Photo

Horses in GTA V

55 replies to this topic
WhiteArcticFox
  • WhiteArcticFox

Driver

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

I can't believe I couldn't find any thread about horses being in GTA V or that I just thought up of this now.

How about having Horses in GTA V? I loved the movement of the horses in Red Dead Redemption, though I never actually played nor bought it ( I was going to but I don't know why I didn't, might pick it up some day in the future ) and I am thinking, why not have horses in Grand Theft Auto? It will give some variety and change in the game's atmosphere, instead of taking the usual mechanical transports we should be able to go on a horseback. Perhaps even have mounted Police in the country side of the game.

R* already has the animations and the models so I doubt it would be that hard to implement.

Cheers
user posted image

DJSmurf2009
  • DJSmurf2009

V Hunter

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

I felt the movement of the horses was restricted so bad! It felt like being on one of those static swaying seats on a spring in kids parks... But anyways, i can't see LS having anywhere that fits horses in... They could of done it with IV with middle park but i cant see it happening anywhere else...

Beznia
  • Beznia

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Not very likely. I'd imagine there'd not be mounted police in the country as they don't have them today. I would imagine them maybe at a fairground or somewhere like that, but if they are in the game, they'd probably be rarely attainable or a spawn cheat.

DatassGTA
  • DatassGTA

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

GTA=Grand Theft AUTO.

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Beznia @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 19:08)
Not very likely. I'd imagine there'd not be mounted police in the country as they don't have them today. I would imagine them maybe at a fairground or somewhere like that, but if they are in the game, they'd probably be rarely attainable or a spawn cheat.

LAPD has a horse mounted unit:
http://www.lapdonlin...basic_view/6347

Most large cities have a horse unit, it's mostly for Festivals, but they're also used in Riots. It would be more common to see a Police Horse Unit in the city than in the Country though. GTA IV would have probably had a horse unit(since NYPD is known for them) had RDR came out before IV.

Chickenwing
  • Chickenwing

You See it in the Movies.....

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

lol whistle for your horse in the CITY...

But there is a countryside! So let's not rule it out...

Lysoformic
  • Lysoformic

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (DatassGTA @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 00:10)
GTA=Grand Theft AUTO.

Grand Theft Boat,

Gran Theft Plane

Gran Theft Bmx

Gran Theft Bike

Gran Theft Vortex

Gran Theft Helicopter

Gran Theft Jetpack

Gran Theft Karting

Gran Theft Train

?

WhiteArcticFox
  • WhiteArcticFox

Driver

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

GTA=Grand Theft AUTO.

lol, I knew someone would reply with that kind of a post, you can't restrict a game just because of the name, if the game were restricted based on the name you wouldn't be killing people for money, jacking helicopters, aircrafts, trains and other types of transportation, blowing up buildings with an RC helicopters etc. wink.gif

Not very likely.  I'd imagine there'd not be mounted police in the country as they don't have them today.  I would imagine them maybe at a fairground or somewhere like that, but if they are in the game, they'd probably be rarely attainable or a spawn cheat.

Quite a few police forces use mounted police on a normal patrol, as mentioned the LAPD uses them for Riots, Canada has them strolling a long the street of Ontario like it's 1843, people in the country side could be using them on their ranch or competing with them on a track.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

I could see horses being used in a ranch, and used for race track. Sure, why not horses?

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (WhiteArcticFox @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 16:58)
I can't believe I couldn't find any thread about horses being in GTA V or that I just thought up of this now.

Well there have been a few horse threads before.

Anyway, I don't think calling for horses or keeping horses (unless a house in the country had a gated area to keep them) would work, but maybe the odd police officer riding a horse or a few horses at select farm like places throughout the countryside would be alright.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

Can I feed horse meat to my dog?

That be so cool.

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (SonofUgly @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 19:29)

Anyway, I don't think calling for horses or keeping horses (unless a house in the country had a gated area to keep them) would work, but maybe the odd police officer riding a horse or a few horses at select farm like places throughout the countryside would be alright.

If there are going to be mounted police units, they should at least be featured in a mission. Such as a Festival, or a riot.

@Degrees It's called dog food.

GTA_FIVECITY
  • GTA_FIVECITY

LSPD-714

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

what is this ?

the wild west ?

jk

i do prefer

http://sanpedrobxb.f...ounted-lapd.jpg

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (spike88 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 00:33)
QUOTE (SonofUgly @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 19:29)

If there are going to be mounted police units, they should at least be featured in a mission. Such as a Festival, or a riot.

@Degrees It's called dog food.

Yeah but I want to make the food for the dog.

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

It'd be cool as an extra. Maybe a couple ranches that have horses you can steal. Part of a mission though? Police mounts? I don't know, sounds a bit much.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

I think horses will return, probably out in the countryside and I can easily picture some missions revolving around riding/racing/taming horses once you've unlocked the countryside. I don't know why anyone would NOT want them in the game, they did a great job with them and a sh*t ton of other animals in RDR. It'll just give you more things to do, I'd be interested in seeing how the physics of the game would handle me charging on horseback head on into a Patriot

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

That would be epic.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

yeah sure why not? LA has mounted police so having horses in GTA V (los santos) is very realistic if you asked me, i can see them appearing in the game if R* decided to put animals as they already have the animations (from RDR), i think it would be really fun riding them in the countryside

VATG
  • VATG

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

My guess is... YES.

CantPauseToast
  • CantPauseToast

In a few weeks or so.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

GTA=Grand Theft AUTO.

Nice logic, genius. Let's remove planes, boats, helicopters and bikes, too so that we remain loyal to the title.

Anyway, I most certainly want and expect some kind of horse in this game. I'm kind of waiting for the opportunity to plow a car into one.

Also, how cool would it be to take part in modern-day horse races? You could bet on yourself for cash.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (DatassGTA @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 16:10)
GTA=Grand Theft AUTO.

It's a franchise title.
None of the Final Fantasy games have any finality about them do they?

According to this logic;
Rock Band should only have Rock songs.
Guitar Hero should only have guitars.

On Topic:
If we're allowed to run them off of cliffs I'll be okay with it. (I hated that in Red Dead)
No, it's not because I get my jollies off killing virtual horses, it's because the quickest route between two points is a straight line.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 02:50)
QUOTE (DatassGTA @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 16:10)
GTA=Grand Theft AUTO.

It's a franchise title.
None of the Final Fantasy games have any finality about them do they?

According to this logic;
Rock Band should only have Rock songs.
Guitar Hero should only have guitars.

On Topic:
If we're allowed to run them off of cliffs I'll be okay with it. (I hated that in Red Dead)
No, it's not because I get my jollies off killing virtual horses, it's because the quickest route between two points is a straight line.

You can maneuver them off small dips and even cliffs to get somewhere faster once you get used to the horse system and become a master rider such as myself.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

I want a Ponnnyyyyyyy. cry.gif

Yes, horses would be a fun method of transportation. They might be able to import the animations and stuff from Red Dead.

CantPauseToast
  • CantPauseToast

In a few weeks or so.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (Chunkyman @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 03:01)
I want a Ponnnyyyyyyy. cry.gif

Yes, horses would be a fun method of transportation. They might be able to import the animations and stuff from Red Dead.

Same engine. It would be like importing a picture into word.

I wonder how euphoria would look if a horse galloped into a car speeding right towards it.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (CantPauseToast @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 22:02)
I wonder how euphoria would look if a horse galloped into a car speeding right towards it.

Exactly what I was wondering biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

mubd
  • mubd

Comfort Wipe Pedaler

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (DatassGTA @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 11:10)
GTA=Grand Theft AUTO.

Go play one of those stupid "open-world" driving games that doesn't let you walk around, because according to you, GTA=/= Grand Theft WALKING.

DatassGTA
  • DatassGTA

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (Lysoformic @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 00:14)
GTA=Grand Theft AUTO.

Grand Theft Boat,

Gran Theft Plane

Gran Theft Bmx

Gran Theft Bike

Gran Theft Vortex

Gran Theft Helicopter

Gran Theft Jetpack

Gran Theft Karting

Gran Theft Train

?

You can theft trains? since when?
BMX and Bike are essentially the same thing.
Other than that you got a point.

EDIT: HAHAH I didn't even realize how one simple thing can cause so much butt hurt, too funny.

Jamie Smith
  • Jamie Smith

"The King Has Risen!" - MJ

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:37 AM Edited by Jamie Smith, 11 April 2012 - 04:45 AM.

YES , Rockstar Games better put Horses in GTA V [Hope they do so exited biggrin.gif ]

1. They Have to be rideable/driveable otherwise not be put in the Game at all.
2. They should be in a ranch in the Countryside & in a barn behind the Countryside Police Station
3. They should be able to go anywhere on land & not put in a limited space.
4. They should be indestrucible [because i despise animal cruelty with a f*cking passion confused.gif ].

BaldadigeAnton
  • BaldadigeAnton

Scientia potentia est

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Yes, I already wanted horses in the game. More variety is better quality because you have more things to do. And if horses are implemented there are absolutely many mission that can involve horses. For example a mission where you have to steal the horse of a competititor of a jockey you are working for. Or side missions like robbery where you steal valuable horses of a ranch and put them in a trailer or something. And of course, horseback is also awesome, especially in the country.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

Sadly, I want them, but also thinking it's too much an element in RDR, and in GTA, you have to work to get the transpo you need, whereas in RDR, you just whistle. Hell, I whistle for a car in GTA now more then ever, and you just get a cab

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users