Quantcast

» «
Photo

Can I do these things with native script?

12 replies to this topic
playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

There's a few things I would like to be able to do by modifying the native script, so without doing any .ini sh*t.

Just three mods. Modifying player mass, like making the player weight 900 tons so when I run into a car, it it thrown across the street, doing 1st person view, which hopefully can be done with the native script, and then making explosive projectiles. So normal bullets explode on impact.

These seem like possible things. If anyone know how I could do it, please let me know! thanks

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

GTA:IV scripter

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Change player mass: I don't know how to do this, sorry. I think it's hard-coded.

1st person view: already made, search on google or gtagarage smile.gif. You'd best use C++ scripthook or .Net scripthook if you wanted to make this, though.

Bullets explode on impact: edit weaponinfo.xml (sorry, don't know a whole lot about that). Have a look on the wiki: gtamodding.com.
Or... hook internal functions, find bullet impact, create explosion (very time-consuming and hard, but awesome if you get it to work ^^).

Hope this helps.

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (thaCURSEDpie @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 13:26)
Change player mass: I don't know how to do this, sorry. I think it's hard-coded.

1st person view: already made, search on google or gtagarage smile.gif. You'd best use C++ scripthook or .Net scripthook if you wanted to make this, though.

Bullets explode on impact: edit weaponinfo.xml (sorry, don't know a whole lot about that). Have a look on the wiki: gtamodding.com.
Or... hook internal functions, find bullet impact, create explosion (very time-consuming and hard, but awesome if you get it to work ^^).

Hope this helps.

Looks like the only thing I will be able to do is first person view, as I want this all to be done with scripts only. no weapon.xml modifying. Thanks tho.

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

GTA:IV scripter

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

If you use my StructEdit mod, you can edit the weapon-parameters in-game. Though that was more meant to support weaponinfo.xml modding. There are some functions in there to do it programmatically, but I never got around to documenting them and making them really useable. If you really want this, you could have a look at the source (https://github.com/t...Dpie/StructEdit) and try to understand how it works. You could also modify the sourcecode to make it work for you smile.gif.

And with regards to the FPS mod: why would you want to make that if it's already made? Just as an exercise? tounge.gif.

Pretty much anything can be done through scripts and without changing files (apart from changing textures and such), but it takes some time reversing the game.

Fantaseb
  • Fantaseb

One Nation, One Love, But Who? ;)

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (playaindahood @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 14:09)

Hope this helps.

Looks like the only thing I will be able to do is first person view, as I want this all to be done with scripts only. no weapon.xml modifying. Thanks tho.

So let me get this right you want you guns to shoot rockets from your guns like this?

Well send me your weaponfile.xml for whatever version you are using and I will do it, for offline/online play smile.gif

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Fantaseb @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 16:12)

Hope this helps.

So let me get this right you want you guns to shoot rockets from your guns like this?

Well send me your weaponfile.xml for whatever version you are using and I will do it, for offline/online play smile.gif

I'm afraid i'm not talking about rockets being produced. I want an effect similar to the explosive sniper rifle cheat in BOGT, but for original GTA 4, and can be produced by a script.

nothing having to do with the weaponinfo.xml.

@thaCURSEDpie, I messaged you, explaining what I'm doing with this scripting method. So it's not about challenging myself.

Fantaseb
  • Fantaseb

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (playaindahood @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 20:37)

Hope this helps.

I'm afraid i'm not talking about rockets being produced. I want an effect similar to the explosive sniper rifle cheat in BOGT, but for original GTA 4, and can be produced by a script.

@thaCURSEDpie, I messaged you, explaining what I'm doing with this scripting method. So it's not about challenging myself.

You don't need scripts to do that, just make the gun shoot rockets, slow down projectile rate, and make a new explosion in that explosion file, trust me bro I am from the xbox modding scene we where doing this stuff with guns before you guys knew how to alot of things.

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Fantaseb @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 03:04)

Hope this helps.

You don't need scripts to do that, just make the gun shoot rockets, slow down projectile rate, and make a new explosion in that explosion file, trust me bro I am from the xbox modding scene we where doing this stuff with guns before you guys knew how to alot of things.

No, because if I do that, then the projectiles will not be accurate. they will bounce off sh*t, and I do not want the rate to be slower. I need an explosion produced on the exact position where there is a bullet hit.

Fantaseb
  • Fantaseb

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (playaindahood @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 03:29)

Hope this helps.

No, because if I do that, then the projectiles will not be accurate. they will bounce off sh*t, and I do not want the rate to be slower. I need an explosion produced on the exact position where there is a bullet hit.

I wish I had that Tutorial to explain, later tommorow I will do a weap.xml for you with the guns like that, or I will paste it and you can modify you weap.xml file for it

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Fantaseb @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 23:01)

Hope this helps.

I wish I had that Tutorial to explain, later tommorow I will do a weap.xml for you with the guns like that, or I will paste it and you can modify you weap.xml file for it

I can't use the weapon.xml file though. it's patched and there has not been a bypass yet.

Fantaseb
  • Fantaseb

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (playaindahood @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 01:08)

Hope this helps.

I can't use the weapon.xml file though. it's patched and there has not been a bypass yet.

I will make a video and upload to Youtube on how to bypass that, I was part of the X360 modding scene, we bypassed all these files within 10minutes of a patch.

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Fantaseb @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 17:14)
QUOTE (playaindahood @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 01:08)

Hope this helps.

I will make a video and upload to Youtube on how to bypass that, I was part of the X360 modding scene, we bypassed all these files within 10minutes of a patch.

uhhhh. wow. well I just messaged you. also, I would make the video private. people like to abuse the hell out of those mods and spam rockets everywhere.

iSmokeMeth
  • iSmokeMeth

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:55 PM Edited by iSmokeMeth, 17 April 2012 - 04:01 AM.

returning the targeted ped u will have to figure out but probably 10 different ways u could

CODE
//place in a tick method
if ((Player.Character.Weapons.CurrentType == Weapons.BasicSniperRifle || Player.Character.Weapons.CurrentType == Weapons.SniperRifle_M40A1) &&
    GTA.Native.Function.Call<bool>("HAS_CHAR_BEEN_DAMAGED_BY_CHAR", targetedPed, Player.Character))
{
   World.AddExplosion(targetedPed.Position);
}

this is not tested and probably needs some changes but u CAN do what u want with a script and leave xml files alone, u could even toggle the script to be active when u want, so editing files the game loads to memory would require you to exit out and mess with moving files around... anyways i can already see some bugs that need squashing with my code but regardless u can see it is possible if u get creative

also u can mod player mass, just script what u want to happen to car if it hits niko or something, make him proof to all damage when a car is in range to hit him and record collisions and add explosion or apply force to car when it hits you. You probably need to know a thing or two about vector math to apply force in the direction u want

scripting isnt tough but being creative is the difficult part because u can literally do anything u want if u think hard enough, that's why i love coding and am addicted to scripting for gta, possibilities are almost limitless ;D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users