Led-bys for GTAG?

17 replies to this topic
Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

My Save file has not been approved yet but I am not in rush. As STM said they are having hard time with Mod Thefts and other sh*ts so I thought that there should be some Led-bys like ZAZ in GTAG so that they can approve the mods and delete the stolen or f*cked up mods. Well, I know that all the great modders are moderators like PatrickW and Dutchy3010 but some of they come online. No offence to anyone but if Led-Bys are set then things will run smoother.

There are 6 sections so you can keep 3-4 Led-Bys so that they can approve the mods (mainly for CLEO and ASI Section, the TCs and Maps Section. These are the places where sh*ts are tight.)

It keeps Staff happy and Modders happy. What do you all think? smile.gif

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

I agree you Dr.John. As many users complain about mod approval in the Network Support, they were said "Be Patient" by the Staff. GTAG needs led-bys because I often see "Files have been uploaded and will appear online shortly" in almost Mod Sections. Keeping the led-bys would solve this problem I think.

There are many many mods in the GTAG. Staff should check mods one-by-one to the mods and trying to catch Mod Thefts while Led-bys work around by watching every movement and removing the mods which are out of rules. icon14.gif

Commons
  • Commons

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:20 AM Edited by Girish, 17 April 2012 - 08:07 AM.

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 16:50)
My Save file has not been approved yet but I am not in rush. As STM said they are having hard time with Mod Thefts and other sh*ts so I thought that there should be some Led-bys like ZAZ in GTAG so that they can approve the mods and delete the stolen or f*cked up mods. Well, I know that all the great modders are moderators like PatrickW and Dutchy3010 but some of they come online. No offence to anyone but if Led-Bys are set then things will run smoother.

There are 6 sections so you can keep 3-4 Led-Bys so that they can approve the mods (mainly for CLEO and ASI Section, the TCs and Maps Section. These are the places where sh*ts are tight.)

It keeps Staff happy and Modders happy. What do you all think? smile.gif

As STM said they are having hard time with Mod Thefts and other sh*ts so I thought that there should be some Led-bys like ZAZ in GTAG so that they can approve the mods and delete the stolen or f*cked up mods.

--------------------------

Ashwin.Star
  • Ashwin.Star

Back for Next ♪♫

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

My topic is Locked & this one seems to have no Feedback
Are the Admins & Moderators paying attention what The topic want to say ?

Byzantine
  • Byzantine

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

I am sure that there was a good reason as to why The Topic was locked. Also, The Staff is currently focused on GTAF v2, so that is their main priority.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

OK, I have thought for another idea. People here post and they are given 60 seconds before they can again post. So, I was wondering if there can be an Auto Approve and the Flood Control might be set for 60 days. If the modder uploads a virus then the members will report the mod and the Modder will be BUSTED! We should use 21st technology instead of a moderator approving. In that way, modders/moderators/users will be happy.

So, the modder will only submit 1 mod for 60 days. In that way, he can work on that mod while his flood control is resetting. smile.gif

BnB
  • BnB

#OGAY_2014

• The Yardies
  • Greece

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

That's not a good idea, because GTAG will lose its popularity if the mods are not "valid". In my opinion, the solution is the addition of new GTAG mods.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

thegtaplace has a lot of virus but still it's famous. I understand about reputation. confused.gif I am really sure every modder is mature enough to not upload virus unlike Michael.Knight1 (Whatever that crap's name is) or someone like him. Hm... I think my first idea about Led-Bys seems OK.

BnB
  • BnB

#OGAY_2014

• The Yardies
  • Greece

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:09 PM Edited by BnB, 03 May 2012 - 04:11 PM.

You cannot rely on that. Also, you should bear in mind that the internet is full of immature kids. Indeed, TGTAP is popular, because it's they first site which will be visited by people who have just started modding their game. However, most of all a website should be trustworthy.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

Even if they create a new role like "Minor Moderator" for someone who attends to Reported Posts and Support Tickets, just something like that will take some of the work away from the Main Moderators and also get things like Title Changes and Section Changes done faster.

It is quite poor that only half of the GTA Garage Staff have been online (On GTAG) this month and some of the others have not even been on the GTAnet in a Few Weeks to Months, it would be good to get some new blood into GTAG even if it is just like I said, a new Minor Moderator role or something that will spread the work out a bit more.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

I see no mods or admins interest this.

I want some led-bys for GTAG. Otherwise, there will be a lot mod approval topics in Network Support Forum and we have to show STM's old message again and again.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (kmlwin.1996 @ Monday, May 21 2012, 04:02)
I see no mods or admins interest this.

I want some led-bys for GTAG. Otherwise, there will be a lot mod approval topics in Network Support Forum and we have to show STM's old message again and again.

Just to notify you:

QUOTE (Jevon @ Sunday, May 20 2012, 16:43)
Regarding GTAG, it's important to realise that not all moderators are interested in modding; in fact most of them aren't. The difficulty with hiring for GTAG-focussed staff (as STM has previously covered) is that to suitably moderate GTAG they need to have full moderator access on GTAF (to be able to investigate users fully), and finding people who can be trusted with that level of responsibility (and selfless interest in helping the community) is not easy.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

@PrometheusX

That post by Jevon is pretty much enough said, but still, it would be good for moderators to get few led-bys to GTAG. I already posted twice at the support-section after waiting over a month to a mod to be approved. And just check GTAG, there are loads of mods, some even more than 2 months old and yet not approved.

It would be wise to pick few led-by's at GTAG, which are trusted and respected members of GTA-Network, with enough knowledge of mods. One active led-by at each section would really bring the non-approved mods to nearly none and would fasten the approval, and if valid members are picked, then there shouldn't be any bad with the mods. (Viruses, stolen, etc.)

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:56 AM Edited by kmlwin.1996, 29 May 2012 - 05:03 AM.

The problem is the real modders are not online 24/7. But the Forumers are. I think Mods are not interested to maintain the GTAG because it takes too much time to check the mod. (No Offense)

Most problems are in DYOM thing. Check here.

Or we, the members, can report mods to help the staff.

ElvisUnknow
  • ElvisUnknow

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Post Edited: Bot

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Byzantine @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 16:26)
I am sure that there was a good reason as to why The Topic was locked. Also, The Staff is currently focused on GTAF v2, so that is their main priority.

Doesn't say anywhere that they are focusing on new forums? It's just rumors, Byzantine.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 03:20)

Doesn't say anywhere that they are focusing on new forums? It's just rumors, Byzantine.

Actually after contacting the Admins myself, I was told that an Update to GTA Garage will be included in GTA Net V2, and that the moderators are staying off GTAG at the moment due to the Moderation software being a little unstable, so I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens next.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 10:34)
QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 03:20)

Actually after contacting the Admins myself, I was told that an Update to GTA Garage will be included in GTA Net V2, and that the moderators are staying off GTAG at the moment due to the Moderation software being a little unstable, so I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens next.

This.

Need this topic to be shut down because of the explanation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users