Photo

Freezes everytime I play (PS3)

9 replies to this topic
kadardes
  • kadardes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

I downloaded the complete version of this game 2 days ago from the playstation store for $29.99 and so far every single time I've tried to play it has ended up freezing so the only thing I can do is turn off the playstation with the power button.

At first the game played fine until I had been playing for around 20 minutes.The next time I played it only lasted 10 minutes, and everytime after that it hasn't lasted more than 5. I tried moving the console so it has better ventilation (even though I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with overheating as I have never had any issues with any other games I've played) and I have tried uninstalling the game (It wasn't under Game Data Utility like the 2 dlc packages were, it was only under the regular Game menu) and reinstalling twice now as well as deleting the saves.

I have even tried the 12 step "fix" recommended by Take-Two ( http://www.gamespot....aiv-fix-6190279 ) and nothing has worked.

I have also heard there is an update for this game.. maybe it came with the version I downloaded but if not can someone tell me how I could download it? It's too bad this has happened because I have always loved the GTA series and during the brief periods I've been able to play I've had a blast.

If no one has any ideas on what I should do could someone tell me how I could contact Sony to get my money back?

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

It probably is an overheating problem

http://us.playstatio...tions/index.htm

kadardes
  • kadardes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

No, as I said I am quite sure this is not an overheating issue (it is relatively cool, especially compared to playing other more graphics intensive games) and this is the ONLY game that this happens with. I recently vacuumed the vents and also, as I mentioned before, moved it so it has great ventilation now.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

"other more graphics intensive games"? There are none.

kadardes
  • kadardes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Oh okay. That makes a lot of sense sarcasm.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

I could try to argue with you, but even visit to a proctologist would probably be more pleasant. I wish you all the luck in getting your problem fixed.

kadardes
  • kadardes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

I would like to someone to help me, you provided me with a link to contact Sony and I thank you for that but other than that you've just provided information with no basis and pissed me off. I'd like someone to provide helpful information which could actually solve my problem.

kadardes
  • kadardes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

Thank god I posted here.. I got such useful information from this thread.. some retard's opinion and nothing else..

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (kadardes @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 09:02)
Thank god I posted here.. I got such useful information from this thread.. some retard's opinion and nothing else..

Don't be such a jerk. He offered you a suggestion and you refused. If there was any other solution to your problem, you'd have received a response by now but since you haven't, it's safe to say there's not much help that can be offered here. You don't have to accept suggestions from everyone but that does not give you the right to insult someone.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Kid, you really need to learn some manners. News flash for your - you are NOT in the center of the universe. Just as this site is NOT a console kiddie support forum.

You want a solution for your woes?
a) grow up
b) get some manners
c) get some education

In that particular order.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users