Quantcast

» «
Photo

Row in the USA over gay game characters.

40 replies to this topic
AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Georgia from Georgia. biggrin.gif

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 00:03)
They do realize that Florian (spelling) from GTA IV was gay right? I don't remember hearing anything like this when GTA IV was released.

And the whole "ballad of gay Tony" thing, with Tony and his club and boyfriends, why are they only starting this now when it has been happening for years? And why at all?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Everything is attacked by "family interest" groups that believe that nothing should be enjoyed by anyone, unless their children can enjoy it. And by "their children can enjoy it" I mean fits within their own beliefs of what their children should be exposed to. I'm fine with that aspect, I'm pissed that they try and impose it on everybody. Like this Bully movie. The MPAA was going to give it an R rating because it said "f*ck" like 8 or 9 times. They took out most of the times they said "f*ck", but left in a couple. At that point does it matter how many times it's said? It's said once or twice, isn't that enough for a child to learn the word? But I digress.

Homosexuality, is a normal thing to have in the world. Saying "we don't want our children to be gay", just makes you look like an asshole. Am I saying they should say, "I want my children to be gay"? No, that's equally assholish. I wish they would f*cking let their children decide for themselves.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

Why Christians for the subheading? I was raised Christian myself, but Catholics have the biggest problem with gay priests, not us

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 22:35)
Why Christians for the subheading? I was raised Christian myself, but Catholics have the biggest problem with gay priests, not us

because the article mentioned Christian protesters. And im quite used to radical weird Christians, didnt mean to offend or anything. most christians i know are normal people lol.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Pat @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 20:58)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 04:40)
no need to go on an EA rant each time their name pops up, in the appropriate topic sure go ahead, but not here

Do yourself a favor and re-read my f*cking post - this is a scapegoat. EA is making this sh*t up to shift the focus away from the bad PR they've been receiving lately.

I read your post, yes they are using it as a scapegoat for unfavourable business practices.
You are on edge man, chill.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

There's games which enable you to mass murder, steal wantonly and generally raise hell, committing the most deadly sins in-game. But this mob choose to stir a fuss about gay characters. Okay.

Not convinced this is genuine given EA's track record. Who cares what religious sects think these days anyway?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 00:52)
no need to go on an EA rant each time their name pops up, in the appropriate topic sure go ahead, but not here

Do yourself a favor and re-read my f*cking post - this is a scapegoat. EA is making this sh*t up to shift the focus away from the bad PR they've been receiving lately.

I read your post, yes they are using it as a scapegoat for unfavourable business practices.

Well..you did kind of accuse him of going off-topic when the post was well within the realms of discussion.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Straznicy @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 11:38)
There's games which enable you to mass murder, steal wantonly and generally raise hell, committing the most deadly sins in-game. But this mob choose to stir a fuss about gay characters. Okay.

Not convinced this is genuine given EA's track record. Who cares what religious sects think these days anyway?

That just goes to show that being gay is the only sin! Everybody into Heaven except for gay people. Rapists, pedophiles, murders, etc. sigh.gif I'm sure Heaven would be Hell then.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 15:38)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 00:52)

Well..you did kind of accuse him of going off-topic when the post was well within the realms of discussion.

Not really, i never said he was going off topic, it was as rant and yes it was for the most part on topic, but i still don't see a reason to criticise them to the fullest at every opportunity.
The post Could have simply said 'This is an EA scapegoat due to bad PR for bad business practices IMO.'

But whatever you can do what you like, i just prefer not to sound like a total hater all the time.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:55 AM Edited by E.A.B., 12 April 2012 - 12:05 PM.

QUOTE (Pat @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 11:35)
This is EA damage control, and it couldn't be more obvious. It's a simple scapegoat, people are criticizing their practices and they immediately resort to claiming that everyone doing so is a homophobe. Funny how all of the games in the following image feature homosexual or bisexual characters and there was no backlash:

user posted image

They're just trying to distract everyone from the real reasons they're being criticized - day one DLC, horrendous working conditions for employees, awful customer service, the fact that they've killed off multiple developers... they're basically trying to become the monopoly of the video games industry.

Pat, i understand you dislike EA's business practices, for the most part i agree with you, but we get the point, no need to go on an EA rant each time their name pops up, in the appropriate topic sure go ahead, but not here, you're wasting your time.
--
One of my favourite sayings.
Religion has caused more problems than it ever solved.

This is actually VERY MUCH SO the appropriate time.

he's actually right. EA is doing damage control by calling all criticism ''homophobia''. It's called astro turfing and is very common practice in politics. They DO hire people to do damage control on their games. A lot of companies do:

user posted image

Wish they would hire me. I would promote the sh*t out of Mass Effect 3 (out on Origin now!). It's the way gaming should be!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users