» «
Photo

So its been a 4 years...

77 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:38 PM Edited by Official General, 03 July 2012 - 05:48 PM.

GTA IV

Most Memorable Moments ? - The Three Leaf Clover mission, exploring the streets of Broker for the first time, The strip club shoot-out in Bohan, The fake gay date hitman mission, The Jamaican Heat mission (the first time I used the Glock 9mm), the McCreary funeral shoot-out with the Albanians, and making a choice between killing Dwayne or Playboy X. Also, the Bahama Mama nightclub mission in TBOGT, that was crazy and mad fun!

Favorite Features ? - The amazingly detailed, stunning graphics and visual effects. The realistic shooting physics, eg. the bullet-holes in solid material and glass and the crisp, clear sound of gunfire. The in-game internet system. The subway train and taxi cab systems. The very realistically portrayed different environments, eg. like very rough, dangerous-looking areas like the Firefly Projects, Beechwood City and South Bohan to the very nice, luxury downtown Algonquin or leafy suburbs of Alderney.

Favorite In The Series ? - No way. For me, my favorite GTA still has to be Vice City, I loved everything about that game, it just had it all. My second favorite GTA is closely followed by San Andreas, and that too was incredible. GTA IV comes right after those two. I still really like GTA IV, but my experience with VC and SA was much better. I'd give VC 10/10 and SA a 9.5/10 in scores.

Overall Rating Out Of 10 ? - GTA IV was a great game, but it definitely did not deserve the 10 out of 10 scores it received from many reviewers when it was first released. It had too many flaws and missing features for it to get a 10, so GTA IV did not meet my full expectations and I felt a little bit let down, because I was so hyped for it. However, if you include the Episodes (GTA IV Complete Edition) that made the whole experience of IV much better. So my ratings would be:

GTA IV - 8.5/10 and GTA IV + Episodes - 9/10

GTA V

Future Expectations ? - I would expect GTA V to live up to my high expectations this time around, because I hope Rockstar would have learnt from the significant mistakes and flaws they made with GTA IV. Plus Red Dead Redemption has shown that Rockstar have thought more about including very good features and this gives me optimism.

Future Dream ? - I want a huge and very detailed Los Santos, and a very huge map overall like the one in San Andreas. I want to be able to spend money on vast variety of things and create my own criminal empire of wealth and power. I want an interesting, deep, but exciting storyline and lots of crazy, but realistic action. I want to have dealings with all kinds of the biggest, baddest and most dangerous gangs, drug cartels etc. I'm not too bothered about Multiplayer.

Impressed Or Let Down Slightly ? - The trailer has gradually impressed me as time as gone by since it first came out. I like the look and feel of V so far from what I have seen, and the trailer certainly has got me excited. The fact that we see three different guys who be possible protagonists, has got even more excited with anticipation. The GTA V is ONLY game I'm looking forward to this year. My only slight concern is that Los Santos did not look so big in the trailer, but its only a trailer, so I'm not about criticize just yet.

Overall GTA V trailer Rating Out Of 10 ? - Right now, I'd give it a 7/10. I liked it a lot, but I need to see more than what I saw to get me even more excited.

Great idea for a topic, so refreshing to comment in a topic that is actually worth commenting on! icon14.gif

Neo Arcadia
  • Neo Arcadia

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

GTA IV

Most Memorable Moment(s)?
The entire first part.

Favorite Features?
Multiplayer.

Favorite In The Series?
No, VC and SA were better. Imo III, despite being widely inferior to IV overall, had a better atmosphere too.

Overall IV Rating Out Of 10?
7/10.

GTA V

Future Expectations?
The return of nearly all features and vehicles that were missing from IV...

Future Dream?
Exploration. There's nothing quite like first setting foot in a GTA world you're completely unfamiliar with; it's a truly magical experience that comes once in a blue moon.

Impressed Or Let Down Slightly?
Impressed so far, though the heavy implication that LS is the only city is kind of a letdown.

Overall GTA V Trailer#1 Rating Out Of 10?
10/10.

Carmelo
  • Carmelo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:02 PM Edited by Carmelo, 02 May 2012 - 09:06 PM.

GTA IV

Many. Just driving around certain areas of Liberty City at dusk listening to Fusion FM. At times the lighting would have me in awe, especially when the sun is setting and the game time goes from early evening to nightfall. Driving around while at the same time trying to take in the scenery, was incredible. Another moment would be driving across the Algonguin Bridge at night in a Comet when it's pissing it down with rain. The roads would be so wet the lighting on the bridge would reflect in the roads and it would just look insane, very atmospheric.

Favorite Features?
The cover system/shooting. A lot of people criticise it, why?? I have no idea, I thought it was easy to use, smooth and very satisfying. The shooting mechanics as well, smooth and VERY satisfying.
Also the driving, again many people had a problem with the driving. At first I was one of those people, took a fair bit of time to get used to. But once I did I realised that the driving was one of the biggest improvements from the last generation of GTA titles. My thing with people that complained about driving is that I doubt they ever gave it a chance or took time to get used to it and played the whole of IV expecting the cars to handle how they did in VC, San Andreas, III etc. Once again a very satisfying improvement imo.

Favorite In The Series?
Hard question, every GTA title brought something unique to the table and had something that made them great games of their own. The wow factor and dark gritty feel of GTA III, the nostalgic trip back to the 80's with VC, the sheer epic scale of San Andreas and the great transition to next generation consoles that IV had. It's hard to pick a favourite. However if a gun was held to my head and I had no alternative to pick, It's likely I'd go with San Andreas.

A very firm 9.9 out of 10.

GTA V

Future Expectations?

I hope it does, Rockstar ALWAYS deliver, especially with GTA. However, I do feel that sometimes we may be expecting a little too much, especially when reading through peoples wishlists. Don't get me wrong I'm sure Rockstar will include many things that people are hoping for but at the same time I also think many things that people want in the game WONT be included. Just something to keep in mind with regards to expectations.

Future Dream?
All sorts, from the trailer it looks like the map will be quite diverse, so this should make for some good exploration and mission variety. I'm interested about the angle they're going for this time around. "the pursuit of the almighty dollar" sounds like money will play a very important role in the game, more so than ever before (which is only right as the biggest complaint people had about IV was having sh*t loads of cash but nothing to spend it on) So I'm guessing theres gonna be some sort of an in game economy which gives the game masses of gameplay potential. Hopefully we get to experience having riches and also being poor. Also looking forward to new vehicles and just driving around LS taking in the in game scenery.

I thought the trailer was great, defo had me in awe when I first watched. Looking back, nothing that special happened in the trailer, I think it was just seeing footage of a new GTA title after having waited so long. The scenery of the location in the trailer was very impressive (mountains etc.) but it defo left more questions than answers, hopefully the second trailer has some answers for us, which I'm sure it will.

I didn't really expect anything tbh, because it was so out of the blue. But it defiantly got me in the mood for the game, however that was 6 months ago now and we still haven't heard anything else so my hype factor has died own a bit, but I'm pretty sure it will go right back up again with the second trailer.

Colonel Cuddles
  • Colonel Cuddles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

GTA IV

What is your favorite memorable moments from playing IV?

There are a few: the opening sequence, followed by the introduction of Roman, then driving to the ďmansionĒ served as a very nice introduction to the game; meeting and becoming friends with Jacob; the choice of having Ivan live or die; seeing Algonquin up close for the first time; the whole Liberty Tree storyline; the museum sequence; To Live and Die in Alderney; and the finale was pretty awesome.

Favorite Features?
What was your favorite IV features e.g Physics?

Iím fond of whistling for taxis, getting drunk, watching TV and surfing the internet. But in GTA IV I quite liked the horrific car crashes, ragdoll physics during those crashes, and the living, breathing element of the setting.

Favorite In The Series?
Did you prefer IV to previous titles? e.g Vice City, San Andreas etc...?

I find it difficult to compare them. They all have their strengths and minor weaknesses, and I have enjoyed them all for different reasons. Having said that, GTA IV wouldnít be my absolute favourite, although choosing what that would be is a challenge in itself.

Did it exceed your initial expectations?

As with every GTA title, it did indeed exceed my expectations. Then again, I keep my expectations on a very limited scale. Out of ten, Iíd be hard-pushed not to give it a solid eight. Very few games in general score a nine for me. Iíve never played a ten.

GTA V

Future Expectations?
From playing IV post hype, do you expect V to live up to your expectations?

Not only do I expect GTA V to live up to my expectations (although these are limited; see previous answer), but Iíll guarantee my expectations will be exceeded in quite a few areas. Rockstar have a good history for doing this for me.

Future Dream?
What do you want most to do in V e.g Story, Exploration, Multiplayer etc...

I really couldnít care much about multiplayer as I am not the kind of gamer for that aspect to have much importance in my enjoyment of a game. The story and script are pretty important for me, but Iím realistic enough to know that games still have quite a way to go before the narrative stands up as a particularly involving and important element in a game. Iím looking forward to tweaks in the gameplay and new features to explore. A great map and a solid execution of gameplay and level design excite me most at the moment.

Did the trailer do it for you, are you excited and eager for this game most of all upcoming titles?

The trailer was impressive and Iím looking forward to the next one. It revealed just enough about the setting to keep me interested, with a lot of information packed into it at the same time. The mood and atmosphere evoked are plus points for me. A very balanced trailer, albeit lacking in solid information for most people for some reason.

The trailer was a seven out of ten for me. It could have revealed a little more about the character/s, but that would probably have ruined things with this amount of time between information. It hit the mark well considering it has been so long since we havenít heard any updates, so I canít complain there. As for any initial expectations I had, before the reveal of the trailer being however many days away, it exceeded mine. Thatís probably because I understand how secretive Rockstar like to be, and in this respect I feel they revealed a hell of a lot in that first trailer. Thatís all I got.

Nice idea for a topic GtaVComments!

neo92boi
  • neo92boi

Agent is still coming to PS4....

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

GTA IV

Driving by the Monoglobe in Meadows Park and reflecting on its grace, I live in Flushing in real life and when the US Open tournament starts in late August the fountains come on around the Unisphere in Flushing Meadows Park, just wish they had Shae Stadium or Citi Field..... sad.gif

Favorite Features?
Cover, Real Free Aim

Favorite In The Series?
NO! IV is 3rd in my fav, for me its SA,VC,IV,III

8/10

GTA V

Future Expectations?
Every good aspect of IV without the bad....with a f*ckton' more...really hard to be specific, but I expect it to literally make me jizz from its massive corrections and beauty in the game.

Future Dream?
The feeling...you know that feeling, driving down a street in Bone County cruising past a squad car, unleashing some hot sh!t in his window leading to a high speed chase down the imitation 110, shaking the stars and heading to my safe house to change clothes and relax.....basically it being a well executed GTA...

IM HYPE!!! It looks more promising than ever though I wish it looked like the iCE enhacer... cool.gif

10^100k/10

andivegito
  • andivegito

Just ignore the bodies...

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

GTA IV

Most Memorable Moments
The Mission after Roman's wedding, the variation where Kate dies, act remember what it's called.
The bank heist misson, freaking epic and awesome.

Favorite Features
I must say the physics are one of my favorite features.
The cover system, it was about time for one.

Favorite In The Series
Maybe, I do miss Vice City however.

Overall IV Rating Out Of 10
8/10

GTA V

Future Expectations
I expect it will be epic and completely blow IV out the water, the trailer looked freakin' awesome, and I know R* won't disappoint.

Future Dream
Three things: Explore, Customization and gripping story.

Impressed Or Let Down Slightly
It impressed me, looks like good things await us, only time will tell and I can't wait, seriously, let it be here now... ugh..

Overall GTA V Trailer#1 Rating Out Of 10
9.5/10

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

GTA IV

Hard to say, maybe the beginning and the end. Oh and four leaf clover

Favorite Features?
The stories seriousness.

Favorite In The Series?
Yes! I prefer GTA IV's gritty and serious side. And plus GTA IV overall, had more things to do.

9.5/10.

GTA V

Future Expectations?
I think it shall fill my expectations, except for maybe one or two, but hey nothing is perfect.

Future Dream?
Tough decision between exploration and story. As much as I want a great big map with interesting locations, I want a fantastic story filled with dramatic and intense moments.

Impressed, but there is still a couple of things that I noticed in the trailer, which I would like to change.

8.5/10.

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

GTA IV

Executing Vlad (Never seen anything like it in a GTA game before), The Construction Yard shootout was immense, the Jail Mission in TLAD and also the dancing from TBoGT blush.gif

Favorite Features?
Vehicles, each had their own uniqueness.

Favorite In The Series?
Maybe San Andreas for the fun factor, but for the acutal game IV all the way.

8/10

GTA V

Future Expectations?
I expect Los Santos to be a living, breathing, interacting world that won't get boring quickly, both in SP and MP.

Future Dream?

I wasn't let down at all because the trailer answered so many questions (even as it created more questions). Plus the features we got to see in the trailer like the landscape and peole etc looked amazing, in my opinion.

9/10. Not quite perfect because there was no release date tounge.gif Still mint though.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 02:44)
GTA IV

Q: Most Memorable Moment(s)?
A: Roman Death (so sad)

Then you should have chosen the revenge-ending, in which Roman does not die.

BobbyDeacs
  • BobbyDeacs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

GTA IV

The atmosphere, the noises and vibe of the City, the rail station tannoys etc, the attention to detaill.

Favorite Features?
The physics were a massive improvement apart from the terrible car handling - the one thing they could not afford to get wrong. Combat improved, but still annoying when you're nearly dead and got 20 more goons to kill with no recovery options, so still old hat. The original "Getaway" had the perfect system with no medipaks, why have so few adopted this since.

Favorite In The Series?
1) Vice City was the best - every mission a parody of America, nothing done without a laugh in mind... those endless ramp jumps just to project a pair of titties onto a skyscraper, Sir-Yes-Sir, you can call me Martha!!
2) then GTA III - the original playground, mind-blowing at the time
3) then San Andreas, so much to do, still funny, raised the bar but maybe lost a tiny bit of the charm
4) GTA IV sorted out most of the annoying features of the other games, but forgot to make it interesting and fun

Never been so disappointed in my life. Seemed like the court case took the heart-and-soul out of Rockstar. Comedy was forced and weak, "Brucie", the "Gay guy" running like a girl - for Pete's sake!!

GTA V

Future Expectations?
Mixed, they've let us down once, but that's it so far. Unfortunately, you're only as good as your last game. The video looked pretty impressive, so got me going a bit.

Future Dream?
Lazlow to not be a sad guy (Chatterbox FM funniest radio station ever!), recovery during combat without medikits, British humour written by some talented comedy writers, a really good story that sucks you in, some "interesting" characters and not too repetitive tasks, ability to fly between Los Santos and Liberty City and the game to take place over the two (Blu-ray capacity would easily cope with 2 cities on one disc so why not). That would do me.

Did the trailer do it for you, are you excited and eager for this game most of all upcoming titles?
It's still the game I anticipate the most, I will buy it but "once-bitten, twice shy" for me. I won't wait for reviews, everyone raves about everything these days. Inflation and general acceptance of blandness has ruined objectiveness - "Not Bad" has become "Amazing", "Crap" has become "Awesome", a "C" grade A-Level has become an "A"grade....., can't trust what you read any more at all, so I'll buy it again, once!

It promised a return to form, gave me hope that there might still be the odd good video game left in this declining Industry. Industries, like music for example, start to go into decline when people with suits tell the people with the talent what to do for them. Let's hope Take-Two trust their talent more this time.

Biggie Deaf
  • Biggie Deaf

Google me, baby...seriously.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

My first fist fight that I lost. Every GTA I have ever played I always picked a fight with a NPC and won. During the first free time that you get in IV, I fought "Red Hoodie," and lost. He actually chased me down and killed me. Ever since that moment, I knew that IV was going to be a great game.

Favorite Features?

Europha (sp?). The first game I expeirenced that placed every object in the game with weight. When I wrapped my money green Infernus around the tree and it actually had the indention on the passenger side...priceless. This game made it to the point where you could not wreck the same car in the same way. The cover system, the driving physics are also my favorite.

Favorite In The Series?

Naw, GTA III. If III didn't take the first step into the 3D era, there would not be an open world sandbox genre that tries to beat GTA.

10. There isn't a GTA that in my book didn't receive a lesser score.

GTA V

Future Expectations?

To beat the sh*t out of GTA IV. I wouldn't mind giving GTA V a 14 outta 10.

Future Dream?

To take the best and most popular features and items off of the past GTA's and a offical wishlist and impliment them into this game. Story, Exploration, and Multiplayer I love. Just make them better.

Every time a new GTA is announced, I am excited and eager.

10. Yes, it did, because it showed that they are not just announcing the game, they are well into development.

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

MUFC Champions 2012/13!!!

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Decided to dig this back up again seeing as how more members have joined & may have missed their input. Thanks to everyone who's replied so far btw, interesting to read.

PS: CAN A MOD PERHAPS CHANGED THE THREAD NAME? I accidentally put an "a" in the thread name by mistake. Would be much appreciated thanks icon14.gif

vick9209
  • vick9209

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

GTA IV

Finding some bugs/glitches

Favorite Features?
Multiplayer

Favorite In The Series?
San Andreas

7/10.. I was really disappointed that there's no airplanes

GTA V

Future Expectations?
I hope it lives up to me expectations

Future Dream?
I think exploration in multiplayer

It looks amazing, I'm impressed

9/10

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

GTA IV

The incredible atmosphere of the living city, the amazing amount of details, the graphics, the story (only first half, after that it went downhill imo), the humor and of course the physics!

Favorite Features?
The gameplay, the characters, the multiplayer and again the physics!

Favorite In The Series?
1. San Andreas in terms of open world and activity and fun
2. IV + EFLC (see above)
After that they all are on a pair: III, Vice City and other spinoffs

Exceeded my exceptation in a few spots, but overall it didn't. Still a masterpiece.
9,5/10

GTA V

Future Expectations?
This time it will be more amazing and probably will exceed my exceptations as well. Also it should contain the most important features from San Andreas and prior titles which were lacking in IV. Including airplanes and coutryside which are already returning!

Future Dream?
Everything else.

Very, very impressed.

9,7/10
After rewatching it for many, many times: 9,2/10

ToTheWorld
  • ToTheWorld

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

GTA IV

I would have to say the most memorable moment that springs to mind right now would be the first time I went onto the actual beach in [i]Hove Beach[/]. It was just beginning to get dark when I parked my car up and stepped out onto the sand. I looked up and stopped in absolute amazement as I looked over the river to see Broker Bridge leading over to Algonquin and then seeing the skyline of the city lit up in all it's glory.

Favorite Features?
The new physics were a wonderful addition, especially the driving - I couldn't believe how much of a fun improvement it was. I loved driving the 4x4's on the beach at the top of Alderney, especially driving through the small inlet with the rocks in it. I was messing around there recently and kept imagining how amazing it will be to off-road in V with the new physics.

The new Liberty City had me awestruck as well, you can't leave it out of being one of the best features.

Favorite In The Series?

IV was my favourite in the series because it was such a massive leap forward in terms of pretty much everything. It's closely followed by San Andreas, I have to admit that it was almost more fun to explore in that than it was in IV.

9. Nothings perfect but for me this came pretty damn close.

GTA V

Future Expectations?

I believe it will, Rockstar has never let me down with a game yet. I imagine they will be taking V very seriously!

Future Dream?

Explore the new world! I can't wait to get out into the country in a 4x4 and go exploring the forests.

The trailer was extremely exciting. It's strange to admit but the new screenshots excited me more just because it's been so long since we've had some new information to sink our teeth into.

8. I would have liked to see more of the countryside but I understand they wouldn't want to show off everything at once.

GTAVKing
  • GTAVKing

Breaking bad= Best show ever

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

GTA IV:
1. The physics i really loved jumping out of helicopters and crashing to te ground.
2. Definately the misions.
3. GTA 4 is my favorite
4. 10/10

GTA V:
1. Definitely
2. Exploring the wilderness and playing freee roam with my mates.
3. Iam Pretty impressed so far, the map looks like it's gonna be really huge, lots of planes are gonna be in, there will be a solid story line and the graphics are extremely better than gta 4.
4. 10/10

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:33 AM Edited by AndreyK, 04 September 2013 - 08:36 AM.

GTA IV

Saving Roman from the warehouse. The first time I played the game, I couldn't combat to save my mother's life.

Favorite Features?
The internets.

Favorite In The Series?
I prefered GTA IV. I will probably prefer GTA V once it comes out.

At first I was expecting another GTA game, just with better graphics. 9/10.

GTA V

Future Expectations?
Quite a lot.

Future Dream?
Exploring the countryside on a bike.

Really impressed and pumped. 11 days, playa!

I liked it and it looked to have a unique vibe. Compare it to newer trailers, however, it looks very unfinished and lacks polish. 8/10, 1 point for the initial shock.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

GTA IV

The very first scene where Niko arrives, and the guy standing beside him says something like "Liberty City Land of opportunities". The whole intro, the music and the Platypus... the whole thing was pretty awesome.

Favorite Features?

Driving, internet, tv shows

Favorite In The Series?

San Andreas

9/10. It was a great game but had nothing interesting to do after the storyline. MP was okay.

GTA V

Future Expectations?

Hopefully it will be better than all previous GTA titles. And hopefully it will have a happy ending. Im sick of depressing/sad endings to games.

Future Dream?

Hoping MP will be supported by Rockstar for a long time, and they take care of all the hackers.

REALLY impressed, I dont think I have ever been this excited for a video game before.

10/10. Starting dialogue ("Why did I move here?") still sounds as awesome as it did the first time. Loved the music and like the fact that the city is colourful this time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users