Do you still Play it ? Since 2002...

50 replies to this topic
Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (DonutPT @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 11:00)
QUOTE (tommyv2468 @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 04:29)
I'm actually playing right now,on the ps2.I have the old version with the tear gas stuff from behind the VCPD in Washington Beach.

there is a version of the game which there is no gas spray? : O I have that version for ps2. For pc i didn't notice if it has tear gas

Yes. In fact, the original PS2 version is the only version of the game with the tear gas. In all later releases (Greatest Hits PS2, Xbox, and PC), the tear gas has been removed and the pickups were replaced with grenades. I forget the exact reason for their removal, but I think it had something to do with the frame rate slowing down from the smoke.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Claude94 @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 23:39)
[QUOTE=DonutPT,Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 11:00]
Yes. In fact, the original PS2 version is the only version of the game with the tear gas. In all later releases (Greatest Hits PS2, Xbox, and PC), the tear gas has been removed and the pickups were replaced with grenades. I forget the exact reason for their removal, but I think it had something to do with the frame rate slowing down from the smoke.

Really? I do not remember tear gas in the game, and my brother had the original version before he replaced it with the X-Box version.

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

Gay Furry Extraordinaire

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (Claude94 @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 23:39)
QUOTE (DonutPT @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 11:00)
QUOTE (tommyv2468 @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 04:29)
I'm actually playing right now,on the ps2.I have the old version with the tear gas stuff from behind the VCPD in Washington Beach.

there is a version of the game which there is no gas spray? : O I have that version for ps2. For pc i didn't notice if it has tear gas

Yeah when I use it,the framerate slows down a lot.I guess there removal was for the better.Still though,I love throwing one in the Malibu Club devil.gif

BlackCorsair
  • BlackCorsair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Totally. It`s one of those games that left a memory imprint in me to this day (among a few notable others like Monkey island, Fallout and Baldur`s Gate). It was one of the first games I felt I could actually live in a virtual city and free roam it.

Having played III a bit before, I was amazed by how much alive and defined Vice was at the time, in comparasion.

So, I still come back. Althought right now I am playing VCS my second time, this time on the PS2 and aiming the 100%.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (BlackCorsair @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 17:09)
Althought right now I am playing VCS my second time, this time on the PS2 and aiming the 100%.

In all honesty, I do not like VCS. I got it on Day 1 for the PSP, got to the part when you killed Marty, and lost interest in it. Then I played it on the PS2 after going through GTAIV and the Trilogy set, and while I made it through the whole thing, I found the game to be boring. I also gotta say, I do not like the Red Balloons for the same reason I do not like the pigeons, having to shoot them, which 95% of the time gives you a star on your wanted level.

dee8ball
  • dee8ball

*clap... *clap... *clap...

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

GTA Vice City was The first game i ever Played.
So yes i Still Play it. Sadly the copy for ps2 i had was broken. facedesk.gif
But i got it and the rest of the series on Steam for $15. lol.gif

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

I still play the game... sometimes i don't play for a long time, but when i put the copy in my ps2 i'm stuck for days... i love this game!!!

and it's the only gta game i bought twice , a copy for my ps2 and a pc copy for mods!

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

Alas no, PS2 died, PC died, I rely on my iPad for net use.

Still, if they work towards getting VC (and SA for that matter) running on iOS and Android it would be awesome. Hell if they can get GTA:III running, why not? Then I really would be lost to the world.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

I only got 100% on Vice City one time without cheating. What holds me back the most is those god damn rampage missions. The one with the sword I swear is the worst. Forget getting 100% though, I can def enjoy the hell out of this game just by doing the story.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

I've never gotten a 100% before. This concerned me, so ive started 100%ing III, VC, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories on Xbox, Ps2, iOS, and ps3 downloadable versions. I want to 100% every available versions of the IIIera, before V comes out, which I'll probably be able to do considering R*s drunken release rate.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Friday, May 4 2012, 23:38)
I've never gotten a 100% before. This concerned me, so ive started 100%ing III, VC, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories on Xbox, Ps2, iOS, and ps3 downloadable versions. I want to 100% every available versions of the IIIera, before V comes out, which I'll probably be able to do considering R*s drunken release rate.

I cannot get 100% in VCS. I cannot beat anything that requires you to fly a plane, the Hunter mission, or Land Sea Air Ace in the time they ask.

ogiELman
  • ogiELman

DYOM Designer

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

I don't have to say anything. I just love VC,when i remember old good times...VC is the best.

SL1DE
  • SL1DE

GoodFella

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

I still play it, it's my favourite GTA.

Even though I was forced to download it on PC because... Well, you know how it is. A small scratch on the PS2 version of the game makes Flash FM break so you have to disable the radio, but even then some parts of the map will not load so the game freezes. sad.gif

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

I remember playing GTA III in Christmas 2001 with a brand new PS2 and said "wow", but just messed around. Now the first time i played Vice City was at a relatives house about 2002/2003 and again I just messed around because it was fun and outstanding. So i then bought another PS2 9 years later with GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, LCS and VCS, but my favourite GTA has to be Vice City of the nostalgia of playing the game, the outstanding 70's/80's soundtrack, the outstanding gameplay, the character scripts and acting, and most of all, the outstanding and most innovated GTA game since 97' i think.

Also i think Grand Theft Auto Vice City will always be better than any modern game in the gaming industry of the well put together story etc.

Long Live Vice City 1986 and Vice City Stories 1984

10 years of VC and the renaming of DMA Design to R* North

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

Even though it's not my favorite, I still play VC along with the other PS2 GTAs. If you're a fan of the series, why would you stop?

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

I'm in the process of playing all of the GTAs in chronological order. Finished VCS earlier now it's Vice City's turn.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

I don't play Vice City anymore but I think it would have been nice to play it once again since is has been a long time since I beat the game. But usually I have some work to do these days and I'm a PS3 or Retroguy when I eventually play video games.

I played Vice City for the first time in late 2002 or early 2003. GTA III was my favourite game back then and it was nice to play a following game. I didn't become a huge Vice City fan though. I decided to stick with GTA III and I also remember that I couldn't beat two missions in VC (a boat race mission and a mission on a construction place) so I stopped playing the game because of that too. Obviously those missions aren't hard today but I was 10 years old at the time and didn't replay many things back then. When I eventually wanted to play some Vice City and above all just driving around and have som fun I realised that it was something seriously wrong with the disc and game. The roads and houses disappeard and all that stuff. You couldn't even drive on the road because they changed colors, disappeared and the game freezed. I bought a new disc some years later, maybe it was in 2006 or something. I eventually beat the game and thought it was an awesome game. Not as good as GTA III but obviously a great game like usual. GTA always make great games.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

At the time I thought all the problems with my disc started because we used some cheat codes and that they destroyed the game, but I'm not really sure about that. That would just have been strange.

S2580
  • S2580

You ain't a big shot. You ain't even a medium shot.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

i sure do, its my favorite in the series and i'm actually planning starting a new game soon. everything about it is just so good inlove.gif

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

I have played it 5 minutes ago. tounge.gif

BlackCorsair
  • BlackCorsair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Still do. Always time for some drive by in Little Haiti on a rainy night to make sure they don`t forget who is the boss of the whole town tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users