Vehicle Paint-job Thoughts

9 replies to this topic
ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

Hello I am making a Vehicle and I plan to have a 2 tone paint job on it kinda like a 50's-60's car but I am not sure on how it should look, below are my first 2 rough ideas, please give me your opinions on them and even edit the images if you want to show me what you think would look good.

Thanks for looking.

user posted image

user posted image

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

Sorry for the crappy quality, but here's my suggestion:

Use the second one, and you can make the colors as such - Higher quality of course tounge.gif -:

user posted image

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, the only reason the colours are Pink & Green are that is how the Modeling Software interprets the CarCols Colour 1 and 2, Primary Colour is Green and Secondary is Pink, then when In Game you see the Colours as Rendered by Entries in CarCols.DAT

I was actually hoping some people might edit the style of how the two colours are, I see you have added a Stripe down the side perhaps that might work.

KrinkinOnline
  • KrinkinOnline

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:09 AM Edited by KrinkinOnline, 10 April 2012 - 10:11 AM.

Nice. I'm liking the 2 tone colour. For it to seem more natural and fitting for the theme your trying to reach (50s/60s) The colours should compliment each other but should be dark/light. So maybe white/brown or blue/light brown. I'll look around on the internet and find some examples of these types of cars. I've got some more modern cars I'd like to see in SOL.

user posted image
This is an example of the car your trying to make. Yeah it is a water painting but it will still help.

user posted image
This is a car I'd like to see in SOL.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

We are not doing real life cars in SOL, but perhaps I might be able to make that Merc by Modernizing the Admiral.

KrinkinOnline
  • KrinkinOnline

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

What I meant was a car in that style. So something that resembles a Merc or a Ferrari.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

I have finished the basics of the Car and now just have to modify the Paintjob if necessary.

user posted image

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

I would move it so it ends at the very bottom corner instead of halfway down it, and starts its curve at the back pillar instead of on the door - but that's just me. tounge.gif You should also get the lower part of the panels like the door, they look kinda funny considering the front is 100% [sec].

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 07:32)
I would move it so it ends at the very bottom corner instead of halfway down it, and starts its curve at the back pillar instead of on the door - but that's just me. tounge.gif You should also get the lower part of the panels like the door, they look kinda funny considering the front is 100% [sec].

Thanks for the Reply, I am actually planning to replace the [prim] [sec] setup as the one used on the car is the Setup used for the Oceanic.
It just does not look right the way it is in game, so I will see how your idea works.

I am also thinking of Names so if you think of something do post it here.

mirak
  • mirak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Maybe you can add a chromed separation line between the 2 colors just like in old Chevy's Bel Air or some Impalas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users