San Andreas Main.scm problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic
anythingthatcounts
  • anythingthatcounts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

Hi guys. Ive been having some issues with my Gta san andreas save file. I got the game a while back and played it to the end. Got all the missions done and even went that extra mile to get 100percent completion. I had to reboot my computer a couple times so I kept a backup of my 100% save with the main.scm file on a flash drive. When i got back on it was still working fine but i decided to try some mods to spice up the gameplay. The mods sorta slowed the game down (my pc isnt that great) so I completely uninstalled them and removed all the files from my C drive. Now I get random crashes when I die/get busted or try to finish a date with hot coffee (trying to 100 percent all the gf's biggrin.gif ).

Ive already tried playing around with the compatability modes on the installation and .exe files but that doesn't work either. I also tried the no crash patch thing from gamecopyworld.

My computer specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 220 Processor 2.80 GHz
Installed memory: 3.00GB
64-bit Operating System

Any advice would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance colgate.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

Which Operating System are you on?

If you have Vista, follow these steps;
1) Uninstall SA.
2) Delete the installation folder if it still exists. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
3) Delete the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. The Appdata folder might be hidden. (e.g. C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
4) Delete the gta_sa.set file from your User Files folder.
5) Reboot.
6) Reinstall SA.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

A little history of the Game itself.
You bought which Version?
You installed from the Original DVD?
You are playing with that Original DVD in the Drive?
You said 'Hot Coffee' did you install that Mod?
Have you Removed the HC mod?

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Try to do this:

1) Uninstall SA.
2) Delete the installation folder if it still exists. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
3) Delete the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. The Appdata folder might be hidden. (e.g. C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
4) Delete the gta_sa.set file from your user files folder.
5) Reboot.
6) Reinstall SA.

NOTE:
- Don't use any mods, or that crash fix thing you're talking about next time, because those might be the cause of crashes.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't saw girish' post. blush.gif Anyway, just try it, your SA should work fine after that.

anythingthatcounts
  • anythingthatcounts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Wow thank you so much you guys that worked colgate.gif . Didn't realize these forums were so active smile.gif . Ill definitely remember to pop by next time instead of spending 3 hours trying to fix it myself haha. Thanks again!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (anythingthatcounts @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 00:25)
Wow thank you so much you guys that worked colgate.gif . Didn't realize these forums were so active smile.gif . Ill definitely remember to pop by next time instead of spending 3 hours trying to fix it myself haha. Thanks again!

This is the most active GTA forum you'll find on the interwebz. Glad that you got it working. Enjoy the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users