Photo

Jim Marshall dies at age 88

5 replies to this topic
mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Whether you have owned a JCM 800 or any Marshall amp every musician or music enthuses owes a great debt to the father of loud. Sad day, as a Marshall man myself I am forever grateful for his vision and undyin commitment to excellence.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:11 AM Edited by Slamman, 07 April 2012 - 02:22 AM.

Just as when Les Paul passed, we should have an outpouring of posts here, what happened?? Somehow I missed this story even in the TV news, which is a cryin' shame, Jimi Hendrix's real name was James Marshall, and if it weren't for them working together, who knows how the company would have evolved, when I think about what I'd read in the past, worth a re-read at least

R I P

http://www.premiergu...im_marshall.htm

Slash on Marshall.... Marshall Stacks.... Marshall Stacks what? - Jared Westrup RIP (personal friend who passed away, always think back to some fun goofing around we did and that comment came up after witnessing GREEN JELLO! haha

I had a Marshall catalog with they had that Power Brake product and I was seriously wanting to get one

http://www.hollywood...-of-fame-309204

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Right Slam I guess most people here use Line 6 as this topic has been ignored by the masses of musicians here. At least there's two that will give the father of loud his due. Cheerz Jim!

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:34 PM Edited by Slamman, 08 April 2012 - 03:03 AM.

He is a GOD in the minds of those who know! He will be sorely missed. The name will live on, as the article/s attest. MARSHALL is synonymous with rock and roll electrical music, no doubt. I owned a Combo as well as a tube head, mostly solid state though, and my cabs were ADA 12x2 (split), so there were 4 drivers in all, I sold them at the front of the recession. Lost a lot of gear with this economic fiasco.

I always gave some props to the MG series, their smallest combo, and my good friend Rob is a RANDALL user, but he bought the mini Half-Stack Marshall not too long ago

http://www.thewho.ne...shallstack.html

For whatever reason, I neglected the MARSHALL PLAN, slap me, Mikke! hahaha

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

Haha na no slap needed at least u give respect where its due buddy. Yur 2x12 cabs were ADA's have u ever fukd with the ADA MP-1? Metallica used em in conjunction with Mesa's and Marshall's on Justice and Black. ADA had some great sh*t goin as well.

The MG series is pretty good gets u where u need to be while not killing yur wallet. Another under rated series was the valve state which was later turned into the AVT series. Chuck from Death used the Valve State 100 with a boss DS-1 for a couple records.

Everyone seems to had to scale back rig wise these days, the price of tubes alone these days rape the ole bank account haha. Just now am I even startin to think of addin more sh*t. What's yur rig looking like these days?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:51 AM Edited by Slamman, 13 April 2012 - 03:14 AM.

The ADA models used Celestion Loudspeakers, I think I made $300 selling them and probably paid about the same. The price of musical gear makes it a sound investment
There's a book about Jim from 2003 thereabouts, the man had a work ethic, that's for sure!!

JIM
arshall 4 Eva
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users