GTAForums Top 100 Films 2013 Edition

197 replies to this topic
Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

I agree with your statement completely, but I still didn't know one thing and to make my question more clear I'm going to use an example: In round x we got two movies: A and B. Movie A got 12 votes, movie B got 5 votes. Are we gonna take as a result fact that movie A is better then B since it got more votes and because of that it should take higher position on the list or we gonna give movie A 12 points where movie B gets just 5 of them.

The whole voting which movie is better is unjustified, but creating lists like this gives a lot of fun and shows different opinions about the same movies.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 19:12)
I agree with your statement completely, but I still didn't know one thing and to make my question more clear I'm going to use an example: In round x we got two movies: A and B. Movie A got 12 votes, movie B got 5 votes. Are we gonna take as a result fact that movie A is better then B since it got more votes and because of that it should take higher position on the list or we gonna give movie A 12 points where movie B gets just 5 of them.

The whole voting which movie is better is unjustified, but creating lists like this gives a lot of fun and shows different opinions about the same movies.

I believe a lot of people have said something along the lines of what you said. Different lists; so such as greatest movies in a more justified order, action genres... directors; stuff like that.

I plan on doing it sometime after this has ended.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:16 PM Edited by DeeperRed, 05 May 2012 - 11:20 PM.

QUOTE (Indi @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:13)
QUOTE (Tycek @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 19:12)

I believe a lot of people have said something along the lines of what you said. Different lists; so such as greatest movies in a more justified order, action genres... directors; stuff like that.

I plan on doing it sometime after this has ended.

Still an overall list of top 100. (as well as all the category stuff)

I know it doesn't represent it properly but who cares ? Its just there to promote discussion and do it in the fairest way. Its not some scientific report, its just a bit of fun. It also doesn't matter which film any thought was better. It matters as an average, what did the forum user pick first as there favorite film. People enjoy films for all different reasons, regardless of technical prowess. I know lord of the rings is a well made film but iI find it very f*cking boring. Nothing to do with slowness, I just don't like fantasy that much. Some people prefers the spectical side of the enjoyment, while others like me heavily a repeatable character (doesn't need to be human, but just show some human like characteristics, some flaws).

anyway im buzzin as hell but I think the way were doing now is fun and fair.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

This may seem a stupid question, but I still need to ask: What happens if we wish to vote for one of the films, but have never watched the other film that it's up against?

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 23:18)
This may seem a stupid question, but I still need to ask: What happens if we wish to vote for one of the films, but have never watched the other film that it's up against?

Watch the other film or don't vote.

I am watching Once upon a time in the west now, will cast my vote tomorrow.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 23:18)

I think most would agree that it's simply not fair to vote against a film that you haven't even seen. Plus, it's a perfectly good reason to start watching new films smile.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

I agree with you on this. I've watched Garden State and Black Swan because of this topic and I don't regret it. Topics like this are perfect way to broaden your horizons in culture.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

That's why I knew it was going to be a stupid question, but it's just down to the fact that I don't currently have access to new films and whatnot, so guess I'm sitting this whole competition out.

Meh, at the end of the day, the full 100 films that got nominated are still going to end up somewhere in the final list, so it will still give me a wide choice of new, great films to watch I guess.
smile.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

I got a question. How long one round will be available to vote? I recalled information about 48 hours, but current round lasts longer than this.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

just realized French Connection has not been nominated. God dammit why did I just assume it would be.

Better (in my eyes) then many many films on that list.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Monday, May 7 2012, 12:21)
I got a question. How long one round will be available to vote? I recalled information about 48 hours, but current round lasts longer than this.

I've left it open because you're the only one that has said something about Interstate 60 and 5 Centimetres Per Second.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

When is the second round going to end? I am asking, because I would like to give my vote, but I haven't seen the movie yet.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 22:31)
When is the second round going to end? I am asking, because I would like to give my vote, but I haven't seen the movie yet.

Nor me, I need to see it as well.

I'll give it another day.

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Was going to change my Godfather signature to Once Upon A Time In America. Doesn't work though it sends an error message because apparently it's too big mad.gif

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Comepletely forgot to nominate A Prophet. sh*t, completely forgot about that film. Damn, was better for me then 70% of the movies on that list how the f*ck I forgot it is beyond me.

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 12:31)
Comepletely forgot to nominate A Prophet. sh*t, completely forgot about that film. Damn, was better for me then 70% of the movies on that list how the f*ck I forgot it is beyond me.

Thinking the same thing here did u by any chance remember it after seeing my post on the Mafia thread?? tounge2.gif

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (ShaneHunter @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 18:09)

Thinking the same thing here did u by any chance remember it after seeing my post on the Mafia thread?? tounge2.gif

Exactly when I remembered it.

f*ck can't believe I forgot French Connection, A Prophet and infernal affairs. Im f*cking useless sometimes.

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 00:33)

f*ck can't believe I forgot French Connection, A Prophet and infernal affairs. Im f*cking useless sometimes.

We have The Room and American Pie but none of the films you mentioned (No Raging Bull neither)

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (ShaneHunter @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 17:39)
QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 00:33)

We have The Room and American Pie but none of the films you mentioned (No Raging Bull neither)

Personal choice really. Its a shame, they're great movies. I would probably like to change JFK to Out of the Blue if I could, but its rather obscure.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

When can we know the match ups for round 3?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

I wonder that myself. Indi theoretically ended second round, but the topics are still open and there is no sign of the third round.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:04 PM Edited by Indi, 13 May 2012 - 04:26 PM.

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 16:12)
I wonder that myself. Indi theoretically ended second round, but the topics are still open and there is no sign of the third round.

It's harder for me because I don't have any rights in closing the topics so I wait for the mods.

@AceRay: You can if you want to, but as long as the film hasn't been randomly chosen yet. Which it hasn't, so up to you.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Why is Once Upon A Time In the West going up against Office Space...?

And Full Metal Jacket vs I Saw the Devil? And JP and whatever it's up against?

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 17:31)
Why is Once Upon A Time In West going up against Office Space...?

Randomly generated. I have no choice in it.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

But it shouldn't be up for voting until the next 'tier' of movies. It's already won once, why is it going up against a fresh movie?

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 17:33)
But it shouldn't be up for voting until the next 'tier' of movies. It's already won once, why is it going up against a fresh movie?

That's a point.

I'll delete the topics, start again.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

I bet this whole idea seemed easier on paper.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

Round 3 seems to have drawn to a close. When can we expect to see Round 4?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

Could someone who hadn't cast his votes yet vote for the remaining movies to end up round 3, please? There is draw between (Assassination of Richard Nixon and DWW) and between Naked Gun and Citizen Kane.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

Round 5 starting soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users