Photo

Things to improve in Multiplayer

35 replies to this topic
gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (TreyCrll @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 15:26)
How about this:

"Infiltration"
-Six vs. Six.
-each team starts out on a different roof top. 3 people from the team stay to defend the roof top while the other 3 get a helicopter and try to infiltrate the other team's rooftop.
-This would put a new spin on dog fights on the way to each other's roof tops, plus each team's defenders sniping at each other from roof top to roof top.
It would even be fun to spectate on a match like that.

or

"Crash Test"
-As many players as R*'s servers can support.
-free for all points system.
-Set up like GTA races where the player gets to choose his/her car.
-First Round-Takes place on the LS air port strip, where the game spawns a small, chest-high brick wall about mid to end of the run way.
Each player starts at the starting line and floors it in to the brick wall. The player that flies out of their windsheild and rolls or flies the farthest wins the first round.
-Second Round-Takes place on top of the highest building in LS. Each player (facing the same direction) gets a sanchez(dirt bike) to ride off the edge. the person who attains the highest rotation (i.e. flips, spins rolls, ect.) before they hit the ground wins.
-Final Round-Each player starts exactly the same distance a few blocks away from a group of gas barrels. The first player to reach the barrels and set off a chain explosion (most of the other players should be in range of the explosion by the time the first gets there) wins.
-If you win all three in a row, you get an achievement "Crach Dummy"

Before any of you say that this is too over the top for GTA, just think about what R* said about revolutionizing their multiplayer, and then try you're hardest to picture these game modes in your head and tell me they wouldn't be the slightest bit fun...

Good idea but there should be 8 players on each team not a limit of 6.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

More interactive environment. In IV's singleplayer, you could bowl, watch tv, get drunk, tell some dude on the corner to give you a hot dog, et cetera.
The taunts thing from RDR was cool. I'd like those kept in.
I think it was called All Points Bulletin or something, but I want, if there's a custom music system, and you and someone else had the same song on Independence FM, (or whatever it is this time around) the other guy could hear it and it would be played if you left the car.
Those "secrets" that people come up with and hunt around for in multiplayer are fun. I want something like Ratman, but not stupid and real but really rare.

Rant: The multiplayer part of a game is supposed to be fun, not all that grinding, kill everyone in your sight sh*t like in most FPS games that are for some reason praised as the best things to happen to video gaming. Besides, the multiplayer in IV and RDR felt more like fun with a couple of your buddies than that "1 4M 1337 n00bz!!!" stuff that is so prevalent.
Yeah, "I don't know what I'm talking about either, but I'm Gary Busey, so no one knows what the f*ck I'm talking about."

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

The RDR Zombie mode was fkn stupid, atleast they could have made the zombies only killable by a headshot and get rid of those stupid retchers or whatever. And no waves or time limits just let us free roam with 4 people (at the least)

BrazilianGirl
  • BrazilianGirl

◕‿‿◕

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 21:47)
The RDR Zombie mode was fkn stupid, atleast they could have made the zombies only killable by a headshot and get rid of those stupid retchers or whatever. And no waves or time limits just let us free roam with 4 people (at the least)

I have to agree on that. I hated that stupid time limit and those fvcking brutes (as I hate the fact 98% of the games must have brutes). If we could get to inner spaces like malls (I mean, an online match against zombies inside a mall) until everyone dies, maybe like in Call of Duty World at War, waves are not a matter to me.

It's been 5 years they've been working in this game. It has everything to be impressive. Just imagine how GTA III was fvcking owned by Vice City and San Andreas. Same era. GREAT difference in every aspect.

enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

dedicated servers would be nice

Also I think demolition derby would be a great game mode where you would get to choose your car,and then everybody would start in a circle all facing each other

and I agree, I would like a lot of people in free mode instead of being a ghost town like in IV

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

I got an idea that will most likely never happen by Rockstar.

I'd like there to be those modes from GTA IV and some of those crazy damn fun modes from this thread(Only some, not bothering to make list lol)
So basically Rockstar's scripted events.
And of course tweaked Free roam from IV, possibly from RDR(Never played RDR because I don't have console so I won't say if it should or not happen)

But, to the free roam system add SAMP styled scripting system, meaning that you could make your own scripts and gamemodes using that. Make roleplay servers finally happen.. I hate it that I can't RP in IV.(Atleast properly)
That would be damn great.. since IV:MP takes like 6 years until it's in same level as SAMP is now if it's gonna be even developed for that long.

But just like I said.. it's probably not gonna happen..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users