Photo

General Major League Baseball Discussion

709 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 3 weeks ago

I personally think Bonds should be voted in, dude was definitely a beast.. especially before he used steroids.

Nonetheless, congrats on Pedro and Randy.. both were monsters on the mound.. and congrats as well to Smoltz and Biggio.

superblydone
  • superblydone

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

J Roll in Dodgers blue looks so weird.... I'm a Phillies fan, but still...

Good luck Jimmy.

750x422.jpg

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Flyby29, 2 weeks ago.

image.jpg
Barry Bonds might have been good before he was on roids but that doesn't change what he did. Cheating is cheating, you reap what you sow, in this case he should not a member of the hof.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Damn you Billy Beane taking Clippard from us for Yunel Escobar. I wonder what my Nats are going to do now we need a setup man to replace Clippard maybe Escobar plays second.

Just so pissed right now but ahh well

tumblr_mak234ZCOW1rwxhj6.jpg

Yes Mr.Beane yes you are...

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted A week ago Edited by El Diablo, A week ago.

Barry Bonds might have been good before he was on roids but that doesn't change what he did. Cheating is cheating, you reap what you sow, in this case he should not a member of the hof.

c'mon dude.

we just went over this.

do I really have to repost my Barry Bonds spiel?

"cheating" is clearly in the eye of the beholder as Barry didn't actually break any rules of baseball.

Bonds deserves to be in the HOF regardless of what he took because he was HOF material prior to his resurgent slugging percentage.

prior to any of the controversy, he was booking his ticket as the charter (and only) member of the 500/500 club. no other player in baseball history is even close to achieving 500 stolen bases and 500 home runs, not to mention 40 and 40 in a single season. he has more HRs against more different pitchers than any other player. he won the MVP like 7 fcking times with 14 All Star trips.

with 8 Gold Gloves and 12 Silver Sluggers he is probably the best all-around athlete to ever play the game. the majority of these accomplishments were set in stone well before the mid 2000's when he began to seriously bulk up and changed his style.

I'll always remember Barry as that kid with all the potential in the world.

6lQ6xeA.jpg

ILAK
  • ILAK

I'M A DADDY

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It wasn't cheating at the time because the stuff he took wasn't illigal at the time. No one knew what it was.
  • El Diablo likes this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Bonds f*cked himself when he lied under Oath. At least Mark McGuire admitted to it(and unfortunately it was during his explosive year). Sammy Sosa, yeah that one was incredibly obvious. The biggest disappointment of all was A-rod.

Honestly can we get a record setting HR hitter that doesn't take steroids in some form?

ILAK
  • ILAK

I'M A DADDY

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Whats funny is all the guys who played before the Steroid era were also doing stuff to give them an edge. But it was very little known problem at the time and there was no way to test them.

Gianst Signed Aoki today. Not exactly the big FA signing that Giants fans were hoping for this off season.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

that's the part I hate.

everyone forgets that baseball was never clean.

the same can be said of any major professional sporting league in this country.

every generation uses something to enhance their experience on the field. before steroids it was amphetamines, before amphetamines it was nicotine, before nicotine it was Greenies, before Greenies it was salts, and before salts it was f/cking hard liquor.

none of those things are allowed in a baseball locker.

but all of them have been consumed during the game of baseball for over 100 years.

• ILAK likes this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

As for Roger Clemens. Apparently he was a bigger diva than Terrell Owens.

ILAK
  • ILAK

I'M A DADDY

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I have a hard tiem believing that. But at he same time I wouldn't be surprised. :p

anyway, enough about steroids. Everyone has their opinions on them and there is no point of us debating it here. 

back to Baseball talk.

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I refuse to eat at a little ceasers becuase of their connection the detroit tigers. Go Royals.
  • ILAK likes this

ILAK
  • ILAK

I'M A DADDY

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

That's funny. I don't eat Dodger Dogs either lol.

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The tigers owner is trying to buy a World Series before he dies, as a royals fan I can tell you all about that. The royals had the highest payroll in 1989 so the royals could win the World Series again before Kauffman died, well it didn't work out and the royals went 29 years (1985-2014) before making it back to the postseason.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

So Scherzer is going to sign with the Nats. Just wonder who they are gonna give up

Scott Boras is in bed with Mike Rizzo...

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

That's funny. I don't eat Dodger Dogs either lol.

you wouldn't believe how many people in Denver insist on Papa John's Pizza because Peyton Manning is in all those f/cking commercials. and their pizza is generic trash; there's literally 200 better pizza joints in the city.

• ILAK likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted A week ago

News going around that A-Rod is currently being mentored by Barry Bonds.. as funny as that sounds (and I've seen plenty of jokes about it for obvious reasons) it might help him out considering he did mentor a few last season who ended up doing great (Sandoval being one of them)

As a Yankee fan, I'm hoping it'll help him out.. otherwise it'll just be another long season for him in the Bronx. Wish him the best of luck and very interested in seeing how Spring Training will be.

ILAK
  • ILAK

I'M A DADDY

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Bonds would make a great coach. I would love for him to become the Giants hitting coach....

...If the Giants had not just won 3 WS with Hensley Mullens.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 4 days ago

R.I.P Mr. Cub Ernie Banks :/

995642_10153038817252451_213658305297898

• ILAK likes this

CjLosSantos
  • CjLosSantos

Thug

• Members