» «
Photo

Crysis 3

127 replies to this topic
Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:26 AM Edited by Dragonjack, 15 April 2012 - 06:58 PM.

The game's cover art features a Nanosuit clad protagonist drawing what looks like a futuristic bow and arrow, standing against the backdrop of a city environment, suggesting developer Crytek may be sticking with the urban theme of Crysis 2, rather than the original's island setting.

The title's expected to be revealed this month in Game Reactor, with the magazine's Swedish edition carrying hints that's its exclusive cover feature will be the next entry in Crytek's FPS series.

The German developer told CVG last January that it fully intended to make Crysis 3 and that it already had a plan for how the series' story will progress, and last month the studio told us that it's set to announce a "spectacular" console/PC game in April. Here's the link to read in full http://www.computera...ears-on-origin/ What do you think guys?

http://en.wikipedia....ysis_3_logo.jpg Yea some "folks" think this is Fan-made, But let's just hope that Crytek will make some changes of the Logo & the Art colgate.gif

Developer: Crytek Frankfurt
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Distributor: Electronic Arts
Series: Crysis
Engine: CryEngine 3
Platfroms: Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Mircosoft Windows Wii U
Release Date: TBA 2012
Mode: Single player & Multiplayer
Media/distribution: Optical disc
Download

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

I can't believe that is a official cover art, looks fan made.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 12:03)
I can't believe that is a official cover art, looks fan made.

Yeah, but I have a feeling they're going to change it.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

Crytek hasn't Really announced Crysis 3 at this time, But it is confirmed though And the Box-Art Fan made? You serious wow.gif

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

I just re-installed crysis 2 yesterday to finally finish the campaign funnily enough, not surprised that this came out though, didn't crytek say they were going to make it a trilogy after they finished the first game?

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

The article says that the artwork is from Origin, but I wouldn't say it's coverart. Just artwork.

I hope there's a third one. I love crysis. Played through Crysis Wars and Crysis 2 countless times. Can't find my copy of Crysis 1 any more though.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

I played Crysis 2 and the music is super awesome, the city and the lighting was awesome.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

I just hope they will finally reveal what happened to Nomad, Psycho, Helena and Prophet in Crysis. And how the f*ck did Prophet survive in Crysis 1?

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

I'm hoping for a more free roam experience similar to the first one rather than the seconds more boxed in areas.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

I think, despite the few positive reviews, Crysis is no longer thought the top PC game benchmark it once was, should it or can it come back from that?!

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Crysis 2 was one of the very few games i never did regret buying. I played the ish out of the singleplayer. It's unfortunate that the multiplayer is dead.

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 12:55)
I just hope they will finally reveal what happened to Nomad, Psycho, Helena and Prophet in Crysis. And how the f*ck did Prophet survive in Crysis 1?

Well, you obviously didn't play crysis 2, if you were you could saw what happened to prophet and there is comic which take place after crysis 1 that explains what happened to nomad.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

Looking forward to this after reading that news, I loved Crysis 1 and 2. smile.gif

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

Trailer coming on the 16th of this month. You heard it here first.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (ACR @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 03:16)

Well, you obviously didn't play crysis 2, if you were you could saw what happened to prophet and there is comic which take place after crysis 1 that explains what happened to nomad.

I played Crysis 2. I just wanna know EXACTLY what happened to Prophet on the island. How did he rig those weapons, how did he survive. What EXACT:Y happened with the rest of his team. I want to see this in the game not some stupid comic.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

I've played Crysis 2 it was Good & brutally amazing! but i didn't Get What exactly happened to Prophet? confused.gif I mean all of you's Are Now talking about it smile.gif But Yea I'm kinda looking Forward to it

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 08:42)
QUOTE (ACR @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 03:16)

I played Crysis 2. I just wanna know EXACTLY what happened to Prophet on the island. How did he rig those weapons, how did he survive. What EXACT:Y happened with the rest of his team. I want to see this in the game not some stupid comic.

Should i tell you what happened to nomad? I didn't read comic, i read this on crysis wiki.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 04:43)
Trailer coming on the 16th of this month. You heard it here first.

A teaser probably, like the one in crysis 2, showing nothing.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Releases in Spring 2013, info and screens: http://kotaku.com/59...-2013/gallery/1

It's already up for pre-order with pre-order bonuses. Before anything is really known about the game...

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

NYC again. suicidal.gif Probably recycled from Crysis 2.
+ R6 Patriots around same date.

Variety and fantasy are dead in such games.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 14:32)

indeed icon14.gif

The same main character (Prophet)the same enemies(Ceph & Cell),the same setting(New York)sure …let’s add some grass and call it Crysis 3!I mean I’ve seen companies reusing assets but this…this is just plain lazy and stupid.

and they have used fan made screenshots (i think) and already announced their pre order. there is no gameplay or not even a teaser trailer mad.gif and they expect gamers to pre order this sh*t.do they think gamers are some kind of pussies or what?

i am a massive fan of crysis 2 but i am not getting this game.hell no!

f*ck you EA suicidal.gif

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

Crysis series is awesome, after playing C2, I really want to have a sequel right away.
however, this? New York again? and somehow Prophet is back as main character? WTF!? so the whole C2 is just a story tell about Prophet plan to use Alcatraz as his new body?
I hope all the story from the first game will connect together as a good trilogy in this one instead of a cheap game using same setting with different story just for its fame dozingoff.gif

imo reuse assets are not likely gonna happen, since NY have turned out to be a sh*t jungle and the game is now freeroam instead of linear now.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 15:07)
New York again?

I said that at first, but after looking at the screenshots I am pretty sure is going to live up to its expectations.
Here are some higher quality pictures, click for full

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Yeah this kind of NY looks much better biggrin.gif I just hope they improve gameplay/story, since Crysis 2 was average imo, liked first one better.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Those graphics look pretty damn amazing I must say.

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Indi @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 19:11)
Those graphics look pretty damn amazing I must say.

Eh, any game can look amazing when the screenshots are edited and scaled down that much. The graphics don't really look that much different to Crysis 2, now that would be disappointing if it was just the same game with different missions. I wouldn't be surprised knowing Crytek recently, though.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:31 AM Edited by Dragonjack, 17 April 2012 - 03:37 AM.

after seeing the screenshots? its back to New york AGAIN confused.gif I don't Really get it now lol. but still, I like the Cryengine 3 colgate.gif Q. Why did Crytek want to pick this sort of setting again?

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

It really is a sad day for video-gaming when one of the first things that is revealed about a game are its preorder bonuses. confused.gif

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

I wish that bow would be super-strong, because you're in a futuristic suit, why wouldn't you be able to knock down those mechs with one arrow? But sadly, those arrows don't seem to be penetration-happy..

In Half Life universe you had hot, recently burned bolts to shoot with a crossbow, why not here?

And when I first saw the jungle-ish setting, I thought - wow, back to the islands? I would like it to be set in Africa, but that's the territory of Far Cry, so what about India as a setting for a FPS?

But then I see that it's New York.. Come on, guys, leave North America for GTA and do other interesting places, like Brazil or other countries..

It's all EA's fault, I will be happy if they are the worst company this year too.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 09:43)
QUOTE (Street Mix @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 14:32)

indeed icon14.gif

The same main character (Prophet)the same enemies(Ceph & Cell),the same setting(New York)sure …let’s add some grass and call it Crysis 3!I mean I’ve seen companies reusing assets but this…this is just plain lazy and stupid.

and they have used fan made screenshots (i think) and already announced their pre order. there is no gameplay or not even a teaser trailer mad.gif and they expect gamers to pre order this sh*t.do they think gamers are some kind of pussies or what?

i am a massive fan of crysis 2 but i am not getting this game.hell no!

f*ck you EA suicidal.gif

What else is disappointing about this is that there's no way this will be an advancement in gaming like Crysis 1 and Far Cry were. It's just more consolized crap and the PC crowd will again get the sh*t end of the stick.

Who knows though, Crytek went through the troubles to release a DX11 patch for Crysis 2 that tessellated the f*ck out of the ocean under the concrete along with tessellating objects like flat concrete barriers that needed no tessellation at all. Maybe this time they'll tessellate the damn sky too.

It's obvious EA has it's fist squarely up Crytek's ass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users