Photo

GTA: Ancient Rome

3 replies to this topic
jdewaters
  • jdewaters

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Okay, so it obviously wouldn't be a GTA game, but if they make RDR, they could make something like this.

Every time I see a show on Rome on the History Channel, or watch a movie like Gladiator, I think how awesome it might be to have an open-world game where you play as say, a Roman soldier, and you would have Ancient Rome, small towns in the surrounding area, and maybe be able to take to the Mediterranean and get to Carthage, Eqypt, etc.

I mean, I guess the subject has been beaten to death, but I just think it would be a cool game, if done right, and R* usually does things right. Think RDR minus guns, plus swords. Horse would still be the main mode of transportation.

My first thought would be the lack of guns/shooting would be very missed, however I think the ability to run into a huge battle with sword in hand would be a nice alternative. I don't mean you versus 5 opponents either. I mean being a member of a Roman legion, with hundreds of fellow soldiers, going into battle versus hundreds of enemies. I think it would be epic.

Off the top of my head, the plot to the game could be very Gladiator-esque. Start as a gladiator, battle to win your freedom, then you're in the Roman army. Earn your way to General, eventually becoming a Roman politician and one day Emperor. Decisions made as politicial/Emperor could effect the happiness and behavior of citizens, while being a terrible General could cause your armies to turn on you.

This is nothing more than a pipe-dream really, but I'm interested to see who would like a game like this, and what ideas some of you might have for it.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Just no, for a totally different game.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Have you played Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood? It's not ancient Rome, but it's the closest recent game I can think of that fits a similar description.

Num3rical
  • Num3rical

I didn't choose the Ivysaur life, the Ivysaur life chose me.

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (jdewaters @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 14:47)
Every time I see a show on Rome on the History Channel, or watch a movie like Gladiator, I think how awesome it might be to have an open-world game where you play as say, a Roman soldier, and you would have Ancient Rome, small towns in the surrounding area, and maybe be able to take to the Mediterranean and get to Carthage, Eqypt, etc.

Every time I see a show on Rome on the History Channel, or watch a movie like Gladiator
Every time I see a show on Rome on the History Channel
Rome on the History Channel
History Channel

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users