» «
Photo

Negative Camber in GTA IV

2 replies to this topic
NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:05 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 11 April 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Hi,

I already talked to smokey8808 in private about this subject but he couldn't help me. Is there really no way to create any camber effect in IV with ZModeler2?
I don't mean fake camber due to lowered suspension or trainer tuning. I mean camber controlled by the 3D model itself. I thought this should be easy to do: But rotating any wheel dummy
in ZM won't work I noticed fast. Finally the wheels will rotate and you can see that ingame but you cannot drive anymore cause the "rotated" wheels doesn't spin correct anymore. They only
wobble around it's axis. It look really funny but of course it's unplayable. Google isn't a help, this subject isn't very common. It seems like the wheels script doesn't support any wheel with
a x-axis that has a different angle than the base x-axis of the model or the axis that is in control for the wheels script. Maybe this cannot be fixed due to modelling.

Thanks for any help!

-NR-

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 13:05)
Hi,

I already talked to smokey8808 in private about this subject but he couldn't help me. Is there really no way to create any camber effect in IV with ZModeler2?
I don't mean fake camber due to lowered suspension or trainer tuning. I mean camber controlled by the 3D model itself. I thought this should be easy to do: But rotating any wheel dummy
in ZM won't work I noticed fast. Finally the wheels will rotate and you can see that ingame but you cannot drive anymore cause the "rotated" wheels doesn't spin correct anymore. They only
wobble around it's axis. It look really funny but of course it's unplayable. Google isn't a help, this subject isn't very common. It seems like the wheels script doesn't support any wheel with
a x-axis that has a different angle than the base x-axis of the model or the axis that is in control for the wheels script. Maybe this cannot be fixed due to modelling.

Thanks for any help!

-NR-

What about modelling the x-axis component (wishbone suspension / double wishbone) on an angle? That way the wheel axis is in unison...I supposed you'd have to remodel the model itself. Of course, many people don't look very hard at the really hard to see places, like directly behind the wheel at it's center, so maybe modelling a cyclinder to encompass the original suspension arm might work? I am by no means a modeller though lol

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:25 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 15 April 2012 - 10:40 AM.

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 16:00)
I am by no means a modeller though lol

Me too! Jesus! lol.gif

But I have an idea and I will try it. If that works I will tell ya more. If not, there's no need to tell more.

EDIT:
I was trying something simple: Everybody know if you lower the suspension the wheels get some camber effect. So I just moved the wheels dummies a bit down (so that the suspension is getting
higher). Then I put in a pretty big negative "Raise" value to decrease the effect of the moved dummies plus this "automatic camber effect". I'm still testing this but the result isn't that good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users