[Help] I have many problem with modiffy scm

15 replies to this topic
Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

this my problem.

1. why new scm will make player cannot load game?, I have problem when I do load game with SA modiffed that scm in Ps2 I cannot play and my savegame crash. how to fix it?

2. what mean this code? found from .scm file in GTA2:3D mod

CODE
062A: change_float_stat 165 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 23 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 21 to 0.0
062A: change_float_stat 163 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 160 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 229 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 223 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 230 to 999.0
0629: change_integer_stat 181 to 4
0629: change_integer_stat 68 to 0

3. how to make icon to going interior world? and how to set it?

4. how to create and add more custom object, custom external script. and what else like that? please specify...

5. how to add cilivian and way vehicle in new total map modification? i not look they in GTA2:3D. but I see they in old way (i mean original map) so vehicle and cilivian walk trough wall.

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

1. why new scm will make player cannot load game?, I have problem when I do load game with SA modiffed that scm in Ps2 I cannot play and my savegame crash. how to fix it?

When a player saves the game, the game collects mission information aswell as all other data needed, Because of this when the player tries to load a save game using a new main the 'mission' data collected by the game isn't there and therefor causes the game to crash

CODE
062A: change_float_stat 165 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 23 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 21 to 0.0
062A: change_float_stat 163 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 160 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 229 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 223 to 999.0
062A: change_float_stat 230 to 999.0
0629: change_integer_stat 181 to 4
0629: change_integer_stat 68 to 0

Don't know about this

I'm thinking you could edit the icon image of a default icon in the TXD file and set it accordingly using codes the way rockstar did

4. how to create and add more custom object, custom external script. and what else like that? please  specify...

Meh, I'm not good with custom objects

5. how to add cilivian and way vehicle in new total map modification? i not look they in GTA2:3D. but I see they in old way (i mean original map) so vehicle and cilivian walk trough wall.

^ +1

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

I'm thinking you could edit the icon image of a default icon in the TXD file and set it accordingly using codes the way rockstar did

no, i mean, how to insert that in map and set tunnel. what the code for do this?

^ +1

what you mean? same at above?

all of my questions is what one can answer?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

It's a bit hard to understand your questions.

2. That changes some of the players statistics (fat/muscle/stanima/respect/weapon skill/dance score etc. are all stats). Check Sanny's Help Documentation for ID's.

3. The icon and the teleporting to interior aren't part and parcel of each other. You can use 02A8 to create a sprite blip at your coordinate and loop 00FF8 (with sphere flag on) and check the return to create a sphere at the coordinate and check if the player is in a certain radius of the coordinate.

4. 'External scripts' (which are possibly named 'script brains' as they mostly control the interaction of objects and peds) are quite intricate. Why do you intend to create one? They are great for controlling object and ped actions if you're converting the main.scm, but have little use for anything else. So if you don't need to do that, leave externals until you get better at coding wink.gif

5. Not sure what you mean. Ped and vehicle paths are in the data/Paths folder, if that helps.

The_Sorrow answered question 1 pretty well. More specifically, when the game is saved the location of the next 'opcode' is saved and used when loading. If the location of the next opcode changes because another opcode was added before it and the other opcode is longer, the location of the next opcode is suddenly the location of the middle of this other opcode. It will treat the data in the middle as the new opcode and the script will be parsed incorrectly.

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Like The Sorrow said, the save game store several information about main.scm and when the game is loaded with another main.scm, the information in the save file is wrong.

That's statistics like "NRG-500 best time ", "Flying skill", "Favorite console game", "Progress made" (Those stats that you can see in game menu), they affect gameplay too, not only the menu.

Rockstar interiors markers was made using IPL, http://www.gtamoddin....php?title=ENEX
But you can do something with 0A40, if the entrance is temporary (example, the entrance is only for a mission).

4. how to create and add more custom object, custom external script. and what else like that? please  specify...

In the header of the SCM file, you have informations about objects, externals and missions... Read coding bible, one of the first topic say something about it.
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=261006

http://www.gtamoddin...=Paths_(GTA_SA) (At the bottom you can see "Tools & Scripts" if you want a tool)

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

I mean Civilian sorry wrong spelling.

and I forgot to ask some. this.,
how to make attitude to the object I mean climbing wall, Gangs leaning against a parked car and like this (I don't know how to tell that you understand)

user posted image

How to create IPL, New Object. example drop weapon. so, They not Fload and can I make new weapon models CJ held the same as model weapon fallen/drop? understand what I mean?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Attitude? You mean 'attach'? tounge2.gif

The effect in the screenshot was made by this SCM code:
CODE
00A5: 322@ = create_car #FELTZER at 326@ 327@ 328@
0175: set_car 322@ Z_angle_to 329@
053F: set_car 322@ tires_vulnerability 0
009A: 324@ = create_actor_pedtype 23 model #SPECIAL01 at 0.0 0.0 0.0
0464: put_actor 324@ into_turret_on_car 322@ at_car_offset 0.0 1.266 0.391 position 0 shooting_angle_limit 0.0 with_weapon 0
0223: set_actor 324@ health_to 300
0812: AS_actor 324@ perform_animation "TYD2CAR_LOW" IFP "CAR" framedelta 4.0 loopA 0 lockX 0 lockY 0 lockF 1 time 0 // versionB

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

" Sorry for my poor english "

what the picture is also a part of .dat file? and how to read a file .dat? can you give a tutorial. please,, smile.gif

user posted image
what's code? it's in file .dat?

user posted image
& See the red line, why do they walk through walls? why do they still follow the original road map san andreas? :blink:and there was nobody ped walking in sidewalk...

and I have more problem, I'm complie txt to scm with sanny builder. then error "34@" Cleo and I did not make the mod. how?

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:04 PM Edited by Link2012, 16 April 2012 - 01:57 PM.

About the second question
I think the car spawned in the wall...
The car still following the old path because it wasn't removed (or cleaned), the paths is in gta3.img, nodes*.dat (where * is some number between 0 and 63.)
http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=Paths_%28GTA_SA%29 (At the bottom you can see "Tools & Scripts" if you want a tool)

and I have more problem, I'm complie txt to scm with sanny builder. then error "34@" Cleo and I did not make the mod. how?

You can't use variables above 33@ in non-missions script.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

About the first question
It's in collision used by model, in archive .col, in IMG archive.

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:15 AM Edited by Gian_Yagami, 17 April 2012 - 07:24 AM.

no, I just want to change the script. scm in that picture #2. i'm download map from: http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=4582

I want to add pickup item, camera. so I can take picture. I'm using sannybuilder for edit this. normally used to make Cleo script . but I want to make scm script variable more than 32@

how about this one, what is also a part of .dat?
user posted image

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (fastman92 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 15:49)
About the first question
It's in collision used by model, in archive .col, in IMG archive.

He already explained stuff.

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

He already explained stuff.

sorry I read the less scrupulous. sorry for my ignorance

I had trouble learning paths and collision mercie_blink.gif What you have to have a tutorial for beginners? confused.gif

Deji  Posted on Friday, Apr 13 2012, 12:55

4. 'External scripts' (which are possibly named 'script brains' as they mostly control the interaction of objects and peds) are quite intricate. Why do you intend to create one? They are great for controlling object and ped actions if you're converting the main.scm, but have little use for anything else. So if you don't need to do that, leave externals until you get better at coding wink.gif

I want San Andreas can hide when shooting action as like GTA IV
user posted image

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

It is almost impossible to do something like that. In cleo it's not possible, maybe in asi files. You need to get all col's coords from the player's surrounding environment and that's just the start. Later you have to create a new sort of shooting mode to make the player shoot non-scripted bullets.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:57 AM Edited by Deji, 19 April 2012 - 11:01 AM.

Well, since it was discovered ASM can be used to basically turn part of a CLEO file into an EXE/DLL/ASI. It can, but it would be a lot easier with C++ instead of hex assembly.

I want San Andreas can hide when shooting action as like GTA IV

Well why do you need external scripts? I kinda doubt they're for walls, it'd be easiest to use this opcode:
CODE
0339:   anything_in_cube_cornerA 227@ 228@ 229@ cornerB 230@ 231@ 232@ solid 0 car 0 actor 1 object 0 particle 0

It could test whether there was a suitable object near the player to hide behind. Although I believe Wesser may have posted a few more customisable collision checking SCM functions.

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

I think the same function as CJ holding on an object like a my previous Picture.
cause it's object interaction to all Actor. hmm... what is that called " Peds " ?
(players by computers)

so, do you think it impossible, ya? confused.gif
hmm ... I too was inspired by GTA IV., but since I only have a PS2 and the game GTA san andreas. but I want to play GTA IV. but, not in Ps2, and my Pc is too low spec. and the upgrades are quite expensive cryani.gif
I like that's gameplay features

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users