Posted A week ago

lol, Good point.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by El Diablo, A week ago.

I think baseball needs to adopt the rule that football, basketball, and hockey have already figured out. when a fight breaks out on the field then it should only involve the couple of guys who started it.

this f/cking sh/t in baseball where 2 guys start yelling at each other and suddenly EVERY SINGLE MAN from BOTH TEAMS runs into the middle of it - even the pitchers sprinting 100 yards out from the bullpen - really needs to stop. it's one thing to be a grown man fighting another grown man over the events of a child's game, but baseball is the only sport where BENCHES CLEAR and guys who were never supposed to be involved wind up with broken fingers and fractured ribs.

and even when nobody is injured, you end up wasting over 30 minutes of game time just sorting everything out. instead of breaking up a few players, you've got a handful of umpires tasked with wrangling in THE ENTIRE TEAM during the heat of the moment. so what should have been dealt with in 5 minutes by 5 people  ends up delaying the game for longer than most individual innings while they figure out who needs to be ejected, etc. so even when nobody is hurt, now you've got players who were never part of the original scuffle getting suspensions and games missed for aggravating the situation.

I give hockey a bad rap sometimes for still being immature enough to let players enter a boxing match on the ice. but the MLB is actually far more white-trash in this regard. I don't understand why they allow this crap to occur. when a fight breaks out on the field, ANYONE WHO LEAVES THEIR BENCH to run onto the field and join the fight should be immediately ejected and suspended for minimum games.

can you imagine if every hockey or football or basketball fight the ENTIRE teams (and coaches and often managers) would join in the brawl? it would be utter chaos. and it looks ridiculous the way that baseball lets these guys pile on until a 1v1 becomes a 20v20.

/rant

• Johan likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted A week ago

Definitely agree, I understand the whole "Backing up your team" thing but it's getting pretty damn old.

All things aside, Ventura really needs to take a cold shower asap, already had a few issues with the A's last week and now he's looking for more trouble with the White Sox. On video it did look like Eaton said a few things before Ventura threw out the ol' "Vacuum" though, but he definitely needs a time out for at least one start.

I Love Anna Kournikova
  • I Love Anna Kournikova

Dad

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I didnt see what happened before the pitch, but Once ventura caught the ball, all the talking and gesturing he was doing was out of line.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The Orioles crush the Red Sox

18-7

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted A week ago

and now the games are postponed because of the rioting.

people were burning cop cars right outside the Orioles stadium.

X S
  • X S

Miss LS Organizer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A week ago

So I'm just watching the Yankee/Rays game right now, and it's like there's a right-field shift on almost every left-handed hitter.  I know this has been going on for years, but now it's common practice.  I know I'd be so annoyed as a left-handed hitter if the defense kept doing this to me.  Why don't these guys just bunt to f*ck with the defense?  I know it's probably an out most of the time, but if you become successful at this and they know you're prone to doing it, maybe defenses will think twice, no?  Is this a pride thing?  It has to be, because I just can't see Mark Teixera laying down a bunt, even if he could.

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted A week ago Edited by Johan, A week ago.

So I'm just watching the Yankee/Rays game right now, and it's like there's a right-field shift on almost every left-handed hitter.  I know this has been going on for years, but now it's common practice.  I know I'd be so annoyed as a left-handed hitter if the defense kept doing this to me.  Why don't these guys just bunt to f*ck with the defense?  I know it's probably an out most of the time, but if you become successful at this and they know you're prone to doing it, maybe defenses will think twice, no?  Is this a pride thing?  It has to be, because I just can't see Mark Teixera laying down a bunt, even if he could.

Yeah they've been doing that a LOT, especially against the Yankees who are filled with lefties. I remember seeing Tex bunt a couple of years ago in a Spring Training game I think against the shift (or someone else).

The problem is that these guys keep trying to swing for the fences, which is why they don't bunt or at least try to hit the ball the other way (not saying it's easy but they should start trying it out more often, just look at Ian Kinsler a few weeks back going against the shift they had on him)

Glad to see they did pick up the victory yet again though, Yankees are now 10 for their last 12 and it only gets better from here :D (I hope)

I Love Anna Kournikova
  • I Love Anna Kournikova

Dad

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

If im a left, and they shift on me im Push Bunting to third base. I would do that until they stopped shifting.

Problem solved.

• darthYENIK likes this

CjLosSantos
  • CjLosSantos

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

If im a left, and they shift on me im Push Bunting to third base. I would do that until they stopped shifting.

Problem solved.

you might be a giants fan but I totally agree with you there, the ol hit'em where they ain't
  • I Love Anna Kournikova likes this

X S
  • X S

Miss LS Organizer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Watching the Mets games, and man, Bryce Harper would sure look good in a Yankee uniform.  Of course, he'll have to get rid of that dirty beard first.  :p

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Are the Astros actually good this year or am I seeing things?

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Johan, 2 days ago.

Are the Astros actually good this year or am I seeing things?

I'm actually loving their current run, just like watching Altuvez's historic 2014.. I'm hoping they stay this hot throughout the entire season.

Speaking of hot teams, my Yankees have been surprisingly the hell out of me. Most people weren't expecting them to start off this great.. even Harold from MLB Network commented on them a few weeks ago that they were in trouble with their consistent lefty-only lineup; but it has been working out for them.. I heard that they're now 2-0 when their lineup is just lefties, pretty impressive.

Obviously since we're competing for the AL East, I really doubt it'll be this easy for the rest of the season. And I'm glad we got the sweep at Boston for the first time since 2006.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted A day ago

Their pretty good. Last year, I could see their potential. They were better than their record showed.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted A day ago

St. Louis is rolling in spite of things.

Wainwright goes down for the season and the Cardinals respond by posting the best record in franchise history through 25 games with 3 walk off wins in a row followed by a huge comeback win tonight against Chicago.

being that I no longer live in STL it's pretty great how often they have nationally televised games.

between ESPN and the MLB network it feels like the Red Birds are on TV two or three times a month or more.

I Love Anna Kournikova
  • I Love Anna Kournikova

Dad

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 22 hours ago

MLB network is the sh*t. It is on my TV 90% of the time at my house.

You might be surprised to hear it, but I am actually happy with the way the Giants season is going right now. We had a 9 game losing streak earlier but we are somehow 13-13 without Hunter Pence, Jake Peavy, Matt Cain and while having the worst 3rd basemen in the league.

Lincecum has looked pretty good, Bumgarner looks good and Rookie Chirs Heston looks solid. Hopefully Peavy and Cain can come back and contribute.

Rumors are going around that we are looking for a 3rd basemen though since McGehee isnt doing sh*t at the moment. A trade for Daniel Murphy is "In the Works." Dont know if it will ever happen though.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 14 hours ago

As an Angels fan to a Giants fan, you're welcome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users