• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic
dafour
  • dafour

Car Crasher

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Hi peepz

Been a long time since i played IV,this morning i had the urge to ram some stuuf.

But the game isn't cooperating ,its just give a 'GTA IV has stopped working' after loading ,even the benchmark does this.

Everything is up to date, and i've reinstalled the game about 4 times now.My EFLC does the same.

Anyone here has an idea?

Thx!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

How long has it been since the game last worked? And can you remember the changes that you might have made to your system since the last time it worked?
Which OS are you on? If it's Vista/Win 7, then try disabling UAC from Control Panel. Also, check your firewall settings to make sure it's not blocking the game. Same with your anti-virus.
If you have Win 7, then you can also try running the game in Win XP SP3 or Vista SP1/SP2 compatibility modes.
Additionally, try deleting all files from the Settings folder. Read this to locate your Settings folder.

dafour
  • dafour

Car Crasher

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Wel i didnt think of deleting my savegames,did that and it starts a new game..Everything ok again,i just need it for multiplayer so smile.gif
Must have been a corrupt save or something,thx for your time Girish!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Well, I didn't exactly ask you to delete your savegames, but if it worked then great. Enjoy the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users