» «
Photo

How to install 'saved games' and/or patches to MAC

8 replies to this topic
finess
  • finess

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:58 PM Edited by finess, 08 April 2012 - 09:14 PM.

Source reference: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=486350

I have the same question that user "differenz" had. I've been playing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the mac as I purchased it from the App Store on my MacBook. I see that my question had been answered but I'm having trouble getting to the "Hidden System Files" that user "differenz" found. Instead, I created my own path as I didn't see it when I went to find it following the steps given by user "v95". Can anyone guide me through as I would like to add a saved game for the mission "Cesar Vialpando"

Thanks so much for anyone who can support me with this issue.

biggrin.gif

finess
  • finess

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:26 PM Edited by lil weasel, 08 April 2012 - 11:01 PM.

<<Merged Topics >>
I'm new to the MacBook and I don't know where to install these 'saved games' for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. If someone can give me instructions on where to go to put these 'saved games' and how to activate them for them to show up in my gameplay mode. Do I need to restart the game after they've been install? What should I see when I restart the game? I tried all day doing this and every time I go to restart the game and go to the mission it brings me back to the game that I was supposed to had been finished in the 'saved game'. I just need to get through with this one mission to keep up with my productivity in the game. Where do put these downloads of 'saved games' on my mac? What do I do after they have been placed on my mac (e.g., rebooting the game)?

Thanks for anyone who picks up this inquiry.

cool.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Take a look in this topic http://www.gtaforums...ic=486350&st=10

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

The Default location for Saves(on legal game copies anyway), is: My Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files folder...If you use Compatibility mode, it *might* be in the Public folder...

Since this is an old game, this question has been answered many times before..So, you should have used the Search feature first(although it is down for some reason)...? Just a friendly heads up. smile.gif

finess
  • finess

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 23:44)
The Default location for Saves(on legal game copies anyway), is: My Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files folder...If you use Compatibility mode, it *might* be in the Public folder...

Since this is an old game, this question has been answered many times before..So, you should have used the Search feature first(although it is down for some reason)...? Just a friendly heads up.  smile.gif

I did search. That's how I found this forum and that's why I registered. I searched my question and it gave me this forum and a thread that came close to nearly answering my question but I'm still stuck after trying almost everything. I've downloaded the saved game that I needed to clear and when I open to start the game it brings me right back to that same mission - instead of the next. I also referenced the same thread that 'lil weasel' referred me to and that was a dead end because that's exactly where I was stuck.

I understand that the question has been asked numerous of times. I'm working on a MacBook Pro and all of the instructions for a PC are not applied the same for a mac. So it's a little confusing when you guys give your directory paths (e.g., My Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files) and I can't find it. As I said... i'm using a Macintosh notebook.

I'm wondering if the answer to my problem is to download the 'saved game' that comes after the mission that I'm stuck on for it to go to the next mission? I've been trying and searching Google tutorials all day... and this is where I am.

Macintosh HD > Applications > Grand Theft Auto San Andreas > Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > windows > system32

This is where I moved the file I downloaded "xlive.dll" into that folder

Macintosh HD > Applications > Grand Theft Auto San Andreas > Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > windows > Program Files > Rockstar Games > GTA San Andreas > data

This is where I added the 'saved game' into this folder

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

Do you have a Sherlock system search for files?
"GTA San Andreas User Files" search without quotes.

finess
  • finess

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 01:01)
Do you have a Sherlock system search for files?
"GTA San Andreas User Files" search without quotes.

Um.

I have "Spotlight" to search my system for files. I don't know what "Sherlock" is.. but when I search "GTA San Andreas User Files" (without the quotes) nothing appears. I can S/S you what I see... and you can just tell me what to download and put in the folders.

finess
  • finess

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:15 AM Edited by finess, 09 April 2012 - 05:46 AM.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Version 1.0.1
Mac OS X 10.7.3
2 GHz Intel Core i7
Purchased: 'App Store' (4/4/12)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:18 PM Edited by lil weasel, 09 April 2012 - 07:27 PM.

We can't tell you what to put where because we don't know.
The GTA:SA game was not originaly intended for the Apple MAC systems.
We can only reference PC known file names, et cetra.
Maybe working back through the Rockstar installation files might work.
If they didn't change the data files maybe something can be worked out.
We've asked for a upload but if you can't find one we are all befuddled.

At best we have only 2 members using MAC, although there may be another member also with problems likened to yours.

recap on the PC to get to the Saved File we click:
Start > User Name > Documents > GTA San Andreas User Files > (this file contains: main.scm, script, gta)sa.set, Gallery, User Tracks) as well as the save files #1 to 8 (GTASAsf#.b)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users