» «
Photo

Is it just me or do the graphics look better

7 replies to this topic
dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:36 PM Edited by dansgas1000, 08 April 2012 - 05:39 PM.

Is it just me or are the graphics better by a tiny bit on Ballad. I know that they got rid of that stupid blur but it seem better.

-On PS3

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

i would have to agree here, on my PS3 the graphics do look better on TBOGT than IV... im not sure about this blur your talking about though...

i know there was what R* called "Noise Effect" for TLAD. it gave the game a grittier feel to me, this could be the blur effect your refering to, but you were able to turn it off in the pause menu.

GTAboyWonder
  • GTAboyWonder

Die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Not even! TBoGT looks horrible! Too colorful. The only time the game itself looks great is when it rains.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

GTA IV had a blur effect which blurred all objects in the distance, to save memory resources.

TBOGT removed the blur filter and now everything is sharp. Also each 3 games have different colour correction. TLAD had a grainy effect, TBOGT has a more colourful tone and IV was just neutral.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Yes, GTA IV and TLAD both have a watercolor-like texture that softens medium- and long-range distance views and TLAD additionally has a yellow filter and an optional noise filter. TBOGT is the least filtered and gives the clearest view of the city.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

I guess it is the color. It really changes the feel of the entire game for me. I was wondering if they messed with the weather system. I don't remember many times it rained in TLAD.

As for the colors though, I liked the colors better in TBOGT.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 01:10)
I guess it is the color. It really changes the feel of the entire game for me. I was wondering if they messed with the weather system. I don't remember many times it rained in TLAD.

As for the colors though, I liked the colors better in TBOGT.

"It Doesn't Have To Rain All The Time" Brandon Lee, The Crow 1992 cool.gif

LOL, i remember a few good times when it rained in TLAD... especially before and the day after End Of Chapter

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

yes TBOGT was more colorful , so yea it looked better than IV, i still prefer the grimy look of TLAD tho wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users