Photo

Need Help with dyom :(

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic
Jesper93
  • Jesper93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:33 AM Edited by Jesper93, 10 April 2012 - 08:38 AM.

Hello people out there. Iam a big fan of making my own missions and when i first saw dyom i downloded it. But for me its so Hard to create my own mission becuse i have looked at every video tutorial and read all the tutorials i could find but i still doesent understand how to create my own missions. Now im gonna explain why.

First when i going to create my own mission i press Y after that its so god dam hard for me to understand what all the other things is called when you press Y though i have read the basic tutorial but that didnt helepd me so much. one thing i now how to do is how i make the actors in the mission shoot at me or just talk to me. and i now how to do cutscenes and checkpoints. But the rest its still a mysterium i have so manny good ideas on missions i want to create but most of them i have thrown away because i did'nt understand how i make my good idea come true. iam gonna if you help me out make a long mission funny and awsome.

so here is what i need help with

Understand how Everything works.

How i make my player go to a place and after the cutscene i want actors to shoot at me.

How i get actors to join me in the car.

how to hide an actor after the cutscene all i want there i to hide one actor and the rest of the actors is gonna shoot at me.

And also i want a car chase how do i do that?

i think that is all for now if you help me i will be so happy smile.gif ps i play Gta Sanandreas

Also im new making missions so its my first time

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

I would advise you to start making missions instead of just reading/ watching tutorials. They may be simple at first, but am sure that once you start making the missions, your missions will get better because of the practice and feedback from others. It's better to learn step by step than confusing yourself with learning so much at once.

How i make my player go to a place and after the cutscene i want actors to shoot at me.

Not sure what you mean, but you can use the teleport objective to teleport the player to another place.

How i get actors to join me in the car.

Set them to friend actors and keep their behavior as 'Must follow player'. Or you can spawn actors near a car and give them 'Sit/enter in car animation'

how to hide an actor after the
cutscene all i want there i to hide one actor and the rest of the actors is gonna shoot at me.

Go near the actor you want to hide. Select 'Actors' then 'Hide actor'.

And also i want a car chase how do i do that?

Add an enemy actor giving them 'Sit in car animation' then 'passenger seat' then you have to set the route points, i.e where you want the actor to drive.

But yeah, it would get much easier if you start with actually making the missions instead of just reading tutorials.

You can check out the DYOM Support Mega topic (Not trying to advertise, just helping. Link in my sig). I have compiled some useful topics there. Maybe one of them can help.

Good luck in learning DYOM and feel free to ask any questions you have. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users