GTAF Top 100 Films Reboot?

6 replies to this topic
Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

I was wondering whether anyone will do it again this year? It was a load of fun watching all of those movies that were nominated and the list last time was so close to being complete. But it never got completed which saddened me a bit; but sh*t happens.

Will there be another one soon? I'd gladly do it if anyone isn't willing to do it.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

I'd love to see it make a return, but the only downside would be that since only a few years have passed since the last topic, would there really be much difference in the overall results of the films? I think this was mentioned in the actual topic itself.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 23:24)
I'd love to see it make a return, but the only downside would be that since only a few years have passed since the last topic, would there really be much difference in the overall results of the films? I think this was mentioned in the actual topic itself.

I believe it was.

A couple of good films have been released since then though; and there are now new members on the board as well, with different tastes of films. I was hoping to bring foreign films into the list as well; not just Hollywood films. I'd love to re-do it myself, it was a load of fun for all of the film fans of GTAF to come together and spout out their favourite films.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Why not? But it's not all we can do.

Maybe we should also do genre wars on a weekly basis. Best sci-fi, best comedy, best drama, best horror etc.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 23:30)

Maybe we should also do genre wars on a weekly basis. Best sci-fi, best comedy, best drama, best horror etc.

That's a good idea.

I'm a lover of film, I watch a lot of films weekly. Movies and TV aren't as popular as they used to be (the board on GTAF, I'm talking about).

If I get another 3 more or so I'll start working on the topic and graphics and nominations.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 22:30)

Would that be possible on a weekly basis though? You have all the nominations to get in first, then there's the narrowing down and whatnot.

@Indi, don't get me wrong mate, I'm up for the idea, and think you should actually just go ahead and start work on it. I've been getting through alot of films as of lately, and definitely have alot that would fit into the topic.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

I'll get started then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users