• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

So, I have this system:

AMD 960T unlocked to 6 cores running on 3.6GHz

8gb Ram

Windows 7 Ultimate

Gigabyte GeForce GTX560 1GB [ non Ti Version]

I have not installed any patch or anyhtin'

I just cant get the Graphics settings right.

Can't max it, it's not playable.

I think my system is pretty OK for it to play games like that, I've read that it's poorly ported to PC.

But I want to know if there is anythin' I can do to improve FPS, or any recommended settings.

Thanks!

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:33 AM Edited by Dr. John13, 05 April 2012 - 10:35 AM.

Did you buy the game or do you use NO-CD Crack?

As for FPS, here's my commandline.txt:
CODE
norestrictions
-availablevidmem 5.0
-percentvidmem 100
-DX9 /low  
-frameLimit 0
-nomemrestrict
-novblank
-noprecache
-minspecaudio

Download Contig.exe and make a shortcut in your desktop. Put the real contig file in your GTA 4 Directory. Afterwards, open properties of the shortcut file and add this like this - .....exe" -s
Then, run it.

These are some few ways to increase fps. Read the sentence given in the manual - "Increased performance will be noticed on more powerful system." If you have good PC then it will run fine with no missing textures and no fps kill.

Patch 1.0.7.0 is the latest one. If you have any problems, that patch should fix it.

Contig.exe - Google it.
Patch 1.0.7.0 - You can find it in Rockstar Support site. (The site also includes the older patches. It might be useful if this Version is giving you trouble/crashes/errors.)

Keep your seettings are the lowest or just test it via Benchmark tool.

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Install patch 1.0.4.0 for better looking old shadows or 1.0.7.0 if you want to play online. Put graphics settings to high, not very high. Night shadows off, filter x4 , view distance 25, detail distance 40, traffic 50, on, on.

Voliminal
  • Voliminal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

I dont know if I'm supposed to mention this here, but it's not the original game.

I'll try to install the 1.0.7.0 since both of you recomend it as a solution, I hope it improves my FPS.

Also I think it adds up some more tweaks for the graphics since some of the settings Luceberg listed are not available on the standard version.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

You should check the second paragraph here http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=471976

syoer
  • syoer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

The guy was asking for help, not cracks. The original version and the cracked one (fixed launcher) both use the same exes and files.

In my computer 1.0.4.0 runs nice. 1.0.7.0 uses less cpu but its unstable (random slowdowns).

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (syoer @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 14:33)
The guy was asking for help, not cracks. The original version and the cracked one (fixed launcher) both use the same exes and files.

In my computer 1.0.4.0 runs nice. 1.0.7.0 uses less cpu but its unstable (random slowdowns).

Illegally obtained copies are NOT supported. Discussion of cracks in any form is forbidden.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users