Photo

Insight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic
abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:52 PM Edited by abishai.kochara, 07 April 2012 - 05:33 PM.

This update-box will updated regularly with whats with the magazine and the team......
Right now, are my exams, I've got full permission from Nitesh & Mati for this.
Due to my exams, #1 ain't so good and grand but the #2 will be awesome, I'll make it grand and longer than this one.
Thats for sure! Enjoy this one for the time being!

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:53 PM Edited by abishai.kochara, 08 April 2012 - 04:29 AM.

(Distributor)
GTAIndonesia

(Subscribed)
GTAIndonesia
Nitroxous

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:55 PM Edited by abishai.kochara, 07 April 2012 - 05:22 PM.

user posted image

FB Community woes!....... Wait! Thats not it!
user posted image

Attention causes detention!

user posted image

GTAIndonasia's posted a video he made some time ago, it was left unnoticed and some days later, he posted on 6th April, saying that his 'poor video' was left unnoticed. It was a complaint and was further commented on by the members if our community. Most of the replies were just telling him that he shouldn't worry, he should leave it as it is and so one. Some even said that the rating of the video proves that people are watching it. Karzy6 said

Stop complaining, you lot. Get over it. When I first said that I have returned to DYOM, Mati posted straight after that he is returning too. Everyone said "Mati, yay, you have returned.".

But I didn't complain, I just accepted that Mati is more better and popular and people care more. So don't have that attitude.

This just shows us the way we behave or react and how, many people take the community to be a bad place. Further, GTAIndonesia said

Doesn't everyone deserve attention? I'm confused whether they like it or not. 

Even Mati shared his thoughts but they weren't exactly sweet.
I don't mean to be rude, but stop crying about it. If nobody comments on whatever you post means that they're not interested.

Just saying.

Also Karzy6 commented further when we asked him,

Yes, everyone should be equal and deserve the same amount of attention, but the world doesn't swing that way. You have to get use to the fact that not everyone can be the best. In the DYOM case, you have the great designers (Mati, Jimmy, COOLMAN, LeonCJ, DP etc.), you have the good designers (Notna, alifjenius, IXMJXI, Nitesh, Rytuklis, Myself, etc.), then you have the "getting there" designers (Shiva, NothingSpecial, ThaBoY, TheXProyect, ItsAllAboutGTA, etc.), then you have the newbies (Converse, xGhostx, Lee_Atsugai, SS Brigade, tehlolcat, etc.). It's like a food chain, and instead of eating each other, the people at the top will get more respect and attention than the people below.

This is just my opinion, don't get angry and upset about this statement. Thank you.

We should really give all this a thought. The benefits of giving equal attention to all would be unending and it'd make our community grow. This, is the least we can do to help the DYOM Community. It is a fact, no matter how hard you try to deny it. The rest is up to you, give all this a thought.
Rush Hour @ DYOM !

With many Mission-packs released or releasing in these few weeks, the mission-packs were what caught our eyes. With Headhunters, Max Parker, Dead Souls, The Uprising, COD:MW3 and many more released recently or with the old ones continuing, these weeks have proved to be rush hours in this section! Feedbacks pouring in, people being more active, its just a happy-happy time around here! Not to forget BUYSAG & LCJ's RPG game in action, both of them are recieving well attention and are the real stars here, they're soaking a little too much in the limelight according to me! All this more just proves to show that this place is getting better and better, day by day!

FB Community woes!....... Wait! Thats not it!

user posted image

As shown above, the recent posts at the DYOM Community group on FB were all woes! That was a co-incidence worth to be noted! But as we see in the bottom, a new forums dedicated to GTA was also established, you must be thinking whats with this? Well, whats with this is that, the forums has a special sub-forums for DYOM! Make no mistake, AN ENTIRE SUB-FORUMS! We'll be covering this in 'Whats Hot, whats not'
Well, just for the next issue! Enjoy the rest of the magazine!

Cold Year
From Hero to Zero
The fact that this is a very professional and very creative Mission-pack cannot be missed. One of the two storylines of Cold Year will be reviewed today.
You start of as an ordinary Mall gaurd and are invovlved into the murder of your boss because of you catching the culprit in action, you're made a deputy. The game begins simply but delivers heavy gameplay, making it one of my personal favourites, the chases, the unlackables, they all sum up to make this one, memorable MP. With betrayal all arround you and with everything you ever had on the edge, step into Frank's shoes and start of from a slow Mall gaurd life to a hectic cop life. The beginning itself will impress you and as the game progresses, you'll begin to find the pack really intriguing.

The camera angles, distance, manner and gameplay, style make this one hell of an MP! The unlockables and achievments just add to the excitement and you'll get addicted to the MP. The way the objects and crime scenes are placed, the way we collect clues and use them, this's the only MP as far as I know, that forces the player to use everything at his disposal, use the clues, use his own intelligence to solve the case. A very amazing MP, hats off!

With the most intriguing Mission-pack released recently, we rang up Arejai and decide to talk to him about his latest Mission-pack 'Max Parker'

Max Parker is the Mission pack that I will love the storyline that I took it from somewhere. Well, I just took the beginning and the end. I want people to go deeper into the story, to acknowledge the adventure of Max Parker.
It starts with a tale by a mad hermit, about the journey of Max Parker. The concept is based on the great third person shooter game called Freedom Fighter. It's about a fight against the government. And I was inspired to make this MP from Mattatatta's Codename: Zulu. It's full of incredible actions and has a very exciting storyline.

Will the players be exposed to voilent content in this pack?

It's not confirmed yet. tounge.gif And in the first chapter, for the most violent content is just a BOOMED. Nothing more, I guess. biggrin.gif

As we all know, you've been making your own path here, you've got a number of MP's and they're all awesome, what was your idea on how this'd be received when you were working on this?

To be honest, I'm the person that always rapidly getting bored to continue my MPs after I realized that the MP doesn't have much feedback. That's why I decided to create new MP and postponed my others 2. And for the Max Parker, I made the chapter 1 before releasing it to avoid bored. So far so good, I got much feedbacks. I don't care if it's positive or negative, it doesn't matter, at least someone played my MP. lol.gif

What kind of atmosphere is the player placed in? What kind of environment?

The player will play as two different actors. One as a traveller; starts in a middle of forest, without any character's introduction. It's just to begin the story.
And another character, the protagonist, Max Parker; same as the traveller, his background wasn't told at all. He's just a low-class mechanic, his parents were died a long time ago.

What is the character's view to this atmosphere?

He's a quiet person sometimes, not always complain about his life. He just make it normal, live happily.

What were you thinking about composing this character?

I like the character. He's a brave person, and I hope he'll be a remembered character through his story life.

Any last words you want to say?

Just a little more. 'Max Parker' has a different kind of beginning and the end. When you start to play, it's not as you expected it'll be. You'll know the truth soon. wink.gif

With 'Headhunters' around the corner, we decided to have a little chat with Mati.

Yeah, I guess so. I always come back with a bang. But this time, it's different. I'm actually working on my missions again. Back then, when I kept coming back and retiring, I didn't have any motivation to work on my missions. But now I'm actually glad to be back and I enjoy designing again biggrin.gif

Your latest MP 'Headhunters', what is its theme, I mean whats it based on? In what kind of environment does it take place and in what atmosphere?

It's based on my own imagination, haha. It's going to take place all around San Andreas, as there is going to be much traveling. It's kinda a new theme. It's more of a mix. It's nothing post-apocalyptic, yet survival is an important factor. A part of it is war, as the Russian Military and the terrorists are going to be involved. A part of it is about gangs. And maybe I'm going to mix zombies into this. We'll see, but there's one thing I can guarantee; It's going to be a wild ride.

What is the personality of the main protagonist? What are his/her views?

Well, her name is Rachelle Vakarian. She grew up during a crisis (The Downfall crisis) so she saw America falling apart. I'm still working on The Downfall and San Andreas News sections in my topic (it's going to be background information of the crisis. I will explain how America has fallen apart). Now back to Rachelle, she has good music taste, isn't afraid to hold a gun and doesn't have anything else to do than survive. America isn't a wasteland. It's simply not civilized anymore. Gangs and tribes have formed and Rachelle decided to avoid them. She simply walks forward, in hope to find a way to get out of the country. Her life has been pretty stressful, as she has lost almost everyone of her family after The Last Break (the point where America was completely left behind by other countries. No one will admit, but America became isolated that day).

What was this MP based on? What Inspired you to make this?

Nothing.  tounge.gif   I came up with everything myself. My inspiration was my own imagination this time around. I was thinking ''Let's try something new. How about a survival-war-gangs-zombies-action mission pack?'' and started writing some ideas down. That's where I thought about inspiration. I was thinking of the following while designing:
- Homefront
- Green Day: Boulevard of Broken Dreams
- Fallout: New VegasQUOTE
- CoD: MW3
- GTA San Andreas
- Halo CE
- Half Life
- Army of Two
- Scarface
- Red Dead Redemption
- Mass Effect 2
- Batman: Arkham City
- Mirrors Edge
- RAGE
I think that's all. Mix everything together, and voila, you get Headhunters. biggrin.gif

This MP was really long-awaited and it really looks promising. Any comments?

Yeah, there's one thing I have to say; I wouldn't create this mission pack without the community. Even if we had our differences (the reasons why I retired), I realized that all of you really supported me and that I even gained some ''fans''. I really appreciate your support and I'm glad to support you guys as well. You're always free to ask me if you want me to check your missions out. I hope I won't disappoint you with Headhunters.

What do you think we can expect from this?

Headhunters will be something you haven't seen before. It's a total mix of all kinds of themes, while still maintaining a balance between everything. It's not that I sh*t on a table with everything mixed together and give it to you. It's going to be very balanced. And I can guarantee, it's my best project yet. I haven't put as much thought in any mission pack before.

Any last words or speeches?

Nah, I think I've said everything I needed above. Thanks for interviewing me. smile.gif

Thanks for your time guys! Well, readers, wait for #2! Enjoy the rest of the magazine!

Whats Hot, Whats not
Today's whats hot, whats not is really special even with this being #1 because, the hot is... eh... not hot too! We'll see how.

The GTA Zone Forums, a paid site decided to host DYOM and even has the necessary permissions, its known to be real user-friendly to the users and has many features but with all this, comes something for DYOM Designers, we found out that there was a special Sub-Forum for DYOM! Thats just awesome! It was announced on FB and some DYOM Designers signed up and started jazzing up the sub-forum, some were invited by PM from the GTAForums and together they did some stuff there. Thats what makes The GTAZone Forums Hot for today!

What makes it not-hot is the fact, that theres no activity in the DYOM Section at all, theres just the topics, tutorials, etc made the designers and nothing else. Thought Toni & ThaBoy have done some work to list all the mission-packs by designers, the place is just a loner. So that decides the fate of the place!

Special thanks to Nitesh & Mati for their support and encouragement. Thanks a lot guys!

Next UP!
Interviews with namely- Doublepulse, Lee-Atusgai, LeonCJ(LnD).
The 'Just Dropped' section will be opened.
You can send in advertisements from now on!, as many ads as possible be will put up.
The Drop-box will be put up, put your suggestions, feedbacks, requests there. I mean, all the suggestions, feedbacks, requests you give us, we'll post them in the Drop-box which'll be published with the magazine! Its already open, just waiting to be published! PM them if you want 'em published!

Editor's NOTE
Well guys, this's just the first issue, it was prepared in an hour or two, I made it during the last week of exams, theres two more tests left for me, with all that, I fared this. Hope you enjoyed it and don't forget to drop in your suggestions, requests, feedbacks, etc for the Drop-box. Sorry for the short issue!
Any GFX will be appreciated. #2 will be grand because it'll be out in 4-5 days, in 3 days, my exams'll be over, so I'll work on it and make it grand. This wasn't grand because of my exams.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed this! Special thanks to Mati n' Nitesh for their support and encouragement, this won't be were it is without you guys, guys! Great thanks to you! You guys are free to ask for a review like I did for Cold Year, they'll be better for sure, remember the conditions I made this in...... lol...
Well, goodbye to you folks then! Wait for my next issue!

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Imma subsccribe. DYOM Magazine have been to quiet lately.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Wow... thanks a lot! You've been added. Expect next issue, grand opening of Insight in 4-5 days! smile.gif

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Or maybe sign me in as a Distributor, i'd love to help.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (GTAIndonesia @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 17:36)
Or maybe sign me in as a Distributor, i'd love to help.

Thanks man! Thats just great! You're a distributor! smile.gif
And any feedbacks on the magazine? lol.gif moto_whistle.gif

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

It's pretty good.

Nitroxious
  • Nitroxious

Cyber Wolf

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

I would like to subscribe. I can help in distributing too.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

This sucks, I was totally in that "Attention causes detention!" argument, yet nobody says anything about it!

It is like you see my name and then even don't bother to read any futher...

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

@guib

I don't think so.
At least, I read your comments.
You've great humor.
A lot of sarcasm, but it's funny.

Ontopic:

Sorry AK.
DYOM magazine just looks better.
But if you need help or something, feel free to PM me smile.gif

_Ghost97
  • _Ghost97

This is 'Nam, baby!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

Awesome biggrin.gif
I can do the GFX if you want to

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

@ThaBoy
Yeah, it doesn't look good, it'll be better next time. Hope you guys aren't disappointed.

@Nitroxous
added

@Guib
Sorry man, I didn't remember you, your post.... oh yeah, its said something about us ignoring you, it was a mistake, sorry.

@Lee
Glad you liked it. I need the same headers as now, just different styles!

_Ghost97
  • _Ghost97

This is 'Nam, baby!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

In the cold year section, you mispelled guard into gaurd wink.gif

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (lee_atsugai @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 04:33)
In the cold year section, you mispelled guard into gaurd wink.gif

hehe.... colgate.gif

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (abishai.kochara @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 04:27)
@Guib
Sorry man, I didn't remember you, your post.... oh yeah, its said something about us ignoring you, it was a mistake, sorry.

Pff, idiot.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Me an idiot? OK, feels great to hear that from a sarcastic idiot.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (abishai.kochara @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 22:25)
user posted image

WTF? bored.gif

Well done in those BBCodes.

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Everyone, chill! yo, Chill!

NothingSpecial
  • NothingSpecial

2spooky4me

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

That's why SatournFan listed guib's name into his direspect list...

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:26 AM Edited by SatournFan, 10 April 2012 - 06:52 AM.

Thanks, NS, it was SOOO worth the post.

And yeah, as you can see, ak, this magazine turned into nothing good. But if you still are going to make it, all the luck.

Nitroxious
  • Nitroxious

Cyber Wolf

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Give me my issue.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the wish SF, as a matter of fact, I was going to interview you but your post is pissing me off.

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (abishai.kochara @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 18:50)
Thanks for the wish SF, as a matter of fact, I was going to interview you but your post is pissing me off.

Whoa, hold it there ak, Calm down, If you're the director be nice to the readers. That's one tip on getting attention.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

I wasn't angry, sorry if I wasn't able to express myself but I really was pissed off. SF is the oldest member here(according to a post) so I thought I'd interview him about the changes...... wait, I'm not saying that! lol.gif

But I think my "Thanks for the wish SF" made it clear I meant no harm right? confused.gif
Anyways I wasn't anything rash at that time, ok? Just wanna' make it clear. smile.gif biggrin.gif

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Where the f*ck is my next issue.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Poef!

Sorry, I just needed to say that lol.gif
I know no one gets it, but that doesn't matter lol.gif

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

I'm outta' town, can't do anything...... I'll be back in a month or so. tounge.gif
Sio wait for anything from me until then... sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users