1,090 replies to this topic
X S
  • X S

Confirmation Bias Approved

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:36 PM

It's official, Alex Rodriguez is retiring.

http://www.sbnation....release-yankees

On one hand, I'm please to see him ago because he could barely play anymore.  On the other hand, I'm a bit saddened for his career.  I think everyone was always waiting for that moment of redemption, but it never came.  Not only that, he's about 4 home runs short of 700.  That says even more, that maybe he didn't want to break those records, and would rather be reminded of just barely breaking Ruth's record, as if that record was bigger than him.  That's insanely humbling for someone who was known to have such a huge ego.  His retirement is almost bittersweet.

Maybe now he'll be a good example and mentor for the youngins' on a Yankee team that seems to actually be rebuilding.  It's been over 20 years since the Yanks actually attempted to rebuild anything with young talent.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

ARod and "humble" in the same paragraph eh?

that's cute.

he would've broken the record if he could.

good riddance. don't let the door hit you in your pimply roid-ridden ass on the way out.

• Zello likes this

X S
  • X S

Confirmation Bias Approved

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:57 PM Edited by X S, 07 August 2016 - 11:58 PM.

He had a year and a half left on his contract, and 18 home runs left to match Ruth.  That'd be easy pickings had they just left him in the lineup until the end of 2017.  Yet, I think he understood the integrity of the Yankee record itself, and that it rightfully belongs to to Ruth.  He did the right thing by not challenging it.

If that's not humility, I don't know what is.  Hell, a deflated ego would be more than an understatement.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:09 AM

3,000 for Ichiro
  • El Diablo likes this

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:56 PM

Doc Gooden denies he's doing cocaine, but looking at that picture tells a different story IMO. I hope he can get his sh*t together before it's too late.

http://www.nydailyne...rautski Twitter

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 3 weeks ago

f*ck this season...

It's a miracle the Angels even won 60 games, with the sh*t they've gone through.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by El Diablo, 2 weeks ago.

omg omg omg omg

Y1cN0mO.jpg

http://www.espn.com/...er-qb-tim-tebow

Vaulttec
  • Vaulttec

Vault Dweller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Shocking news out of Miami Jose Fernandez dies at 24

http://www.espn.com/...oating-accident

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

Il Capo. El Jefe. Газда.

• GTAF Crew
  • None
  • Best Certified Gang 2015 [GTAF Crew]
    Best Gang 2014 [GTAF Crew]

Posted A day ago

Unbelievable.

I woke up to that this morning, and thought it was a joke or some show or something.

I think I'm still processing, but right now I'm just mad. So much youth and talent. The Miami press conference this morning was gut wrenching.

You know, when Jose first came on the scene he took a lot of flack for the way he carried himself. The laughing, smiling, talking to players, and all that. I get, as a ball player, how it can be off putting. It looks like he's trying to show someone up. Admittedly, I think my knee jerk reaction was that he was showing everybody up. It's a thing that a lot of Latin players face. Interestingly though....you got to see something unique with Jose. He wouldn't just do it after striking a guy out, he'd do it when someone struck him out. He'd do it when a guy hit a home run off him. You realized he was just having fun.

A lot of talk get's thrown around about the unwritten rules, playing the game the right way, and playing the way it was meant to be played. As guys like Puig, Cespides, and other Latin players took center stage....and the conversation on 'Latin Flare' became front and center.....something amazing began to happen with attention drawn to Jose. Attitudes changed. People started talking about making baseball fun again.

The thing that makes the game of baseball so great, is that it is a game. It's a children's game played by grown men. And when we teach kids the game we tell them above all else, to have fun. Baseball, for too long, has gotten old and bitter and crotchety. I don't think there is a guy in the league who embodies that spirit more than Jose Fernandez. It's almost unbelievable to think that a guy being paid so much money could be having that much fun doing his job, but he really was. He was a man who came from nothing, making a living for his entire family......by playing a children's game, and he never forgot it.

Obviously we lost a great pitcher, a great ball player, but as it goes for people....I think we really lost a good one.

Jose-Fernandez.jpg

• Vaulttec likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted A day ago

It sucks to lose a young player like that.

And it'll haunt you as a fan. I still think about what could've happened if Nick Adenhart lived. At the very least he would've had a great life.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 10 hours ago

dude, something about young talented pitchers, man...

how many teams have been through this now?

gy5qjF6.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users