Photo

save game problems

5 replies to this topic
hyundaigetz
  • hyundaigetz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

I bought GTA SA because i love modding games. So im not really bothered about completing the game. So i downloaded a save game along with some mods, none of these worked as i had version 2.00. So i downloaded the patch which worked fine. So now i tried to run the save game, and the loading screen came up it all the way to the end, then the game crashed (gta_sa.exe has stopped working) so i downloaded another, and it did not work. so i removed all mods and unistalled the game, then reinstalled it, then tried it again and it still did not work, ive tried one more and still no luck. What can i do, please help! Ive run as admin and on xp service pack 2

PS. new games start perfectly

windows vista pro 32 bit
256mb nvidia graphics
3 core amd processor
4gb ram

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:34 PM Edited by lil weasel, 06 April 2012 - 03:38 PM.

This San Andreas Forum is for UN-modded game questions, and problems.
You currently have NO mods installed.
You are playing with the Original DVD in the Drive.

If you need to uninstall again try this. Pay particular importance to #3.

QUOTE (girishb @ Posted Dec 15, 2008 15:42)

If you're on Vista, you'll need to do this:
1) Uninstall SA.
2) Delete the installation folder if it still exists. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
3) Delete the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. The Appdata folder might be hidden. (e.g. C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
4) Delete the gta_sa.set file from your user files folder.
5) Reboot.
6) Reinstall SA.

To Unhide Folders:
START > User > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options> Show Hidden files and Folders.

There is NO patch needed for the Version 2 (Second Edition game already includes all relevant fixes.)
After you have the Clean game installed and working.
You may begin Downgrading, and modding. BUT install one at a time and play the game to ensure it works before installing the next.
When you hit the one that is screwing the game Don't Use It. Or go to the modding forums for help.
If you downgrade (we don't discuss how on these forums) your game is still a Version 2 (.exe) so attempting to use downloaded Version1 games won't work. Reference should be made to the Mission Help Forum's Chain Game for explaination as what you can do.

hyundaigetz
  • hyundaigetz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

thank you for your quick response, it still did not work, but i started a new game and can load that perfectly!!!! I dont know whats wrong.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Upload that savefile here, post the download link and someone will have a look at your save to see if something's wrong with it.

hyundaigetz
  • hyundaigetz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

one of them http://www.gtainside...wnload&id=32944

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

That is a version 1 savefile. It will not work with your v2 game. You'll have to find a v2 save only.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users