Dutch gamekings to feature GTA V info

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic
EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Celticfang @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 10:43)
Assuming they overheard info, would they even be allowed to publish it? I have no clue how journalism is in Holland, but they'd check their sources first right? Assume they go to R* who are under an NDA, they wouldn't then be able to publish anything 'new' about V.

Same goes for R* answering V questions. They won't, simple as, they are most likely under an NDA.

This is most likely the case. People here really aren't "casual" fans, we're really into the game and we're checking on it everyday. If you're a casual fan then this new MP crew feature might be news to you

Forumrunner
  • Forumrunner

"WHY SO SERIOUS?"

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 13:26)
QUOTE (Celticfang @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 10:43)
Assuming they overheard info, would they even be allowed to publish it? I have no clue how journalism is in Holland, but they'd check their sources first right? Assume they go to R* who are under an NDA, they wouldn't then be able to publish anything 'new' about V.

Same goes for R* answering V questions. They won't, simple as, they are most likely under an NDA.

This is most likely the case. People here really aren't "casual" fans, we're really into the game and we're checking on it everyday. If you're a casual fan then this new MP crew feature might be news to you

I really, really hope you're not right. You probably are, but the only thing I don't get is why they claim it's exclusive news. Because PU.nl (another Dutch gaming site, they work kind of co-operative with Gamekings) has already brought this out to the public. So they would be kinda late.

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

I really hope they're gonna have new info c: tired of the wait!

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Guys go outside and enjoy your day. Because there are going to be many more days just like this one before we get any info.

The exclusive info will be from an English speaking source. Its just how it is.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Rockstar highlights any magazine preview they cooperated with on Newswire, tagged preview. If you don't see an article mentioned there it probably doesn't have any new info.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Ugh I suddenly feel struck with despair sad.gif

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

The guy from Gamekings doesn't say it with much enthousiasm.. If he really had something he wouldn't be like "ooh and we he have something about GTA V too".

They might have heard something, but in the end they're probably just speculation on it. It's gonna be incredibly lame I think.

D.Dodge
  • D.Dodge

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (chuckberry04 @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 23:14)
The guy from Gamekings doesn't say it with much enthousiasm.. If he really had something he wouldn't be like "ooh and we he have something about GTA V too".

They might have heard something, but in the end they're probably just speculation on it. It's gonna be incredibly lame I think.

You know that you are speculating on what they have heard right? You are speculating about them speculating. Think for a sec before posting please. It's anoying.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:32 AM Edited by chuckberry04, 08 April 2012 - 12:41 AM.

QUOTE (D.Dodge @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 00:04)

You know that you are speculating on what they have heard right? You are speculating about them speculating. Think for a sec before posting please. It's anoying.

Don't try to act like youre smarter, cause you're not.

I just gave my opinion, which states the obvious. He isn't very excited about the "new info", so they heard something and they're speculating on it.

And yeah than I am speculating about them speculating. I just gave the most plausible option.
In case you didn't notice, most people are speculating about it.. I was just tired of everybody saying it will probably be about the crew-system and stuff, cause it's won't.

Atm this whole forum is about speculation.. What exactly is your point? It's not guys like me that are annoying, but guys like you that don't add aything usefull to a topic.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

Take it to the pm's guys, you're derailing the topic.

On-Topic, one way or the other, we'll find out tomorrow night.

D.Dodge
  • D.Dodge

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (chuckberry04 @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 00:32)
QUOTE (D.Dodge @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 00:04)

Don't try to act like youre smarter, cause you're not.

I just gave my opinion, which states the obvious. He isn't very excited about the "new info", so they heard something and they're speculating on it.

And yeah than I am speculating about them speculating. I just gave the most plausible option.
In case you didn't notice, most people are speculating about it.. I was just tired of everybody saying it will probably be about the crew-system and stuff, cause it's won't.

Atm this whole forum is about speculation.. What exactly is your point? It's not guys like me that are annoying, but guys like you that don't add aything usefull to a topic.

It's not about the forum, but people in general. And you're doing it again by saying that I am not smarter than you. Neither of us will probably know. So that statement is invalid. I just hate people that do not think before they say something. That doesn't include this forum only. Just saying.

I know everything is about speculation, and that's another thing I hate. I just posted the message.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

How many mags and TV shows, thus far, have claimed that they had "new" info and it turn out to be total bullsh*t? This isn't gonna be no different. They're just trying to drum up some interest just to get viewers. English sources will be first, then the rest of the 3rd world:)(zip)

tejasm
  • tejasm

Mr West is in the building

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

All it means is that R* themselves will reveal info on Monday,and this GameKings channel will just broadcast that. There's no way these guys are the only ones,maybe other companies are doing something too.

Obese_Tony
  • Obese_Tony

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 01:43)
then the rest of the 3rd world:)(zip)

Must... resist... replying to troll...

Chickenwing
  • Chickenwing

You See it in the Movies.....

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 01:43)
How many mags and TV shows, thus far, have claimed that they had "new" info and it turn out to be total bullsh*t? This isn't gonna be no different. They're just trying to drum up some interest just to get viewers. English sources will be first, then the rest of the 3rd world:)(zip)

You think Netherlands is third world?

Has to be trolling..... nervous.gif

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (D.Dodge @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 18:04)
A few weeks ago they went to Rockstar games to play Max Payne 3 multiplayer and see the singleplayer. In this particular item: http://www.gamekings...nou-ff-kwijt-4/ they announce that the new Gamekings episode, which will air on monday on Dutch MTV, will feature MP3 information as well as GTA V information.

In the item that I just posted the guy with the short hair (the editor) tells us that while they were at Rockstar games they also picked up some GTA V information.

Won't that just be info on Crews (which Rockstar have already announced will carry over from MP3 to V)?

Forumrunner
  • Forumrunner

"WHY SO SERIOUS?"

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Staten @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 14:00)
QUOTE (D.Dodge @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 18:04)
A few weeks ago they went to Rockstar games to play Max Payne 3 multiplayer and see the singleplayer. In this particular item: http://www.gamekings...nou-ff-kwijt-4/ they announce that the new Gamekings episode, which will air on monday on Dutch MTV, will feature MP3 information as well as GTA V information.

In the item that I just posted the guy with the short hair (the editor) tells us that while they were at Rockstar games they also picked up some GTA V information.

Won't that just be info on Crews (which Rockstar have already announced will carry over from MP3 to V)?

Did you even read any of this thread?

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Forumrunner @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 14:05)
Did you even read any of this thread?

Yes, I certainly did.

SantAntoni-DC
  • SantAntoni-DC

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

They were at R* in 2009 for a hands on of The Lost And Damned, when they started asking questions for the camera the guy from R* just repeatedly said ''No comment'', so i guess that will happen again, or just like some one else said, maybe they will say something when the new information will come. + They also do a webitem thats called Livekings wich is from 4PM to 6PM, so 2 weeks ago the new trailer from Max Payne 3 was aired in holland at 5 PM, during the live show a bald guy called Boris, already said that he had downloaded the trailer, but he needed to wait to 5PM because he could get in trouble.

So they are definitly reliable, but i think we will get a really tiny bit of info. smile.gif

(The link of the video when they were at R* for the Lost And Damned hands-on : http://www.gamekings...and-the-damned/ )

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

It's not about the forum, but people in general. And you're doing it again by saying that I am not smarter than you. Neither of us will probably know. So that statement is invalid. I just hate people that do not think before they say something. That doesn't include this forum only. Just saying.

I know everything is about speculation, and that's another thing I hate. I just posted the message

I meant in this particular 'discussion'. You obiously think you're smarter cause YOU won't speculate on people that mightt be speculating themselves. I only stated the obvious, based on what the guy said and in what whay he said it, because some people here were just looking at it in the wrong way or aren't thinking straight.

I thought it was a good idea to mention the way he talked about the GTA-info and how I think about it in general than. This is the way it works around here, someone makes a topic and other people share their ideas.. So don't go the "I'm talking about people in general" way, cause you're on a GTA V forum here and people are speculating. Otherwise all we could say is "thanks for the info" and other lame stuff, most of the comments here are about speculation.

The way I see it is, YOU hate speculating and are having problems with accepting other people are different. Also you started this topic and are probably, I dunno, frustrated or something cause of my good speculating and it probably being nothing. With your 2nd message I'm actually starting to believe that I am indeed smarter. I wouldn't make such a fallacious, unfounded attack to begin with.

stu
  • stu

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

I just skimmed through this thread so this might have been mentioned already.

Ok well first off just think about what we have heard so far about GTA V. We've obviously had the trailer, and apart from that we've just had pretty vague and general stuff. In one of the interviews Dan Houser was incredibly careful when asked a question and his response was something like "I have to be careful here or the guys in the office will kill me." He then just repeated the official press release.

They're not going to let anything slip, and they'll only reveal stuff when they want. I'll be honest I've never heard of these Dutch guys, so do you really think that R* would choose them for announcing anything of any importance? They usually just put out a press release, and on the rare occasions they choose a third party such a game reviewer then it's a big well known one.

If they do have anything, it will probably be a general "Yes we at R* are very excited about GTA V and it's going to be huge blah blah blah". I really don't think it's going to be anything particularly interesting I'm afraid.

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but let's look at it from their perspective. These people from the Dutch gaming network are invited to R* to play Max Payne 3 and overheard information about GTA5. I don't find that hard to believe, these things happens! HOWEVER... would the Dutch gaming network really want to leak overheard information about GTA5? I mean really... would they do something like that? Gaming studios would never trust them with exclusive information, never invite them to try out games which aren't released yet. OK 'never' is a strong word, but many gaming studios would simply NOT trust them and can these people over at the Dutch gaming network afford publicity like that? Sure, they would gain viewers if they release GTA5 information but they would not be invited as often to play games or get exclusive information about games. When they lose that, they will lose their new viewers.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

I've actually come to believe they might have caught some small bit of info, some small detail. I hope somebody here speaks Dutch and can tell us what it is on Monday.

Forumrunner
  • Forumrunner

"WHY SO SERIOUS?"

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

I'll post it. I'll put it up here right after it.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 17:09)
I've actually come to believe they might have caught some small bit of info, some small detail. I hope somebody here speaks Dutch and can tell us what it is on Monday.

Countless dutch people here

D.Dodge
  • D.Dodge

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (chuckberry04 @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 15:55)

I know everything is about speculation, and that's another thing I hate. I just posted the message

I meant in this particular 'discussion'. You obiously think you're smarter cause YOU won't speculate on people that mightt be speculating themselves. I only stated the obvious, based on what the guy said and in what whay he said it, because some people here were just looking at it in the wrong way or aren't thinking straight.

I thought it was a good idea to mention the way he talked about the GTA-info and how I think about it in general than. This is the way it works around here, someone makes a topic and other people share their ideas.. So don't go the "I'm talking about people in general" way, cause you're on a GTA V forum here and people are speculating. Otherwise all we could say is "thanks for the info" and other lame stuff, most of the comments here are about speculation.

The way I see it is, YOU hate speculating and are having problems with accepting other people are different. Also you started this topic and are probably, I dunno, frustrated or something cause of my good speculating and it probably being nothing. With your 2nd message I'm actually starting to believe that I am indeed smarter. I wouldn't make such a fallacious, unfounded attack to begin with.

Based on a few messages no one could come to a conclusion on who is smarter. Let's not continue that discussion. We know this discussion won't have a so called "winner" because we probably won't agree here and therefore we probably think we are both right, which in this case, is not quite possible.

You speculation about me being frustrated is true. I am frustrated, but not due to your comments. Well, it does play a part since I get frustrated by people that speculate, assume, think and so on without knowing everything about the case. No offence, even (well even?) politics and the government are doing it day after day.

So just stop. We probably both have our own ideas about this subject.

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Where exactly will this air? Is it an internet show, Dutch television or international television?

Forumrunner
  • Forumrunner

"WHY SO SERIOUS?"

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (huevos_benedicto_180 @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 19:51)
Where exactly will this air? Is it an internet show, Dutch television or international television?

Dutch television. And if you convert the time, the show will air at 13:25 Californian time, and 16:25 in New York.

UncleVlad
  • UncleVlad

Vice City Stories!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

It's Dutch Television. And it's gonna air on MTV. Totally gonna watch it, but I shouldn't look too much in it. Probably Los Santos and the surrounding hills blablabla.

StellarFish20
  • StellarFish20

Pow.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Forumrunner @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 20:54)

Dutch television. And if you convert the time, the show will air at 13:25 Californian time, and 16:25 in New York.

And I think 21:25 for UK, might be wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users