but they do exist there. And when you look at the place of the biker gangs in "crime food chain" in IV, you notice The Lost are widely considered a weak gang (just look at how they fear the triads while Niko and Luis see them as weak), and at the end of TLAD the club is disbanded after Ray's men trahsed the clubhouse. So basically it's kind of realistic, neither the Lost nor the AoD play a major role in Liberty.

TheBlackProject
  • TheBlackProject

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

I want to see a GTA in the late 90's, 1997-1999. We already had LCS but that was a horrible game and didn't even represent the late 90's all that well.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

the year 3000.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Tipper @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 00:27)
Well, there may not be a strong presence of biker gangs in NY, but they do exist there. And when you look at the place of the biker gangs in "crime food chain" in IV, you notice The Lost are widely considered a weak gang (just look at how they fear the triads while Niko and Luis see them as weak), and at the end of TLAD the club is disbanded after Ray's men trahsed the clubhouse. So basically it's kind of realistic, neither the Lost nor the AoD play a major role in Liberty.

@ Tipper

You are making me repeat myself. I said I'm sure those predominantly white biker outlaw gangs like the Hell's Angels exist in New York City, but what I'm saying is that their presence is so small that they are not very significant in the NYC criminal underworld. Research any material about present-day New York City organized crime and you will see I'm not making this up.

And biker gangs in GTA IV were put in misplaced locations. I don't know why they put them in TBOGT in North Holland (which was based on Harlem!).

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

GTA4 really take place in 2007
GTA5 will take place 2011-2012 year

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

When they start making their GTAs, they should aim to make the time period 4 years in the future because that's likely when they'll be released.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users