» «
Photo

Help with modifying headlight lights_occluders.wtd

3 replies to this topic
JzztBlazze
  • JzztBlazze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:46 AM Edited by JzztBlazze, 05 April 2012 - 07:49 AM.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum but have always downloaded other peoples stuff for my games including cars, maps, etc.

Anyways its almost 4am in the morning and I spent all night home trying to get the light cutoff of my cars to be something like projector cutoffs.

ex. Just type "projector cutoff" in google
https://www.google.c...-Nurw0gHi_YCXDA

I know nothing about texturing, just following what seems like common sense to me, so there may be something I am missing.

Here is what I have been able to do so far.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Now this is just what I want but theres one thing I dont understand, when one of the headlights gets damaged which well... happens most if not all of the time, my texture goes away and I am left with this, which is what the original headlights look like. How do I make it just be half of my texture instead of the one that comes with the game?

user posted image user posted image

Anyways I would appreciate it if anyone could guide me in the right direction, thanks.

edit: also, car is not mine, this is from the readme of the car, got it off gta4mods.
The only thing thats mine here is the texture for the cutoff.

car author information
Авто?конверта: _NameLess_
сайт: http://gtaiv-blc.ru/
Связь ?авторо?
e-mail: [email protected]

Lexus LS600h L v.1.1
Copyright ?2010 BLC, _NameLess_. All rights reserved

JzztBlazze
  • JzztBlazze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hello I have been working on this some more and wanted to know where can I upload my mod so people can download it, rate it, give feedback, etc?

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:37 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 11 April 2012 - 06:41 PM.

With gtagarage.com which is an official part of the gtaforums/gtanet you can do it. You can even embed your mod directly into your post here with preview pics but don't ask me how.
Gtagarage.com is definitely the most appreciated site here. I'm also thinking about registering there. "Normal" filehosts you can use as well if they match the modding rules (no registering/no dl expiration).

Besides this I would recommend you to present your mod in the Mod Showroom section, not in this subforum here.

QUOTE (Modding Rules)
[4.0] Showroom rules

[4.1] Download links must NOT:
[4.1.1] Require registration.

[4.1.2] Limit the amount of available downloads.

[4.1.3] Expire after a pre-defined amount of time.

Please avoid upload sites such as RapidShare and MegaUpload due to their expiration times and download limits. Consider GTAGarage.com for reliable hosting. Any topics that do not comply will have their links removed and may eventually be locked.

ikt
  • ikt

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Amazing mod! I personally prefer GTA4-mods.com because it's more popular.

You could take a look at the bike front light, since it's similar to the broken light.

I love it, I'll get it as soon as you upload it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users