Photo

Saints Row

36 replies to this topic
tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Never played the game, and I doubt I ever will, but after watching the trailer, I was wondering - how does it stack up against the GTA games?

highgrade89
  • highgrade89

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

Firstly the forums for GTA not SR and its nothing compared to GTA

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

They aren't bad at all, some people on these forums feel like they have to hate Saints Row because its sort of GTA's rival, but they're still fun games, just a little OTT for my taste. GTA is far better, but to say SR is a BAD videogame is borderline ridiculous. If you want a bad game play Naughty Bear or Quantum Theory.

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

I actually had fun playing it. Oh and if you have a friend you can play with, even better. You can't compare it to GTA, it's like a silly gta. Gta fanboys seem to hate it, don't know why. This is not the place for the topic btw.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

There not bad games. 3 is lacking bad behind its originals, as the original 2 games are better, but as said above people THINK they need to hate saints row cause its a "GTA CLONE". Not true. I use to be like that, till i played Saints Row 2, and it was epic.

Zip87
  • Zip87

Thug

• Members

Get SR2, don't even bother with 3.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Saints row 2 was the best. One is good and saints row the third is badass and awesome

deli2000
  • deli2000

It was the best of times, It was the blurst of times

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Quite fun. But nothing groundbreaking. Ignore the people comparing to GTA, they're different games.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

In all seriousness play saints row 2 first it's the best and i personally think it can compete with gta it's an incredible game the storyline is so much better than saints row thid row which basically has the same side missions anyway both great game though

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

saints row 3 is probably the most disappointing game I brought.

I don't know what it is, but something about the game pissed me off. The small map and the craziness was just too much IMO and made it feel like a joke. This game is a prime example for why EVERY game should have like an 1 hour free play-though. It makes me want to ACTUALLY pirate games.

Except from the first 2 or 3 missions, it felt very boring and I pretty much rushed through the game.

SR2 on the other hand was pretty good, enjoyed it.

Obviously this is just my opinion.

Forumrunner
  • Forumrunner

"WHY SO SERIOUS?"

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Saints Row 3 has great potential, but half of the game you're just doing the side-missions from Saints Row 2. This time as real missions. That killed all the fun for me.

Chickenwing
  • Chickenwing

You See it in the Movies.....

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

I compare it to....

GTA is a James Bond movie (Realistic to an extent and still fun with sometimes a good thought out story)

SR is a Mission Impossible/A-Team movie (Fun to watch but not as good as James Bond.... Over the top action!)

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Chickenwing @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 12:59)
I compare it to....

GTA is a James Bond movie (Realistic to an extent and still fun with sometimes a good thought out story)

SR is a Mission Impossible/A-Team movie (Fun to watch but not as good as James Bond.... Over the top action!)

I agree with you 100%

Also it seems to lack the quality of an James bond movie.

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

I haven't played a Saints Row game in my entire life but I will sometime (until the SRTT gets cheaper lol) I don't know, they say it's a good game, you know: only to be chilling when you have nothing better to do. The only thing I don't like is the f*cking fanbase of that game, those guys are bashing almost every sandbox game ever released (not only GTA) jesus christ! those guys are like kids!!!

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:07 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 12 April 2012 - 06:13 PM.

i hated saints row 1 and 2 because...

graphics / gameplay / animations / physics / city / atmosphere / voice acting / AI were TERRIBLE. Edit: Oh yeah, and the sound was terrible also, thanks YukiEiri, knew i forgot something.

and i never gave 3 a chance just cuz it looks so retarded and childish.

honestly, i tried my hardest to like SR. its not like i feel the need to hate it because im a GTA fan, i just hate it because its CRAP.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

I recently bought Saints Row 2 because I've heard so many people preaching how much better it was than GTA IV. To put it shortly: its not; by a long shot. Saints Row a complete blast to play and is a hell of a game in its own right, but it should not be compared to GTA, which does the vast majority of things that both games share a LOT better. I agree with Chickenwing's analogy, I think it fits it perfectly. If you have the money to spend, I would definitely recommend the series, though.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 13:07)
i hated saints row 1 and 2 because...
graphics / gameplay / animations / physics / city / atmosphere / voice acting / AI were TERRIBLE

Well, skipped SR1.

But 2 had horrible graphicks (even SanAndreas looks better), gameplay, anims, physics, sounds.. xP
SR3 looks better, but still has horrible physics and sounds and is just .. too silly.

So I've played two of them, do not like either.

And the fact that at least 50% of SR3 missions are actually side missions is BAD!

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

think of it this way, GTA is for the intense story and powersliding around corners in a car with a semi automatic. Saints Row is a game for when you wanna dress up as a pirate with a giant purple dildo baseball bat or a punch that makes people explode. both really good game series, but Saints Row feels a little 3-era to me, i see it as what GTA woulda became if it stuck to the 3era ways.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Oh yeah, and every single saints row game feels low budget as f*ck.

KevinR1990
  • KevinR1990

Jersey Dude

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

To use a modified version of Chickenwing's analogy: Grand Theft Auto is like Boyz n the Hood, Heat or The Sopranos, stylish but grounded in reality, while Saints Row is like Bad Boys or Hot Fuzz -- violent, insane and loving every minute of it. It's the same basic conceit (an open-world crime game) taken in two very different directions. Even San Andreas, the most over-the-top GTA game, doesn't approach anything close to the craziness of any of the SR games past the comparatively grounded first one.

The third game was alright, but I preferred the second one. The customization and activities were better in the second one, the city of Stilwater was more interesting than Steelport with its endless, overbearing grime, and late in the third game you can upgrade your character to become effectively invincible, which made things boring.

Personally, I prefer GTA IV over any of the SR games (never played the first one because I don't have a 360), though with the second game it's a fairly close contest. I feel that SR2 has better clothing options and a lot more cool things to do than IV, and its expanded Stilwater was a great, diverse place to play around in (though Liberty City is just as good, <cough>even if Alderney could've been so much better</cough>), though IV still wins on account of the better multiplayer, the better music, the better story and characters, the smoother gameplay and physics, the nicer graphics, and by a mile and a half the better expansion packs. I still own both, though.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

I personally love both games and don't see for reason why people should fight over them (as you can probably tell in my signature). As far as "GTA clones" go, Saints Row is probably the best one out there. Mostly everything is over-the-top, exaggerated or just plain goofy. Saints Row 2 & 3 are both very fun games and over alot of variety. One good feature is the ability to create your own character. Saints Row 2 is probably superior to Saints Row 3, though they're both good games. Overall, I like Saints Row just as much as I like GTA. They're quite similar in some ways but they offer different experiences.

PS: I haven't played Saints Row 1.

LoSoisNiCEx414
  • LoSoisNiCEx414

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

As a MP Player ima break down Saints Row.
Saints Row one is the best Multiplayer game I ever played. Had online gang matches with gang leaderboards.Came out in 06 & took down the gang servers in 09 (people are still pissed they took them out to thid day) By far SR1 is the longest time o ever played a game gor its MP. People still play "PTP" to this day.

SR2
Still had MP. But most fans were dissapointed(some may argue) with the MP.SR2 didnt have gang matches which.people loved like in SR1 and took oit popular game modes like Protect The Pimp and Blinged Out Ride. They aldo changed the way you run,reload,&switch guns. Most people returned for SR1 after only a few momths.

Also once they removef gang matches 1000s of MP players went to the forums yo protest. They never turned yhe gang servers back om.

Do SR3 wad about to come out. On the Saints Row forums there werr 100s of pages about what gamers want in SR3 MP. We were all excited to see if they would combine the things we love from SR1 &2 and put it all in one kick ass MP game.
Results: They took out MP completely and only have Co Op. Went from 6v6 matches to just playing story mode with a friend. A lot of SR MP gamers didnt even buy SR3 including myself. Thats why I hateTHQ/Volition. Yhey dont listen to their fand.

If u want to try some Sr1 & 2MP you shouldvtry it. A lot of people play them both. sr1 came out 6yrs ago and 1000s play it daily. Compare that to how long people play SRTT? Most likely no more then a week. Very easy game. Go on youtube and search Saints Row 1 2v2s 3v3s, etc u will see its still a fun competitive game.

El Oso Blanco
  • El Oso Blanco

That guy with the AK

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

I really loved Saints Row 1 and 2. Not so much 3. It's okay I guess, but nothing compared to the first 2. the first 2 had that "rags to riches" feel. In 3 it was just "Riches to even more riches" and really boring. Plus Saints Row 1 will forever be the best gangsta game. Ever. Second only to San Andreas. biggrin.gif

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

If I were the OP I would pick up sr2 used, cost you $15 or $20.
You will probably have some fun with it.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

Yeah, Finn is right. Pick up SR2 used - it's what I did - and see if you like it. I'm sure you will like something about it, unless you are a SA hater.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:08 AM

The first two are alright, but SRTT is honestly a waste of money. I don't want to imagine what SR4 will be like. I bet every mission will be DLC and you'll have to spend an additional $50 just to complete the game.

Also the fact it's just plain old boring and steeleport is obviously a piss poor version of LC.

Stay clear IMO. 1 and 2 are much better games.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

SRTT took 'over the top' too far IMO, keep in mind that I too have never played any of the Saints Row games, but I have watched videos on YouTube and Saints Row 2 seems the best of the lot.

It seems like a fun game btw, been meaning to pick up the second myself for PC. Looks like San Andreas pretty much.

Verdant
  • Verdant

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:46 PM Edited by GtaOutKast, 02 June 2012 - 02:09 AM.

I actually heard about Saint's Row from a friend ages ago telling me that you could make your character obese in it. That's where I got Saint's Row 2 and I really enjoyed it. Anyways, in my honest opinion it is more customization over the top game. If you want a foam finger called the "Pimp Slap" then you play Saint's Row.

I got the latest installment in the series called Saint's Row: The Third and that game is such a thrill(IMO) but what basically spilt the beans was that there was no Multiplayer, yep you heard it. No free for all or team death matches which was a huge disappointment because this feature was in Saint's Row 2 and I believe Saint's Row 1 as well. Although you can still have fun with your Saints and tear up the city in Co-Op on The Third.

Overall, I've known the GTA series for ages and I'm still wanting to play the first Saint's Row. So, if you want to try out Saint's Row I recommend that you do you may actually enjoy it. Best if you play the 1st or 2nd one so you understand the storyline smile.gif .

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (highgrade89 @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 12:44)
Firstly the forums for GTA not SR and its nothing compared to GTA

Yeah, "Gaming Chat" must be completely dedicated to GTA. orly.gif

Jack.
  • Jack.

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

Its alright, The first one is. you can have online gangs, and play organised TDM's against others and all of it goes on a leaderboard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users