Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

Round 5 is now up.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

What happened to round #4? Were that two remaining battles finished with only one vote?

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=511628

This one needed 1 more vote, but it was open for over a week, so I closed it. When the two days are up; normally they should then be closed, but Round 4 was open for nearly 2 weeks, so I closed it.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

So, what are people's stances on when people haven't voted and a vote is at an equilibrium?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

I think we need a push to get more awareness across the forum.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

I have encouraged people to wear signatures. I could ask if the mods could pin a topic in "The Lounge" or somewhere else.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

Ah, sh*t, my bad, I totally meant to be wearing one for a while. Done.

I think that's the ticket, rather than calling a draw. We need more discussion going on... people don't seem to be that interested this time, for some reason.

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 16:32)
We need more discussion going on... people don't seem to be that interested this time, for some reason.

With sh*t like Scott Pilgrim on the list...you'd have to figure it'd be a tough sell.

I'd rather take a catheter, dip it in cayenne pepper, then shove it straight up my cock than watch that movie again.

Maybe there should be some kind of screening process with a contest like this. You can't match a movie like Kickass against films like Chinatown or Lawrence of Arabia. That said, the last time we did this, it brought a bunch of films I had never seen to my attention. In that sense, it's really cool. And it should bring a little boost in posting to a forum that could use a spike in activity. So yeah, despite my reservations...if someone, by chance, happened to make me a badass There Will Be Blood sig, I'd totally jump on board and rock it...

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (Attorney General @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 03:52)
QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 16:32)
We need more discussion going on... people don't seem to be that interested this time, for some reason.

With sh*t like Scott Pilgrim on the list...you'd have to figure it'd be a tough sell.

I'd rather take a catheter, dip it in cayenne pepper, then shove it straight up my cock than watch that movie again.

Maybe there should be some kind of screening process with a contest like this. You can't match a movie like Kickass against films like Chinatown or Lawrence of Arabia. That said, the last time we did this, it brought a bunch of films I had never seen to my attention. In that sense, it's really cool. And it should bring a little boost in posting to a forum that could use a spike in activity. So yeah, despite my reservations...if someone, by chance, happened to make me a badass There Will Be Blood sig, I'd totally jump on board and rock it...

user posted image
Don't know if it's badass or not.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:50 AM

So when someone doesn't vote a movie and you're still in a round, do we just pull another one randomly from the list? I mean within the current round.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

What are people's thoughts on when there is only one vote inside of a topic?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Nobody wants to say something, so I will throw my two cents. I belive we may let it be like this. There were some battles in the past where one movie was declared a winner just after getting one vote. Nobody wants to vote on these duo and because of that whole topic is dead.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

I don't like double posting, but I believe it won't be anything bad in that case.

I believe that Shawshank Redemption vs The Kid should be open again. "Give over" is a phrasal which means "hand over" or "entrust" I believe ThePinkFloydSound wanted to give his vote to The Kid. He may want to clear it up.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'll PM him.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

ThePinkFloydSound was rooting for Shawshank.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

Now it's settled for sure.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

I think the way this is handled is in need of a total reinvention.

I need ideas... can people help me out on this? The current way of doing this was/is taking too long and lots of people aren't putting in effort smile.gif .

Should we do it the way papanesta did it?

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:07 AM Edited by Indi, 17 July 2013 - 05:10 AM.

I know it looks like I'm trying too hard to get people in with this but I am thinking of starting it up again but doing it the way papanesta did, so for example: starting with 128 because it's a power of 2 and dividing it by 2 until we get down to 2 films that will verse each other.

So anyone can nominate another 24 films, but if you're an individual that wants to nominate loads of films then I'd say keep your maximum to 5.

Nominate here and please do use the template smile.gif .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users