IV Mission Help (SnP) Rules & FAQ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic
Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

MISSION HELP
Have a question about mission and need some suggestions or need a mission done for you or maybe you're the helping time and just want to pitch in and help out around here. Then you've come to the right place.

PostContent
Post 1The Necessity of XLiveLess
Post 2General rules for the forum and hot to use Save'N'Play (SnP or SNP)
Post 3Where to upload your save game to get help with using the SNP
Post 4FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

THE NECESSITY OF XLIVELESS
PLEASE NOTE THAT IV SnP isn't the same as SA SnP. It won't work without XLiveless. So to the requester and the helper, make sure to use XLiveLess before posting.
Useful FAQ: How to use xliveless to load savegames

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

GENERAL RULES FOR THE FORUM AND HOW TO USE SAVE'N'PLAY

Getting mission help without getting the mission done for you

Just create a topic and tell everyone what problems you're having with what mission. It's a good idea to use the mission name as your topic title, don't just leave it as "Help" or some else vague.

Getting a mission done for you

1. Create a topic in the Mission Help forum. Use the title [SNP] "mission name" (do not include the quotes), for example: [SNP] Freefall
2. In the body list all of the missions you want to done, perferably using the following format:
REQUESTFORMAT
MissionMission names here
LinkThe URL to your saved game here (need a place to upload it? read the next post)
NotesAnything you want the helper to be aware of when they do your mission for you.
3. Please wait atleast 12 hours before you bump your topic. Remember these helpers are here doing work out of the kindness of their hearts, no one has to do your missions for you. You might be in a rush, but it's just a game not life or death.

DO NOT use someone elses topic to get a mission of your own done. One person to a topic, please.

DO NOT email or PM me or anyone else with mission request. Make a topic to make your request. That is one of the reasons this forum is here for.

DO NOT Without usage of XLiveLess, the save won't work for you.

Please help the helpers out by remembering to do the following things

1. Save at the nearest save point to the mission to be done that is available to you.
No one, not even you, really wants to drive from one end of this HUGE map to the other just to do a mission for someone.
2. Try to have enough weapons and ammo to be able to complete the mission.
No one wants to have to get in the middle of a shoot out and only have 5 rounds of ammo and only a pistol.
3. Try to have full armor. This is mostly a request by a few of the helpers so they don't have to do searching for it before trying to do you mission.

Doing a mission for someone else

These people are called Helpers
1.Your job is simple, find a topic that starts with [SNP] and that is NOT locked and do the mission. Once you have completed the mission please use the following format to post your results into that topic:
HELPFORMAT
ForName of the person whose mission you've done...this will be explained why later
MissionList of missions you completed
HelperYour name...again this be explained later
LinkThe URL to the saved game with that you did for the above person (need a place to upload it? read the next post)
NotesAnything you want the helped to be aware of when you do your mission for them.
2. You must wait 1 (one) hour after you have made your results post/edit.
3. If after 3 hours of you call to do a request and you have not posted your results, then another helper may step in and do the mission. If you happen to get your results in before the other helper does then you will still get credit...other wise you will not. And remember the edits are date and time stamped just like the post itself, only they reflex the last edit.
4. Not so much a rule but more of a request: When you see a SNP request in a topic that doesn't have the SNP tag, just give a simple reminder to the person to use the SNP tag next time and what it's for.
5. DO NOT use cheats of any kind for any reason. All of the missions can be done without cheats. Unless the requester allows you to do so, but even then there shouldn't be a need for it.
6. DO NOT alter the requester's CJ. This means; no changes to clothes, hair, tattoos, or even using the stored cars. There are plenty of cars in the game that you don't need to use one of theirs. Also do not add cars to the garage, unless requested.
7. DO NOT pre-Edit your post. Pre-Edit means, after you've downloaded the requested file and made your reply for your "I'm on it" you then click the edit button so that when you come back all you have to do is just enter in the results. Why sholdn't you do this? Because on some rare occasions myself or another led-by might make an edit to your post while you're work on filling the request and by pre-editting your post you don't see and end up over writing whatever was there to give you that heads up of something.
It's also a good idea if you make a quick reply in the topic you are going to be doing a mission for that you are working on it. Something as simple as "I'm on it" will be fine.
In the past it was suggested to then edit your "I'm on it" post with your results....but with the new system it's not required.

The reason for using this "helper result format" is to help me in collecting this info and added it to the SnP stats table (this will be updated weekly).

If you want to make life easier on yourself if you start doing lots of missions for others, and if you're using Firefox or Mozilla then you might want to check out the BBCode extension.
After it's installed, right-click on a text field such as what you use for web email or posting to a forum and select BBcode->Settings->Custom Tags
Set it to 1 (you can make up to 10) set the lable to something like: SNP Helper
For the Tag field type the following...or you can copy&paste
CODE
For: \nMissions: \nHelper: YOURNAME\nLink: \nNotes: \n Complete

The bold and the orange Complete are optional. However the \n between each part is required to tell the extension to use a new line.

Why is the Save N Play being done this way?

This is so that the people requesting help and find their request again later and see if anyone as done their request yet. Fast and simple, no more having to scroll through page after page in hopes of finding if someone as done it or not.

The reason for the [SNP] at the start of the topic, is that the helpers can tell the SNP topics part from the people that are just asking for tips, suggestions, and what not for help with missions...that is after all what this forum is all about.

The helpers are still asking, 'but why the strange format to follow?'
Well this info will be used by myself and the Mission Help members to copy and paste that info this here topic as a reply-post, which will then be used by myself in being able to update the stats table you see above.

All request topics will be locked soon after the request as been completed. This done for 2 reasons, but hopefully you'll have enough time to make a "thanks reply" before that happens. So that you (the one making the request) and see that your request as been filled. Also so that someone else doesn't look at your topic and think "well I'll just use his/her topic too because I need the exact same thing done." Make your own topic topic people, please.
Lastly it's so that the helpers can look at the lock and say, 'ok that's done already,' and move on to another topic instead of having to stick their head in there just to find out it's already done.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

NEED A PLACE TO UPLOAD YOUR SAVE GAME?

GTASnP.com is simply the best site. icon14.gif

Samutz Save N Play Upload & Download
http://gtasnp.com/
Quick and pretty easy. Made ONLY for GTA saved game files (GTA3, VC, SA and IV).
File life span: Unknown
How to Upload
1. Click Browse and select the saved game file you want to upload.
2. Click Upload.
3. On the next page copy and paste the URL give to you in the body of the page to your post.
How to Download
1. Clicking the link you are given.
2. There will be a choice of 8 links to click on labed Slot1, Slot2 and so on.
It does not matter which one you select, they are all the same only the file name is different.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

GTAFORUM - MISSION HELP - FAQ's

Q: What the heck is SNP or SnP ?
A: It means Save N' Play which was the Title of the original Topic that eventually became 'Mission Help'

Q: Why do I have to put [SNP] in the Topic Title?
A: It announces to the Helper's that a mission needs doing, if you don't type it in, your request may not get done as quickly.

Q: How to upload your File:
A: You just missed it, go back up one post from here there is GTASnP.com but you're not limited to this.

Q: Where is my Save Game file?
A: - Original Game + Old Patches:
For XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(Username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
For Vista/7: C:Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
Without the brackets of course.
- New Patch (Patch #7):
(My) Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
The file is named SGTA4XX (the XX will be from 00-12 depending on what Slot you Saved in)

Q: My game has a Mod can the SNP still help me?
A: Put the name of the Mod and version in the Topic Description box when you post, and if possible add a link to the Mod file, or include the original Mod with your Saved Game file.

Q: Help! The save isn't working/can't find it!
A: Then you must've forgotten to use XLiveLess.

Q: But how do I use XLiveLess?!
A: Use this great FAQ BY mkey82.

Q: I posted like 10 minutes ago and no-one has done my thing!
A: Be PATIENT your Mission will be done when a Helper gets around to it, if you Bump your post to gain attention it annoys people so don't do it.

Q: I still have a question and it's not listed here, where do I ask it?
A: Create a topic and ask away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users