Photo

Two things that held this game back...

22 replies to this topic
starfishswag
  • starfishswag

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

... from being the best GTA IV game (Original or Episode).

1. Having only one safehouse... If they could of given you a safehouse in Westdyke, or somewhere to show that Tony and Luis were doing well after the completed missions would of been great, nothing's wrong with Northwood, since in GTA IV I have my saves in the Penthouse, but a few more safehouses would of been nice.

2. Not having to take a girlfriend/friend out to bowling, strip clubs or anywhere else. It gained a few decent stuff like the rolls, maserati and Maisonette 9, but also lost a few things on the way, I don't understand why it they left that out.

Tony Prince was my favourite non-playable character and Luis was my favourite playable character in GTA IV.

Sorry I just do this write up now, I completed BoTG yesterday and I'm on my last mission in GTA IV.

doublehelix
  • doublehelix

Unbalanced

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Another safe house would've been nice, but tbh after completing IV a few times I never want to go bowling ever again. In real life or in a game.

The best thing about it for me was the music, weapons and the multiplayer mode. And some of the crazy OTT missions.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Having only one house isn't really that big a deal though. Apart from roleplay it really isn't a big part of the game. And Luis didn't have any reason to move, he was happy living uptown near the hood because it's where he came from. It's said numerous times that he isn't caught up in the rich lifestyle. So he didn't need to have another house, whereas Niko and Roman were forced to keep moving, because they were on the run.

It actually works out better anyway for Luis. Despite having only one house, Luis can store more vehicles than Niko. You can store 2 vehicles at all of Niko's safehouses (and the Lost MC clubhouse, and Johnney's house) while playing TBOGT.

As for the friend thing. I believe people complained about it being too persistent in GTA IV, and it became annoying. However you can take Henrique and Armando out, and you can do about 5 different activities before they ask you to take them home. So you get the option to take them anywhere you want, instead of asking in the phone menu - I think it works better to be honest. Luis doesn't have proper girlfriends because I belive that's just the type of character he is, he isn't portrayed to be the relationship type.

So what you are saying is holding the game back, is actually nothing but realism on R*'s part.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Lack of multiplayer modes that could of been unique to this game , with the added weapons and parachutes involved.

The Lost and Damned had biker modes, why couldn't this have some OTT mp modes too confused.gif

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Having one safe house and no real girlfriends sets Luis apart from the other protagonists. He's the only one who never changes where he lives in the story. His female relationships are only about sex. He doesn't change. His story is mainly putting out other people's fires.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

I don't understand why there's less to spend money on than GTA IV. R* could've added a couple of new clothing stores. I would've much preferred that than the over use of the parachute

The real hold back IMO is Luis. I can't stand his womanzing "I think I'm the sh*t" personality. confused.gif

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 08:33)

The real hold back IMO is Luis. I can't stand his womanzing "I think I'm the sh*t" personality. confused.gif

His confidence is his swag smile.gif

I've only just begun this game and quite like Luis. A very fresh change from Johnny K., for better or worse.

GrandTheftAuto 5SA
  • GrandTheftAuto 5SA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

I don't understand why there's less to spend money on than GTA IV. R* could've added a couple of new clothing stores. I would've much preferred that than the over use of the parachute

It's pretty refreshing comparing how depressing johnny and niko were

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

For mission replay, they should of allowed us to view the cut scene before we replayed the mission.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (GrandTheftAuto 5SA @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 02:31)

Luis whined a lot, and in turn it makes me dislike him more because he should appreciate how good he has it compared to Niko or Johnny.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Its ridiculous how loyal Luis was to his idiot friends A and H. There was literally nothing stopping him from telling them to stop f*cking with him and he'd just happily go to jail for them.

Furthermore, he has no influence in the plot. Tony could have hired anybody to be his bodyguard and Luis just happened to get the job. If Tony didn't hire Luis, we'd probably be playing as some other guy and the plot would mostly go unchanged.

What really held TBOGT were the retard characters. IV and TLAD had joke characters here and there but TBOGT consisted purely of joke characters. Mori, Bulgarin, Yusef, A and H, Evan. F*ck, its about stupid people doing stupid things. The only interesting character is Tony. Hell, playing as a more hardcore Tony would have worked out much better then Luis, the twit.

Puto Bendejo
  • Puto Bendejo

motorcycle maniac

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:08 AM Edited by Puto Bendejo, 21 April 2012 - 04:12 AM.

QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 03:19)
Its ridiculous how loyal Luis was to his idiot friends A and H. There was literally nothing stopping him from telling them to stop f*cking with him and he'd just happily go to jail for them.

Furthermore, he has no influence in the plot. Tony could have hired anybody to be his bodyguard and Luis just happened to get the job. If Tony didn't hire Luis, we'd probably be playing as some other guy and the plot would mostly go unchanged.

What really held TBOGT were the retard characters. IV and TLAD had joke characters here and there but TBOGT consisted purely of joke characters. Mori, Bulgarin, Yusef, A and H, Evan. F*ck, its about stupid people doing stupid things. The only interesting character is Tony. Hell, playing as a more hardcore Tony would have worked out much better then Luis, the twit.

Very well said! and to add to the safehouse concept. I liked in SA that there was a safehouse pretty much near any mission to be done. that said, there were still TOO many houses to buy (and making buying them a requirement for 100% was rediculous!. Back to Luis, most of his missions all happen fairly close to home, so his one safehouse seems quite adequate. Johnny used much more of the map though, and it would have been nice to have a few more safehouses other than the clubhouse. Brians house is aquired after its no longer needed, and is nowhere near any important mission starts) Lame! I do realize this only shows that the Lost MC is everything in Johnny's life, with no room really for a love interest and his low self esteem keeps him from becoming the epitome of the "american dream".

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

I feel as if Luis barely has a distinguished personality.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (GrandTheftAuto 5SA @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 02:31)

I agree. BoGT had the "GTA wackiness" that was missing in GTA IV & TLAD. I definitely had more fun playing BoGT - better music and weapons too.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

BOGT is too over the top.

GTA is always wacky,people just need imagination.I'd rather have an epic story like IV than a bunch of retards who only say sh*t and a bunch of stuff they put in there to please the SA whiners.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

You did only have one house, given. But, what could you expect! It was a twenty-mission game (surprisingly with a good story-line). All you could do is watch TV at the other safehouses in IV, and save your cars. You can still even go the same place in IV to save your cars! I don't find this to be much of a problem.
And girlfriends? Some people go out with girlfriends in IV, just go onto IV and play on that instead. And we wouldn't want someone cheating on Niko would we? Lol.

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (GTASAIDEAMASTER @ Friday, May 4 2012, 20:55)
BOGT is too over the top.

GTA is always wacky,people just need imagination.I'd rather have an epic story like IV than a bunch of retards who only say sh*t and a bunch of stuff they put in there to please the SA whiners.

My thoughts exactly. Plus I really didn't care for Luis and he is my least favorite protagonist of any GTA game. He just bitched and moaned about everything the mission giver would want him to do, but he'd end up doing it anyway. Either keep your mouth shut or don't do it is what I kept thinking while playing this game. Luis also thought that he was a lot smarter than everyone he talked to, and that bugged me. A and H were idiots and if Luis was the genius that he thinks he is, he would avoid those losers.

asitsaysinthebook
  • asitsaysinthebook

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

The helicopter handling and the helicopter focused missions. What a pain.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

The first mission with the buzzard...I literally sank that about 4 times,and I had to restart from the yacht.Pain in the ass.

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

I'm Dat banned nigga' yo mamma warned you about

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

1. The new cars and the "new better" car textures
I liked the new Bullet and the Tampa along with the Buffalo and new Schafter, but the super Diamond's and the new car textures rea;;y pissed me off. The Diamonds looked like complete sh*t to me with very silly looking design compared to other cars, and the glitches on yusuf's diamond made me mad.

The new textures make me want to play gta 4more than tbogt. The cars on gta 4 had shine and polish, but tbogt just took away the shine and made the cars look plasticy. The cars for GTA V look better and are polished like gta 4, but tbogt's new texturing ticked me off.

2. The weather system
Come on man, this isn't Cali, it's the NE. but tbogt makes it feel way to bright and sunny. The storms are like a minute or two shorter than gta 4 and they suck too. You can't have any cloudy weather without sun breaking through in about 1 minute. GTA 4 is supposed to have nice weather, not just f*cking sun. Hopefully GTA V will be different, but it's different, LS is supposed to be sunny, and the cloud effects make you want it to be sunny, as they look good.

Anyways, before you get mad at me, this is just two things I hated about tbogt, I never said it wasn't good, because it is, it just has things to anger me a bit.

Wiemy
  • Wiemy

Respect is the ultimate currency

• Members

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

I really hated the ballad weapons. Other than the P90, non-explosive AA-12, and the M60 all the weapons were horrible.

alterbridgeism
  • alterbridgeism

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

Jesus Christ, this game had a lot of setbacks, and you guys named most of them, but for laziness' sake, i'll name them all.

1. Too many helicopter based missions
2. The blandness of the characters
3. Too much humor
4. Nowhere to buy clothes
5. One safehouse
6. Too many repetitive missions
7. Reusing the drug war concept (i mean they had gang wars in TLAD which is practically the same thing)
8. No different multiplayer modes other than base jumping
9. The difficulty (it's too damn difficult, I literally failed more missions than i passed, unlike GTA 4 or TLAD)

The only thing i really liked in this game were the new vehicles and guns. Otherwise I think that TLAD and the main campaign blow TBOGT out of the f*cking water.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (alterbridgeism @ Saturday, Jun 30 2012, 11:33)
1. Too many helicopter based missions

Let me dissect this.

I absolutely agree with this. Frankly, every second mission was with a helicopter. Most of them didn't make sense, like the one where you follow Packie, I mean, why weren't you in a car? There was no point in having that as a helicopter mission. If you use them too much, they stop being special. If I had a cream egg once a year, its special because its rare and I get to savour it. If I have one every day, the taste gets monotonous and loses its value and flavour and becomes dull. This is helicopters in TBOGT in a nutshell.

2. The blandness of the characters.

This is also something I have to agree with. I've been through this a million times but it comes down to all the characters being two dimensional a$$holes, with the only exception being Tony. Luis was a prick, Bulgarin was a terrible villain (why do people like this guy?) and all the supporting cast were either tools or morons.

3. Too much humor

IV and TLAD had a good balance between humour and drama. TBOGT doesn't have any contrast so its just humour. I suppose some of Yusuf's dialouge is funny but if you don't have any contrast to the funny, its less funny.

4. Nowhere to buy clothes

You couldn't in TLAD either but they had a legitimate reason for that, whereas there's no real reason for TBOGT. That said, eight costumes were pretty good for a DLC so I don't think its entirely at fault.

5. One safehouse

They were trying the squeeze the player into Algonquin to emphasize the high life, but yeah, that's a good point.

6. Too many repetitive missions

Meh, it had an alright balance but its a fair point.

7. Reusing the drug war concept (i mean they had gang wars in TLAD which is practically the same thing)

I think its justified, its taking that concept and pulling its own spin on it. They were still fun.

The only thing i really liked in this game were the new vehicles and guns. Otherwise I think that TLAD and the main campaign blow TBOGT out of the f*cking water.

icon14.gif 100%

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users