50 replies to this topic
Florz
  • Florz

Freak on a Leash

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Dear GTAForums,

I just wanted to know if some of you still Play Vice City from time to time and on which console ?
If you ask me, i never stopped playing GTA Vice City all over the time. I purchased it 2002 for my PS2 and later for my xbox, and now with the xbox slim i can still play it and its still better than most of the games released today.

Do you still Play it ? When was the First time you did ?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

Yes, of coarse I still play it..Vice City is the First GTA I beat 100%...I started out playing it on PC, then I got the PS2 version and later the X-Box version, which I play on the 360 a little bit..I like the PC version best-it has the best graphics, and seems like it is the easiest out of all 3 versions, as there are missions like Phenom Penh 86, Death Row, and Guardian Angels, which I can pass first time(and without losing any health/Little to no Armor) on PC, that took me many many tries on the Console versions...Plus, the PC version has Full HD support, as seen here: user posted image lol tounge2.gif I don't think it is possible to change the resolution on the PS2 version? Vice City(and Vice City Stories) have killer 80's soundtracks, which make the games that much better to play...I don't really play the X-Box version-mostly PC and occasionally PS2...I also find it a lot easier using the mouse/keyboard controls than using a controller...The only reason it says Option not available, is cause I already loaded a game, and you cannot change the resolution after loading a game...lol

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

The first time I ever played GTA Vice City was probably March 2003. If I'm correct, my mom bought Vice City for my dad on his birthday. He turned 38 that year, and I was just 3. He played the game first, then I gave it a go. Now here I am, 9 years later.

I still have that PS2 copy, which is in very rough shape after so long. In fact, it doesn't work.

Florz
  • Florz

Freak on a Leash

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

You can play via HDMI 1080p on xbox 360 slim if you still own the Vice City CD for the old xbox. That works fine and is real HD.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Florz @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 12:37)
You can play via HDMI 1080p on xbox 360 slim if you still own the Vice City CD for the old xbox. That works fine and is real HD.

No it's not, it's UPSCALED, Xbox is 480p and all games render at 480p, the Xbox 360 takes that 480p signal and upsclaes it to whatever resolution you have your Xbox 360 set to.

PS2 renders at: 640x440 interlaced
Xbox renders at: 640x480 progressive
PC renders at whatever resolution you choose, progressive

The Xbox version, however, which came later, has higher quality models, textures and effects for the game which makes it look better.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

Of course. I still have my PS2 copy and apart from the missing game map the case and game disc are in a similar condition to the day I got the game in October 2002.

Also having never played the PC version before I picked up the PC version a few weeks ago for $15AUD.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 03:11)
Of course. I still have my PS2 copy and apart from the missing game map the case and game disc are in a similar condition to the day I got the game in October 2002.

Also having never played the PC version before I picked up the PC version a few weeks ago for $15AUD.

Didn't Australia butcher the game with censorship? Or was that San Andreas and Episodes From Liberty City?

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 14:32)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 03:11)

Didn't Australia butcher the game with censorship? Or was that San Andreas and Episodes From Liberty City?

Funnily enough I'm pretty sure SA was never censored initially (That was before the whole hot coffee fiasco), but yes VC was butchered by censorship.

My PS2 copy is from the U.K.

Florz
  • Florz

Freak on a Leash

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

GTA Vice City, GTA 3 and GTA San Andreas got censored here in Austria/Germany. The blood effects was away and some other brutal things. But i did not buy this crap, i purchased them from the U.K. uncut.

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

First Person Shooter Aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Florz, you say that you play VC on your Xbox 360 slim. I was thinking of picking up VC for Xbox to play on my Xbox 360 slim and I wanted to know how the game plays and if the sound is alright, because I have heard if you're playing it on Xbox 360, then the sound is all messed up and that the radio doesn't work properly either. Can you please tell me if this is true? Thank you!

And yeah, on topic, I play VC a whole lot on PC, especially Vice City Multiplayer, and I keep playing the missions over and over too! smile.gif

Florz
  • Florz

Freak on a Leash

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Florz, you say that you play VC on your Xbox 360 slim. I was thinking of picking up VC for Xbox to play on my Xbox 360 slim and I wanted to know how the game plays and if the sound is alright, because I have heard if you're playing it on Xbox 360, then the sound is all messed up and that the radio doesn't work properly either. Can you please tell me if this is true? Thank you!  And yeah, on topic, I play VC a whole lot on PC, especially Vice City Multiplayer, and I keep playing the missions over and over too! smile.gif

I purchased the Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy package for the old xbox. And it plays really good at the new xbox 360 slim. I never had issues in the past and i never will have one in the future. These copy's are great and the xbox 360 slim plays it without any problems. I never had sound issues or picture issues or graphic issues. The graphic is even better as it is on the PS2. I would say, if you really like Vice City, buy it for your PC or for the xbox. But don't illegal download it. That's not cool whatsthat.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:13 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 09 April 2012 - 11:40 AM.

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 23:14)
but yes VC was butchered by censorship.

Was it just blood and hookers for Australia? I wouldn't consider that butchered. The German version was butchered. Haitian and rampage missions were taken out entirely.

I still play VC from time to time. But I don't play it just because the game is fun, I still play it because of modding is fun.

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

First Person Shooter Aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Florz @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 13:47)
Florz, you say that you play VC on your Xbox 360 slim. I was thinking of picking up VC for Xbox to play on my Xbox 360 slim and I wanted to know how the game plays and if the sound is alright, because I have heard if you're playing it on Xbox 360, then the sound is all messed up and that the radio doesn't work properly either. Can you please tell me if this is true? Thank you!  And yeah, on topic, I play VC a whole lot on PC, especially Vice City Multiplayer, and I keep playing the missions over and over too! smile.gif

I purchased the Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy package for the old xbox. And it plays really good at the new xbox 360 slim. I never had issues in the past and i never will have one in the future. These copy's are great and the xbox 360 slim plays it without any problems. I never had sound issues or picture issues or graphic issues. The graphic is even better as it is on the PS2. I would say, if you really like Vice City, buy it for your PC or for the xbox. But don't illegal download it. That's not cool whatsthat.gif

Haha, sweet! Thanks dude. I better go pick up a copy of VC for Xbox now wink.gif

Florz
  • Florz

Freak on a Leash

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Even the Main Menu and the graphics are not the same as on PS2 and PC. The same with GTA III, menu design is different and look a lot better.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

i played that game in club gamers and i still didnt complete last misson cos i dont have any ennough to play that game

renatourbano123
  • renatourbano123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

I still play, the VC-MP only

Florz
  • Florz

Freak on a Leash

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Isnt that down ? I mean, i tried it. But there was no server to connect to.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Florz @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 20:08)

Isnt that down ? I mean, i tried it. But there was no server to connect to.

There's probably at least 500 people still playing on it at most.

Just compare that so SA:MP though; the server I go on has a maximum of 604 people.

Florz
  • Florz

Freak on a Leash

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

There's probably at least 500 people still playing on it at most.  Just compare that so SA:MP though; the server I go on has a maximum of 604 people.

My fault. I thought nobody would play VC-MP anymore. I played MTA San Andreas for like 4 years. But i stopped, i dunno why. Dont have time anymore i guess biggrin.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

It depends on what you consider being the first time playing it.

My brother got it back when it first came out in 2002. Now he was 16 when it came out and I was 20, but he enjoyed the series more than I did. I pretty much only would pick up the controller when I had nothing better to do, turn on the game, and just run around whatever areas of the map he had unlocked and mow down hordes of people with the cheat codes and just explore the city. If you count that as playing it, then I played it back in 2002.

If not, then it would not be until I played through GTAIV for the first time in 2008 that I became an actual fan of the series and picked up the Trilogy set and actually went through the entire game. Man, I had a lot of fun, and then sadly, my backwards compatible PS3 died in 2009, taking all of my GTA data with it (including the two PSP ports), so I never really went back to any of them again outside of IV since I had recently backed up my data on a flashdrive. It was depressing.

However, I just recently watched the movie Scarface for the first time, and now it got me into the mood to replay this game. Of course, back in Jan Rockstar announced it would be coming to the PSN, so I'm holding out on that version before I play it since my saved data will not be compatible and my PS2 is starting to kick the bucket.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:23 PM Edited by Cole Phelps Gta, 11 April 2012 - 01:35 PM.

Believe it or not. I bought vice city pre owned on ps2 about 8 years ago. It still works to this day and i still play it to this day. My last playthrow was the start of last year. I'm planning on playing it again after i finish with san andreas. It's been years since i last played san andreas so i'm taking my time plus for the first time i'm trying to finish it 100% so i wont be in vice for a while yet

I'm trying to finish every gta 100% before V drops
Tbogt 100%
TlAd 98% All i have to do is find the seagulls i'm doing it later (long story)
San andreas 87% havent left ventures yet.

next i'll play vice city and vcs and complete them 100% I'll probably play something different after san andreas though to break it up and to stop it getting repetitive

off topic: It's going to be interesting to see if i can complete all the ps2/x box 360 gta's 100% before V drops. On one hand i have plenty of time and i'm a huge gamer. I allways like to be playing throw a game i'm a nerd like that. On the other hand i've still got quiet a few games to go yet and it'll take me forever to finish them all

gta III / L.C.S / Vice city/ V.C.S /Gta IV thats like a year of playing right their moto_whistle.gif

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (Cole Phelps Gta @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 00:23)
Believe it or not. I bought vice city pre owned on ps2 about 8 years ago. It still works to this day and i still play it to this day. My last playthrow was the start of last year. I'm planning on playing it again after i finish with san andreas. It's been years since i last played san andreas so i'm taking my time plus for the first time i'm trying to finish it 100% so i wont be in vice for a while yet

I'm trying to finish every gta 100% before V drops
Tbogt 100%
TlAd 98% All i have to do is find the seagulls i'm doing it later (long story)
San andreas 87% havent left ventures yet.

next i'll play vice city and vcs and complete them 100% I'll probably play something different after san andreas though to break it up and to stop it getting repetitive

off topic: It's going to be interesting to see if i can complete all the ps2/x box 360 gta's 100% before V drops. On one hand i have plenty of time and i'm a huge gamer. I allways like to be playing throw a game i'm a nerd like that. On the other hand i've still got quiet a few games to go yet and it'll take me forever to finish them all

gta III / L.C.S / Vice city/ V.C.S /Gta IV thats like a year of playing right their moto_whistle.gif

You're doing better than me. 14 years as a GTA fan and have never got 100% in any of them. Funnily enough the last full play through I done of VC was all the way back in 2003.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

Yeah, I don't have the patience to get 100%. Lost and Damned is the only one I have gotten 100% in. The only thing keeping me from getting 100% in Gay Tony are the mission scores. I have done everything else. At least, I think those counted, if not, then I do have 100% but I do not remember at the moment.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

to this day, I still play vice city. In fact, i just finished another playthrough a few weeks ago and I'm now trying to get 100%.

DonutPT
  • DonutPT

IBRACADABRA

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Playing it again. Almost finishin'

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

Gay Furry Extraordinaire

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

I'm actually playing right now,on the ps2.I have the old version with the tear gas stuff from behind the VCPD in Washington Beach.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:48 AM Edited by Racecarlock, 18 April 2012 - 08:01 AM.

I think I'm going to start again in about 20 minutes. Such a perfect game. The game that made me fall in love with the sandbox genre. And not just because of the tank rampages. The beach, the music, the 80s, it's just perfect. Even with the camera control quirks.

Edit: Just played it for about 20 minutes. Felt like a breath of fresh air. But not just any fresh air. Fresh air that tastes like cake and ice cream and smells like beach paradise. I haven't felt this happy in a long time.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

started a new game recently, just finished "Rub Out" and "Demolition Man". The cool style of Vice City hasn't been lost. One thing that surprised me was how fast the game moves, not the missions but the camera, and the car physics. Everythings so responsive, as well as that Tommy runs REALLY fast, not like Niko who jogged around and took each step one at a time lol.
Just waiting to finish the Vercetti Mansion Asset missions then I can start with the Cuban and Haitains missions which are probably the most fun.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

You aren't too far from where I am. For the main story missions, I just did Bar Brawl. However, I have spent the last two days working on my assets (just finished the car dealership completely) and I spent yesterday doing all of the unique stunt jumps. Today, I am going to aim to get the remaining 15 Rampages out of the way, along with probably doing Copland so I can have the police uniform for the first Malibu mission.

I've gotta say I hate the camera and I hate aiming. There are times when the gun will just freeze up and no matter how many times I hit O, the guy will not fire and I end up losing a lot of health. However, my biggest gripe comes from the Rampages that tell you to blow up vehicles in 2 minutes because they don't seem to actually provide you with the vehicles to make that possible. It takes like 30 seconds just for the first vehicle to spawn and then 15 seconds between, so by the time I am down to 10 seconds, I only have like 5 vehicles destroyed.

DonutPT
  • DonutPT

IBRACADABRA

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (tommyv2468 @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 04:29)
I'm actually playing right now,on the ps2.I have the old version with the tear gas stuff from behind the VCPD in Washington Beach.

there is a version of the game which there is no gas spray? : O I have that version for ps2. For pc i didn't notice if it has tear gas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users