Photo

Corsair K60 vs K90

19 replies to this topic
Ryan
  • Ryan

Resident Ginger

• Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

I've decided it's time for a new mouse and keyboard. Choosing the mouse was an easy decision. I ended up going with the M60 since I tend to play more FPS games and wouldn't need the 10,000 buttons the M90 has. I'm having trouble deciding on the keyboard though. Both the K60 and K90 look like great keyboards, but I can't decide. I wanted a keyboard that has back-lighting which the K90 has, but I also wanted a keyboard that isn't cluttered with macro keys that I'll never use which the K60 has. If only Corsair made the K60 back-lit! Ughh, decisions, decisions. Anyone have any suggestions?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

Asus ROG laptops have a backlit keyboard, too bad they don't make those available for PCs, since they do make mainboards.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Resident Ginger

• Canada

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 22:39)
Asus ROG laptops have a backlit keyboard, too bad they don't make those available for PCs, since they do make mainboards.

Thank you for your gracious and completely irrelevant reply to my question. Kindly, go f*ck off.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 20:41)

Thank you for your gracious and completely irrelevant reply to my question. Kindly, go f*ck off.

sh*t, I wish more people would say this. I get so damn tired of his crap, useless, spam posts all throughout the Tech & PC Chat forums! I've tried to be nice, but hell, I've never seen any forum so spammed up in all my life. I swear if it were anyone else, they'd have been banned years ago!

Anyway, back on topic, I would personally go with the K90, even with all the junk macro keys. I have the Logitech G15 (v1 blue one) and it has served me very well. It also has those stupid useless macro keys, which adds a lot of length to the keyboard, but it's still worth it for all the other features, backlights, LCD screen, no ghosting, etc. . Now that I have had backlighting, wouldn't want to be without it!

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 01:41)

Easy there fella! tounge.gif

Well I think that you should go with the K60, since it is made for FPS games. The back-lit feature would be better off waiting for it in an upcoming FPS keyboard. smile.gif

Azazel
  • Azazel

Rhododendron.

• None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:25 AM Edited by Azazel, 15 April 2012 - 12:29 AM.

Loving my K60, and it doesn't bother me one bit that it isn't backlit. The overall quality is great, and the hand rest is very comfy. I have no use for all those macro keys, and the K90 just looked way too cluttered. Not regretting that I went for the M60/K60 combo. smile.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

Backlit keyboards are pretty dang cool, personally though the size of that keyboard would piss me off, your right arm will be some distance from your keyboard hand (If your right handed)
If your left handed it might (WHich for some reason i am getting a vibe you are) then it shouldn't be an issue.

The K60 looks like it has a really nice comfortable wrist rest though, but you can get those aftermarket, you might want to look around first though.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 22:17)
your right arm will be some distance from your keyboard hand (If your right handed)

Huh? On the K90 with normal usage your left hand would be no farther from your right hand (mouse hand) than it would be with the K60. It's just the macro keys that are so far to the left. All the other keys are the same distance from the right.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:04 AM Edited by finn4life, 15 April 2012 - 07:06 AM.

QUOTE (SyphonPayne @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 14:38)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 22:17)
your right arm will be some distance from your keyboard hand (If your right handed)

Huh? On the K90 with normal usage your left hand would be no farther from your right hand (mouse hand) than it would be with the K60. It's just the macro keys that are so far to the left. All the other keys are the same distance from the right.

Ahk the macros are only on the left hand side, I had mistaken the numpad as more macros.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

I don't get it - his answer made perfect sense to me!

I've got an Asus keyboard on my studio machine and it's really good to use... I type very fast when I'm thinking and it absorbs the shock very well (and very quietly). It is indeed a shame that their backlit-laptop-key tech isn't available in their mainboards.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (TenEightyOne @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 00:29)

I've got an Asus keyboard on my studio machine and it's really good to use... I type very fast when I'm thinking and it absorbs the shock very well (and very quietly). It is indeed a shame that their backlit-laptop-key tech isn't available in their mainboards.

How is a laptop keyboard going to help Ryan?
It makes sense but has nothing to do with choosing a keyboard for a Pc.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 05:06)
QUOTE (TenEightyOne @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 00:29)

How is a laptop keyboard going to help Ryan?
It makes sense but has nothing to do with choosing a keyboard for a Pc.

I think that what he and I were referring to was the quality of Asus full size keyboards. We went on to comment that it was a shame that Asus backlit tech (from, as you rightly say, the laptop range) isn't available in their full size boards.

As I said, my Asus keyboard is extremely smooth and comfortable - personally I'd recommend that above any other.

I'd go on to say what as shame it is that their backlit tech etc. etc., but I won't biggrin.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

He's in denial that I actually am not posting to annoy. I was being serious about the ROG series

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 10:54)
He's in denial that I actually am not posting to annoy. I was being serious about the ROG series

Well it's not what he wants. He wants suggestions on which of the keyboards (that he listed) to choose.

Azazel
  • Azazel

Rhododendron.

• None

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:36 PM Edited by Azazel, 17 April 2012 - 06:39 PM.

QUOTE (Slamman @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 10:54)

Since none of your posts does anything to enlighten him in the matter of choosing which of the two keyboards he listed he ought to pick, you should just have opted not to post at all. It's not that difficult a concept to grasp.

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Obviously, My comment is based again on something I DO KNOW, which is why I didn't offer a opinion about his choice, I'm not familiar with, At the point he went off, I left the thread, but my comment about Asus is validated with someone else's input, Nuff said, Come down off your high horses, guys, you really ought to just relax and take it easy, learn to get along with varied opinions

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

facedesk.gif

Anywhoo, I would personally go for the K90, simply because of the programmable macro keys on it, which although you mention you probably wouldn't have use of them if ever, you probably might surprise yourself and find some uses for gaming (I dunno like setting up a quick macro to load god mode or ammo etc. unless your one of those gaming purists who don't believe in cheats, if you are then.... pussy)

Besides that one looks sechsier as the K60 with those red keys looks like an old BBC Micro.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

I would personally go with the K90, those lights are awesome and its also going well with the mouse you already got.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Resident Ginger

• Canada

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'm kinda leaning towards the K60 at the moment cause I'm not sure if the K90 will fit on my desk, but if it does, I think I'll go for that one to match my mouse with their blue backlighting.

Azazel
  • Azazel

Rhododendron.

• None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Gareth Croke @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 22:55)
Besides that one looks sechsier as the K60 with those red keys looks like an old BBC Micro.

Just to clarify - the keyboard comes installed with a full set of black keys, and ten (W, A, S, D and 1-6) interchangeable red ones with a rubberized surface, along with a little tool to pull them off safely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users