» «
Photo

The Los Santos Metro

103 replies to this topic
PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:14 PM Edited by PaddsterG2k3, 10 April 2012 - 02:03 PM.

Afternoon Gents,

I presume this topic has been discussed before but I could not find a topic on it. Do we feel that Rockstar will include the Los Angeles Metro in GTA V? I loved the inclusion of the NYC Subway in IV, but was disappointed that we could not pilot the train nor move around in the car/carriage. Now that we know this is possible (RDR's Trains) do we want it in GTA V?

I for one most whole heartedly do. I feel it adds real immersion to the living, breathing city. I hope theres a nod to the film Collateral with it too.

Watch this short (but sped up) clip of the Los Angeles Gold Line. It shows LA in all its glory. I have to admit, its certainly got me psyched up for GTA V.

user posted image

So for the Los Santos Metro, do we:

A) Believe it will be included?
B) Want it to be included?

MrLuigi
  • MrLuigi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

user posted image

My friend found this by going frame-by-frame.. It looks like the raised railway in GTA IV.

allhailkingryan
  • allhailkingryan

Bellic Enterprises

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:26 PM Edited by allhailkingryan, 10 April 2012 - 12:29 PM.

QUOTE (MrLuigi @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 13:20)
user posted image

My friend found this by going frame-by-frame.. It looks like the raised railway in GTA IV.

What software do you need to look at videos frame by frame? I've got hours to waste.

EDIT: Thanks Mr Luigi smile.gif

MrLuigi
  • MrLuigi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

VLC Media player. Download the Quicktime version of the trailer and press 'E' to goto next frame. Enjoy. smile.gif

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (allhailkingryan @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 12:26)
user posted image

What software do you need to look at videos frame by frame? I've got hours to waste.

Its hard to make out but you could be right!

I surely hope so. The LA Metro has both light rail (Tram/Cablecar) and heavy rail (Subway). I hope both have been included.

As LA Noire has Streetcars with visible NPCs riding, and RDR allows the player to move around inside, I see no reason why they would not be included.

I just hope Rockstar includes both the Light and the Heavy forms of rail.

GTAViscool1
  • GTAViscool1

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 12:46)
QUOTE (allhailkingryan @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 12:26)
user posted image

Its hard to make out but you could be right!

I surely hope so. The LA Metro has both light rail (Tram/Cablecar) and heavy rail (Subway). I hope both have been included.

As LA Noire has Streetcars with visible NPCs riding, and RDR allows the player to move around inside, I see no reason why they would not be included.

I just hope Rockstar includes both the Light and the Heavy forms of rail.

It can be also a part of the freeway you see. The "track" is also going down.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Very true - it is too hard to tell. Its not as symbolic as the NYC Subway, so is unlikely (I would assume) to feature in the Trailers for GTA V as much as they Subway did in trailers for GTA IV.

I just feel public transport systems add real immersion to the living, breathing, city that Rockstar so aims for.

jdewaters
  • jdewaters

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 13:37)
Very true - it is too hard to tell. Its not as symbolic as the NYC Subway, so is unlikely (I would assume) to feature in the Trailers for GTA V as much as they Subway did in trailers for GTA IV.

I just feel public transport systems add real immersion to the living, breathing, city that Rockstar so aims for.

100% agreed about public transportation.

Replaying San Andreas, I'm really missing the ability to hop in a cab and get on the move lol...

Daniel4
  • Daniel4

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

There is one section of the trailer where you can see the pantographs (at 0:52... on the right, on the top of the cement wall).

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Well, I know that almost everyone here hate that GTA5Videos guy, but 3 days ago he posted something interesting related to railways.

user posted image

He finally found something by himself, without our indirect help.
If this is red building is really the Jefferson Motel from San Andreas, he's probably right. ()

Zeichef
  • Zeichef

Gambler

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (MrLuigi @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 12:20)
user posted image

I think you mean GTA V

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Zeichef @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 14:08)
QUOTE (MrLuigi @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 12:20)
user posted image

I think you mean GTA V

No.

Hmm, railway. to make the game complete, it should be in. Not because it is so 'awesome' to ride on it.
Driving your car on the tracks is more useful than using the subway itself.

Daniel4
  • Daniel4

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

And also in this picture taken from the Vehicle Database (on the left):

user posted image

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Daniel4 @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 14:15)
And also in this picture taken from the Vehicle Database (on the left):

user posted image

Good find Daniel!

Could they be for anything than a Train/Tram/Cable Car?

Daniel4
  • Daniel4

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'm pretty sure they're for a tram or a train

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Think you're right icon14.gif . Just hoping you can move around the cars and drive them. Hopefully both Subway and Trams will be included (as they are in real life).

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

no_chance
  • no_chance

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

GTAV

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

Finally R* should add trains/trams on free mode for once, as it would be cool travelling and getting chased by other players, but the train/tram is bulletproof and explosive proof

CantPauseToast
  • CantPauseToast

In a few weeks or so.

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (HeNDo6750 @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 23:12)
Finally R* should add trains/trams on free mode for once, as it would be cool travelling and getting chased by other players, but the train/tram is bulletproof and explosive proof

The reason that they weren't in Red Dead and GTA IV's online was due to their size as a physics object and the difficulty involved
in syncing it all up with multiple players. I hope that find a way around it in GTA V, because trains online would be amazing.

gabypoux
  • gabypoux

Surfin' bird

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

user posted image

user posted image

There you are smile.gif . With all the evidences we found, it's almost sure there will be public transportation in GTA V icon14.gif .

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:48 PM Edited by bud23, 11 April 2012 - 12:06 AM.

QUOTE (gabypoux @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 23:27)
user posted image

user posted image

There you are smile.gif . With all the evidences we found, it's almost sure there will be public transportation in GTA V icon14.gif .

Really?guau!!Like in gta IV, a game four years old!!I canīt believe this!!Thanks for the demostration. suicidal.gif

Please,for this we have the Trailer Analysis Official Thread
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=490646

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:27 AM Edited by HeNDo6750, 11 April 2012 - 09:29 AM.

QUOTE (CantPauseToast @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 23:19)
QUOTE (HeNDo6750 @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 23:12)

The reason that they weren't in Red Dead and GTA IV's online was due to their size as a physics object and the difficulty involved
in syncing it all up with multiple players. I hope that find a way around it in GTA V, because trains online would be amazing.

exactly as i would be dissapointed again if there weren't any trains in free mode, and not accessible. But if they are, then as soon as i join free mode, i will find a tram/train and shoot any other player who is trying to kill me. Oh and if there is you should be able to drive the tram/train like in SA at a higher speed than in storymode

GTAViscool1
  • GTAViscool1

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 23:48)
QUOTE (gabypoux @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 23:27)
user posted image

user posted image

Really?guau!!Like in gta IV, a game four years old!!I canīt believe this!!Thanks for the demostration. suicidal.gif

Please,for this we have the Trailer Analysis Official Thread
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=490646

This is a thread about the metros/trains noob

gtacrazyz
  • gtacrazyz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

its good when people find new things! biggrin.gif

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Since the electric lines are in place in the Trailer, it is reasonable to hope for the LA Metro.

I think that trains have been discussed in previous threads, but just to re-state here, the MetroLink or MetroRail is the diesel-powered train system ("heavy rail" as opposed to the LA Metro "light rail") that covers the wider area of So Cal and which would be more analogous to the Brown Streak in GTA-SA. I hope we can pilot that train. The two systems converge at Union Station, an iconic LA landmark that was in GTA-SA and surely will be included in GTAV.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

The subway in GTA IV bored the hell out of me, I'd rather use Taxis than that.

But I like this, hope it's included - I mean you can get a good view of the city from it I suppose.
I'd rather they just include a bus service too though.

Biggie Deaf
  • Biggie Deaf

Google me, baby...seriously.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Even though they are doing a complete revamp of Los Santos, if they include a "San Fransisco" like section of the city, trollys would be pretty awesome.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Buffalo Soldier @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 11:38)
The subway in GTA IV bored the hell out of me, I'd rather use Taxis than that.

But I like this, hope it's included - I mean you can get a good view of the city from it I suppose.
I'd rather they just include a bus service too though.

Yeah - the Subway could have been so much better tbh. But again, it could have been a technological issue. Rockstar presumably now have the technology to make trains more interactive to the player.

I hope the taxis return - hopefully we'll be able to ring taxis as well as flag them down at the side of the road.

The Bus idea is interesting. Rockstar did intend to include a bus service that may have been ridable in IV, complete with routes and everything. For whatever reason, it was removed. The Bus Depot and the stops themselves are of course still in. Hopefully this will be in V.

I hope they have both the light rail (Tram) and the heavy (Subway) - both convering at Rockstar's version of Union Station (Unity again?). Just adds so much more to the game to have transportation systems in place.

P.S. Did you watch the video clip of the Gold Line?

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

^ What I liked about the gold line is that it's a mix of traditional subway line and tram. If you analyse the train line in GTASA, you can notice that they tried to add them that time, but do to some development limitation, only traditional trains were added.

I hope those energy lines from the trailer aren't only for eye candy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users