Taskbar issue?

5 replies to this topic
YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

When I played full screen Youtube videos, the taskbar doesn't disappear at all. I googled some answers and they said to disable DPI scaling, which I did and it didn't help. Anyone have a solution?

Also, the "Show Desktop" button on the right side of the taskbar is broken. Putting the cursor over it previews the desktop but clicking on it does nothing.

I'm on Google Chrome (but the Youtube issue is with every browser I tried, like IE, Firefox, Safari and Opera) and Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

When was the last time it was working? Have you recently install any softwares or updates like Adobe Flash, graphic drivers, etc?
Clear out your temporary internet files and set your Windows taskbar to auto hide and see what happens.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

I'm a bit confused. When you play YT videos and click the full screen, the only thing you're suppose to see if the video. Everything else is behind it, including the taskbar.
The only thing you should see if the playback controls for the video, but even that should drop down after a few seconds.

http://i.imgur.com/4I6yb.png - Without play controls
http://i.imgur.com/qD4VM.png - With play controls
The right side is my 2nd monitor

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

You know the Taskbar PROPERTIES settings and make sure they are set for how you want your system? There are a few like Taskbar set on top of all other viewing windows, or Locking the Taskbar, which keeps it in a corner of the screen you choose, etc.
This is independent of the browser. The Show Desktop I thought provides a popup of Desktop selections above the taskbar button where they are selected in that manner, by highlighting with arrow keys or mouse? I don't use it enough to recall

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

What YankeesPwnMets saying is when you run YT on full screen, his Windows taskbar is still visible and doesn't disappear.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

D'oh. I misread that. Sorry.
Why do I keep going into forums when I'm half tired? I keep doing that.

In that case and I really hate to say this only because I sound like a broken record....
System cleaning time: virus scan, spyware scan, registry cleaning, chkdsk, defrag. I've seen many times this simple little thing fix a lot of problems, even some that weren't so obvious at first until they were fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users