1,084 replies to this topic
X S
  • X S

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's official, Alex Rodriguez is retiring.

http://www.sbnation....release-yankees

On one hand, I'm please to see him ago because he could barely play anymore.  On the other hand, I'm a bit saddened for his career.  I think everyone was always waiting for that moment of redemption, but it never came.  Not only that, he's about 4 home runs short of 700.  That says even more, that maybe he didn't want to break those records, and would rather be reminded of just barely breaking Ruth's record, as if that record was bigger than him.  That's insanely humbling for someone who was known to have such a huge ego.  His retirement is almost bittersweet.

Maybe now he'll be a good example and mentor for the youngins' on a Yankee team that seems to actually be rebuilding.  It's been over 20 years since the Yanks actually attempted to rebuild anything with young talent.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

ARod and "humble" in the same paragraph eh?

that's cute.

he would've broken the record if he could.

good riddance. don't let the door hit you in your pimply roid-ridden ass on the way out.

• Zello likes this

X S
  • X S

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by X S, 2 weeks ago.

He had a year and a half left on his contract, and 18 home runs left to match Ruth.  That'd be easy pickings had they just left him in the lineup until the end of 2017.  Yet, I think he understood the integrity of the Yankee record itself, and that it rightfully belongs to to Ruth.  He did the right thing by not challenging it.

If that's not humility, I don't know what is.  Hell, a deflated ego would be more than an understatement.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

3,000 for Ichiro
  • El Diablo likes this

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

Doc Gooden denies he's doing cocaine, but looking at that picture tells a different story IMO. I hope he can get his sh*t together before it's too late.

http://www.nydailyne...rautski Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users