PLANES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic
TheFlyingAngel
  • TheFlyingAngel

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

this topic is to discuss planes and what features u want in them..

for me

id like powersliding to the fighter planes

missles

crosshair

Pleasure_Pier
  • Pleasure_Pier

Cult Member

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

No.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Pleasure_Pier @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 23:20)
No.

this icon14.gif

i just want to pilot them.nothing more

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

I would like to be able to lock on a target with the planes that have guns and missiles.

TheFlyingAngel
  • TheFlyingAngel

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

also faster dogfights, not boring ones .. it will make 1vs1 Air2Air a very fun thing , also make many people able to get iin 1 plane, but not make em so powerfull vs ground people cuz then it will be choas.. id like a dogfight deathmatch mode too smile.gif

soryy for english XD

Kent Traffic Cop
  • Kent Traffic Cop

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

id also liek this it wood b well gud 2 fly da plane n shoot sum things

sarcasm.gif

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

If anything, I just want them to be in the game PERIOD.

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

I reject cross hairs because this is 3rd person view and it's easy enough to take out everything on the ground or air already, just takes practice. Don't need noobs with crosshairs.

What the hell is powersliding fighter planes? You mean thrust vectoring? Cuz if it's a ghey Toyko Drift with a jet count me out as that would be balls. I'm more in the camp of realism and deploying landing gear and flaps and stuff...

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

For me I'd like to see parts of the plane break off when they explode, kind of like how the helicopters in IV loose their rotor blades and tail when they explode, unlike in SA when the plane will remain intact or if you crash it whilst flying it'll just disappear. I don't want it to fall to tiny pieces I mean just have the wings, tail and maybe cockpit break off when it explodes.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Kent Traffic Cop @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 23:31)

sarcasm.gif

is this english suicidal.gif

TheFlyingAngel
  • TheFlyingAngel

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

the chopper in IV was awful when it comes to 1vs1 air2air

TheFlyingAngel
  • TheFlyingAngel

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

fighter planes - kinda like this

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

I would be happy if they had plane physics and controls like in Battlefield 3 (You could fly planes 3rd person view in that game).

Long_Haired_Boy
  • Long_Haired_Boy

Whilst everyone's lost, the battle is won

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Really real real real realistic wow.gif

Kent Traffic Cop
  • Kent Traffic Cop

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 23:34)
QUOTE (Kent Traffic Cop @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 23:31)

sarcasm.gif

is this english suicidal.gif

I was taking the p*ss icon14.gif

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Kent Traffic Cop @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 00:31)

Haha lol.gif

@ AlexGTAGamer: Same here, man. I liked the way the helicopters would break into sections and billows of smoke would form everywhere. I have a feeling we'll see that mainly because they've got the helicopters in. Surely someone must have noticed this at one point and asked "Do the planes do this too?". Also, the heat you can see coming from the exhaust (not sure if that's the right term in the world of aeronautics but meh) shows that they've tweaked with the helicopters a bit. Let's hope they've upped the damage effects, too.

Colonel Dre
  • Colonel Dre

Non Duxit Nos Inducas

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

I would like to see a the planes be more realistic then San Andreas.

BUT

That should be a option. So you can switch between advanced or basic

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 00:44)
Let's hope they've upped the damage effects, too.

I just had this mental image of a dogfight with one plane smashing into the wing of the other and that other plane now slowly plummeting back down to earth minus a wing. cool.gif

I can see pretty awesome plane dogfights in V.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Big thanks to Rockstar for not providing any new info for a year, I love reading threads about "how much realistic planes" I want.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:50 PM Edited by fatal1ty619, 05 April 2012 - 11:59 PM.

icon14.gif There is already a topic like this, but I'll bite.

I want it to be somewhat akin to Rigs of Rods, but more like GTA IV era damage. If the plane hits an obstacle, (or a rough 'touch n go'), but not hard enough to render it disabled, it should maybe bend the wing(s) and make it more difficult to control. If the plane has fixed landing gear, and you land too hard, it should bend it, to the point where it would be difficult to take off again. I also want the ability to belly land. It pissed me off how in SA when you skidded the ground (not even hard) the plane spontaneously exploded for no reason. I also want propellers to be similar to those that are on helicopters (in how they fling unwary mortals to the ocean devil.gif ) and jet engines to shoot things back when walking too close behind (or getting sucked in walking too close ahead devil.gif ).

it would also be cool if damage caused an engine to fail. The plane would have to be lofted somewhere (or just jump out dozingoff.gif ) or if it is a plane with twin engines, it could stay up in the air, but be very difficult to do so. This is all a bit overkill, but I personally would love to try to fly in one of these situations, let alone when there is someone trying to take me out cool.gif

Been playing flight simulators lately, and it is just hard to embrace it when there is no damage in a "simulator"
EDIT: Welcome back Zee icon14.gif great to have your input.

KidInTheHall
  • KidInTheHall

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

Give me a mustang with machine guns please.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:03 AM Edited by TheGreatGig23, 06 April 2012 - 12:10 AM.

QUOTE (AlexGTAGamer @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 00:49)
QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 00:44)
Let's hope they've upped the damage effects, too.

I just had this mental image of a dogfight with one plane smashing into the wing of the other and that other plane now slowly plummeting back down to earth minus a wing. cool.gif

I can see pretty awesome plane dogfights in V.

This does sound pretty damn fun. I'm really looking forward to the missions in which the plane is used. The helicopter missions in GTA were a bit too slow-paced for my liking. With the Hydra, there's no such thing as slow.

@ fatal1ty619: All of that sounds bloody good. Especially the effects of the propellers or jets. I can just picture myself getting low in the Hydra, pulling up really quickly and watching the peds get blown all over the shop. (Is it me or did that last sentence sound like some kind of pervy euphemism?)

Edit: I'll now hang my head in shame.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 00:03)
(Is it me or did that last sentence sound like some kind of pervy euphemism?)

It didn't sound perverted until you said that... sarcasm.gif

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Exactly like in SA please. smile.gif

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

I want the planes to fit with the world and the character. I'm guessing the main character won't be an especially experience pilot, so I think planes should be somewhat difficult to fly and thus require a bit of a learning curve. Not too difficult, but one that provides a bit of challenge, so that there is a sense of accomplishment when you master piloting. It should be moderately simple to learn, but very difficult to master (and I'm generally very bad at doing this kind of stuff so I'm not wanting it to be this way purely for my benefit).

Basically: Realistic, but able to do ridiculous stuff with lots of practice and skill.

Kent Traffic Cop
  • Kent Traffic Cop

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Zee @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 23:50)
Big thanks to Rockstar for not providing any new info for a year, I love reading threads about "how much realistic planes" I want.

icon14.gif

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Put a Bugatti that flies with rocket lauchers on each side and fires missles then were good wink.gif

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:16 AM Edited by SmC12, 06 April 2012 - 01:19 AM.

How realistic?

Well.. I'd like to be able to take off and land, maybe do some turns, be able to speed up and slow down, and maybe jump out? No..wait a minute, this is GTA we can't have that.

What I really want is to be able to set my Altimeter to the outside air pressure, so I can have accurate readings on my Altitude. Also I'd like to programme my flightpath into the FMC and configure the autopilot to track my waypoints along the flightpath, whilst holding my desidred altitude, course (with simulated gyro drift) and speed - so I'd also like R* to include both IAS and Mach speed settings. Additionally, I'd like full use of instument and navigation equipment, including VOR's and NDB's located throughout the map, which I can tune to the recieving frequency. For the airports, I'd like a fully functioning ILS system for when the weather is foggy, it must be accurate enough that I can configure the flight computer to land the aircraft without my input. For this to work smoothly it would require a full ATC system in the game to notify me of air traffic and give me clearance to my destination, if I don't have my transponder set to the correct frequency, and if I do not contact ATC on takeoff, I'd like to be intercepted by military fighter jets who will assume the worst and attempt to take me down.

Oh, and make the f*cking landing gear retract!

sigh.gif

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

The planes' landing gear should retract with the same button that turns on the headlights for cars.

I'm honestly just super excited to see what planes will be like in this game! I mean, did you see how fast the planes flew in the trailer? It was unbelievable!

We've seen planes in SA, but those graphics were rubbish compared to GTAV! I'm really excited inlove.gif

Vikkio
  • Vikkio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

I don't want planes. I want flying steaks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users