A few beginner questions

6 replies to this topic
nerozero
  • nerozero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

Hi all,

I have just discovered scripthook and have started making a few simple mods, I just have a few questions on some things I can't find.

1) How can I get the force vector of a bullet that has been fired?

2) Is there a way I can change the bullet, so for instance instead of firing a bullet it fires the spliff from the scripthook examples?

3) How can I move a peds body, so for instance if I aimed at a peds right arm could I get that ped to raise that arm?

4)And lastly and probably easiest how can I move an object, so if I have a vehicle how can i move it say 10 metres down the road, I see it has x,y,z but these are read only and I can't change them. Or can I just create a new Vector3 and set the position to this?

Thanks!

nerozero
  • nerozero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

No one knows any answers to these?

Fantaseb
  • Fantaseb

One Nation, One Love, But Who? ;)

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

I will make a tut for the second file, as that has been patched and its harder to explain in text.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

I don't know about the first 3 questions, but I think you're right on #4. Just set the position to a new Vector3.

nerozero
  • nerozero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Ok sounds good thanks, let me know when its done

nerozero
  • nerozero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

What I want to do is make a mod that lets you shoot like bullets that will stick peds to things. So you could hook a ped to a car or hook to a building. So i was thinking set the force of the player to the force of the bullet and then stick the hit bodypart. It doesn't sound too hard to do but dont know if I can reference a individual bullet to get its force etc

nerozero
  • nerozero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

And also how to check collision so I would know when the flying ped hit something and what it hit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users