Photo

Carbine Rifle Accuracy, Automatic and "Semi-Auto"

3 replies to this topic
tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

I've played and beat GTA IV, TLaD, and TBoGT, but as of lately - I've felt like playing GTA IV again (I prefer vanilla games over DLC's) - until GTA V comes out I reckon.

But anyway, I like using the Carbine Rifle. I've experienced accuracy problems using the gun; I'll be aiming at a cop or someone and be shooting at them, but very rarely is it that any of my shots make contact.

So I started shooting the Rifle as a Semi-Automatic... if you know what I mean. I pull and release the RT button rapidly. My results are satisfactory. Nearly every shot is 100% accurate, and very rarely does it miss (I cannot recall a time when it did). I suspect it does this because the gun is programmed to have very high accuracy to begin with, and decrease dramatically as you shoot it.

I was wondering if anyone else found this semi-automatic shooting useful or anything.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:45 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 09 April 2012 - 08:47 PM.

Semi-automatic, or in other words tap shooting, is already known by the majority of the players, works for every weapon, including the UZI, but It's abused in Multiplayer by players who use Turbo Controllers for shooting out the whole clip in 1 second (luckily never went up against a single one)

If you tap fast enough, you can shoot faster than the weapon shoots on full auto, because the reticule instantly shrinks back to original size no matter what weapon. It was different in San Andreas, and it was better back then.

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

Semi-automatic, or in other words tap shooting, is already known by the majority of the players, works for every weapon, including the UZI, but It's abused in Multiplayer by players who use Turbo Controllers for shooting out the whole clip in 1 second (luckily never went up against a single one)

If you tap fast enough, you can shoot faster than the weapon shoots on full auto, because the reticule instantly shrinks back to original size no matter what weapon. It was different in San Andreas, and it was better back then.

Oh, well sorry for posting.

People who use physical ways of cheating (like the Turbo Controllers you mentioned) are annoying. They're practically cheating, and then believing they're actually good at the game.

I've played San Andreas, but forgot how it was.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Yea, I agree with you.

In San Andreas, the reticule slowly shrinks instead of instantly like in IV. Another good thing is that you can't tap shoot faster than the gun. Don't know why R* screwed us with a sh*ttier system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users